Learning Care Group Center Director Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Learning Care Group CEO Mark R. Bierley
Mark R. Bierley
0 Rating
  1. "Growing Company with Solid Values"

Current Employee - Center Director

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

My time with Learning Care Group has by far been the best company experience I have had in the field of Child Development. The education department strives to stay the forefront of curriculum development. The company as a whole has a vested interest in it's employees; they encourage growth and development through programs such as tuition reimbursement.

Cons

The company constantly continues to find ways to value it's employees, making any cons null.

Learning Care Group2015-07-21
  2. "No work life balnce"

Former Freelancer - Center Director

I worked at Learning Care Group for more than 3 years

Pros

Salary, interactions with families, and LMS trainings.

Cons

Work life balance, support from regional and district managers.

Advice to Management

Make your self more available to your centers so they can know and feel like they are supported so their morale isn't lost in tough times.

Learning Care Group2019-01-14

"Could do better"

Current Employee - Center Director in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love the families and children that we serve! There are many families that I have had the opportunity to build life long relationships with and watched children grow and succeed. As a center director I am fortunate to have a very good staff. We can all have fun and are like a big family.

Cons

While I have a good relationship with my staff, I feel that There is a disconnect between what I am asked to do for my staff, the considerations I am to give them to provide a healthy work life balance and what is extended to me and my fellow directors. Our home lives and families are of little consideration and we are rarely extended gratitude for what we do. I feel that sometimes as well, it is forgotten we are a customer service industry and we do not produce a product.

Advice to Management

Give directors the same appreciation and encouragement we extend to our hourly staff. Listen to our ideas and focus on what is important. Support the staff you do have and you won’t have to constantly replace directors.

Learning Care Group2018-02-15

"Center Director"

Current Employee - Center Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Values, work-life balance, benefits, team environment

Cons

Not many opportunities to advance beyond center director

Learning Care Group2015-09-16

"Childtime"

Current Employee - Center Director

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great childcare discount Helping children learn and grow every day Building relationships with families

Cons

Huge push for good numbers, not enough focus on the positives in a center, executives that have never worked in a center, low pay for teachers, don't invest revenue back into their centers and rely too heavily on grant money from accreditation.

Advice to Management

Invest money back into centers. It will help gain enrollments, which will help numbers!

Learning Care Group2015-08-16
  6. "Director"

Current Employee - Center Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company empowers it's employees to act like business owners, while providing support on different levels and on-going training. From the begining you recive two weeks of training then after several months you get to travel to director academy in Novi, Michigan where you recive a week of non-stop training. The company is slowly moving to paying it's employees more at the start. Most importantly there is a high level of fulfilment in making a difference in a families life. Also, the company is doing well.

Cons

As a Director you have alot of responsibilities. Being responsible for the welfare of young children places alot of stress on you. At an average you end up working over 45 hours a week. It's difficult to attract and retain employees. Many in child care feel under paid for the work they do.

Advice to Management

Please pay for opportunities for employee edvelopment like CDAs for teachers and leadership conferences and training for Management. There are too many teachers with no education in our centers. The company creates many in house trainings that provide information on running centers; but there are not many professional development opportunities in leadership, supervision, communication..

Learning Care Group2015-07-25