Learning Care Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Learning Care Group CEO Barbara J. Beck
Barbara J. Beck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • low pay and benefits -part time (in 17 reviews)

• Lots of work and need better work life balance (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company to work for! Some place that I genuinely want to work for the rest of my career."

Current Employee - Academy Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Academy Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In the industry for the right reasons- children and families. Even though they are a larger company, things still feel small and personable. The corporate level isn't above or out of reach to the field employees. They are for profit but truly invest back into their schools. They are constantly making improvements and advancements to be a leader in the field of early childhood education.

Cons

Salary and the bonus structure for directors isn't competitive enough or in line with all that they do in that position.

Advice to Management

Promote more from within and encourage that.

"Child daycare"

Current Employee - Cook in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Cook in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Love working with children and cooking for them.

Cons

Very unorganized and very chaotic at times.

Advice to Management

Care more about staff

3. "It's a job"

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I dont have anything to say...

Cons

Schedules, benefits, the amount of unnecessary work, lack of support, and recognition.

Advice to Management

I was management.

4. "Understaffed"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Families are caring and the kids are so caring and loving !

Cons

Understffed , The workers don't care, Have worked 13 hours a day without a break.

Advice to Management

Hold workers accauntable for not doing their jobs.

5. "Assistant Director"

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time

Pros

Provide a consistent educational system to follow and impart to students . Training for employees is streamlined so everyone in all schools under all brands receives the same guidelines and procedures to follow.

Cons

Salary compensation is poor, especially for management, particularly for the fees charged to families.

Advice to Management

Monitor managers to ensure that they are employee friendly and not burned out.

6. "Great learning experience"

I worked at Learning Care Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Love creating ideas fire art, expressive environment, geeat people

Cons

Not enough money, insurance coverage could be better

7. "High Quality"

Current Employee - Manager in Indian Trail, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Indian Trail, NC

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Being able to be a part of a child's educational journey, working with amazing people, and a lot of room for advancement.

Cons

If your passion is not working with children and your wanting to become rich this may not be the right fit for you, but if you love children and your passion is teaching then I strongly recommend this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing...changing lives :)

8. "Great for families not 4 employees"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great kids and families. Career advancement

Cons

Low pay,yearly raises are a joke they are usually 15 cents - 36, Director and upper management are the only ones who get bonuses no one else gets recognized

Advice to Management

Buy supplies your teacher's and children need them consistently

"No Recommended"

Current Employee - Teacher in Rockledge, FL
    Current Employee - Teacher in Rockledge, FL

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The children and families are what keeps me going back everyday. Honestly, if I didn't truly love working with children I wouldn't still be here.

Cons

Where do I start? The director and management staff are in no way there to help. When asked multiple times for help with the work load and some more assistance from my teacher assistant I received none. The managers do appsolutly nothing but gossip amongst themselves and talk on the phone all day. Its like pulling teeth when asking to use the bathroom. Don't try to call for help either; when a child is having insubordinate behavior you're basically on your own. Breaks are not guaranteed and there almost never at the same time. I've been floating for months and sometimes I find myself in four or more classrooms within the first hour of being there. It's incredibly stressful and the amount of pay and benefits are miniscule at best. The director at my location is not at all personal able or helpful, she barely comes into the classroom. They say the best way to lead is to model appropriate behavior. This is almost never done. I personally have been scolded for my tone of voice in the classroom and so has many of my coworkers. However, when looking to my director for an example it is not there. My director exhibits a short temper and often frustration with children who have behavioral issues. I feel like help with anything is not granted no matter how many times I've asked. At this point, I truthfully just show up do my job and leave. I'm afraid to speak of my frustrations, for fear that it will get back to the director and I will be punished for seaking help. I do not trust anyone I work with, after being here a year and half. The work enviroment is neagtive, spiteful and in no way welcoming. The one coworker I am friendly with, I never have the opportunity to work with and almost never have a break together. There is no personal relationships with my coworkers or management. It is strictly professional. This location is extremely cliquey. For example, there is always a few teachers who always get out early when possible, mean while people like me rack up overtime. There are a couple teachers who always get an hour of lesson planning every week, mean while I did not get any in months. There are teachers who always receive acknowledgment by management and others, like myself, who never do. The select few teachers who get whatever they want, and others who get nothing. For example, I asked for a number/letter chart for my class during circle time multiple times and in multiple ways. I never received it, so after a couple months I purchased one with my own money. This was used against me and in no way did I recieve recognition for taking the anitative. It is very hard to receive recognition and when you do it does not last long. I worry about what my future holds with this company and I fear they are just looking for a good opportunity to fire me. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Advice to Management

Step out of the office for a minute to thank your teachers for there very hard work. Please try to create relationships with your staff (mainly the teachers). Us teachers are the ones that make the place run smoothly so it would be nice to see that our management staff cares and are concerned about our needs as teachers. When a teacher asks for help please try to help them.

10. "Center Director"

I have been working at Learning Care Group full-time

Pros

You get to be apart of the children lives and see them grow.

Cons

The company care more about money then they do what's best for the children.

Advice to Management

It is not the Director that makes the decisions about pay and rules