Learning Care Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Learning Care Group CEO Barbara J. Beck
Barbara J. Beck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • low pay and benefits -part time (in 17 reviews)

• Working on a better work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company to work for! Some place that I genuinely want to work for the rest of my career."

Current Employee - Academy Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Academy Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In the industry for the right reasons- children and families. Even though they are a larger company, things still feel small and personable. The corporate level isn't above or out of reach to the field employees. They are for profit but truly invest back into their schools. They are constantly making improvements and advancements to be a leader in the field of early childhood education.

Cons

Salary and the bonus structure for directors isn't competitive enough or in line with all that they do in that position.

Advice to Management

Promote more from within and encourage that.

2. "Overall great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not your traditional work environment, I rarely walk into work feeling stressed or overwhelmed. I work with some awesome people who are always very supportive. LCG does a lot to show their employees they care. Whether you are working at the corporate office or out in the field at one of our centers, Learning Care Group is the place to be!

Cons

I have been with the company for over a year now, and so far I do not have any major cons to share.

3. "Great place to work, would recommend!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Marketing in Novi, MI

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- casual dress code
    - somewhat flexible work schedule
    - family like environment
    - strong leadership team
    - rewarding work (providing quality care for families)
    - company is growing and reinvesting in schools and technology

Cons

- health plans/ benefits are average, no 401k match
    - this is a childcare company, they should have a strong maternity/ paternity policy outside of traditional short term disability in my opinion, which they do not

Advice to Management

- We value working parents at this company so please reconsider your maternity/ paternity benefits and become a leader in this aspect
    - Not having a 401k match is a big con to the benefits package
    - I think we have a strong leadership team here, thank you for your hard work and dedication!

4. "Lead Teacher"

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Good staff

Cons

Too much administrative work for teachers.

Advice to Management

Reduce teacher student ratio to 1 to 15-18 instead of 26 with one lead teacher.

5. "Lead Teacher"

Current Employee - Infant Lead Teacher in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Infant Lead Teacher in Austin, TX

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot in a short amount of time about childcare.

Cons

Management can only be so helpful. Overall, not a positive work environment in regards to other employees.

6. "It's not worth it"

Former Employee - Teacher
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros. You say you're working hard to turn public opinion around but then you turn around and accept mediocre directors and management, and allow them to treat your employees with disrespect and create a toxic work environment.

Cons

Poor management, lack of respect in workplace, unrealistic standards, time card was altered, breaks not given, constantly out of ratio, putting infants in with toddlers, hostile towards new working mothers.

Advice to Management

Actually hire qualified people for the position of directors, listen to your employees feedback, put programs in place to boost employee morale, be realistic with your standards/practices. Actually follow the laws and give your employees they're required breaks/rest periods. Also put in place for more accountability to be put on your directors. Most of them are unprofessional and unqualified.

7. "Former Assistant Director"

Former Employee - Assistant Director
    Former Employee - Assistant Director

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Watching children grow and learn everyday. Establishing good and lasting relationships with the families. LCG does have a really fabulous curriculum in place for the children to grow.

Cons

Staff is encouraged not to gossip, yet the director does so herself. And from attending several management meetings over five years, this is the way most centers are ran. When the issue was brought up several times to upper management, it was ignored. Upper management and corporate love to bark orders and raise rates. Twice a year they raise rates on these families yet the teachers see 25 cent increases per year. It’s absolute bull not to care about the teachers enough to give them a decent raise. Average corporation where money is, and will always be the number one priority.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Be a mentor, have your teachers’ backs and be consistent without showing favoritism.

8. "Assistant Director"

Pros

Family relationships, free education through TEACH, watching children flourish and grow, parent involved activities, safety is a key component for children, staff, and families

Cons

This company doesn't appreciate their staff/ management, pay does not equate to all the jobs/ responsibilities that are expected, did not feel supported by upper management

Advice to Management

Show your administrative staff/ teachers more support. Raises/ bonuses should be given annually.

Nov 28, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. A strong network of peers, school leadership and corporate support all contribute to providing a positive environment for our... More

"Think twice before you acceopt the job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free meals, nice hours, convient location

Cons

Being sent home early according to student ratio,dealing with parents.management, pretty good about days off

Advice to Management

People have bills and feels stop talking about the staff behind their backs work with them not against them offer better pay maybe they will stay

Nov 9, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience as a Learning Care Group employee. Not only are we as a company dedicated to the children, families, and clients that we serve but we... More

"Disappointment in the whole company"

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time

Pros

Many new faces and loving children that are always looking up to you for support and guidance. Ability to incorporate our creative skills in the class and meet families that appreciate your hard work and love you give their children.

Cons

Management all around. No support what so ever, no one cares how many kids we have or the personal well being of any child at any location I have worked at. Teachers are left to attitudes when needing to excuse them selves to the bathroom, children are moved from one class to another with no notice, when teachers are stressed NO ONE HELPS. Every bit of this company is a joke, it is a book you only see the cover too. The pages inbetween would be a horror story. I would never recommend any friend or family to work in this industry you will be left high and dry with no training and be set up for failure. Not fair to the children or any of these families.

Advice to Management

Learn to properly do YOUR job and maybe the company wouldn't be so horrible.

Nov 9, 2017 – Recruiting Coordinator

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you have not been having a positive experience as a Learning Care Group employee. However, we’re really glad... More