KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,927

972 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Learning Care Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Best place I have ever worked.

May 3, 2022 - Operations Integration Specialist in Lacey, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, incredible support, Tuition assistance. Growth within the company. Truly love education and are always brainstorming ideas with teachers and leadership on ways to navigate the ever changing ECE field. No other place I would choose to work.

Cons

I do not have anything to add.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Aug 10, 2022 - Coordinator in Novi, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Their work your way program is great. You can either work from home, at their office or hybrid if you want. Management is invested in your growth. Discounts on childcare.

Cons

Complicated hiring process, 4 interviews before an acceptance letter.

3. 4.0

Supported and pleased

Aug 16, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Education support and growth within the company support Staff retention encouragement

Cons

Financial push with little regard to personal and professional sacrifices just to make ends meet within the center

4. 1.0
    Current Employee

Terrible work environment

Jul 7, 2022 - Lead Preschool Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

The children! The location- it is a short commute for me!

Cons

Management does not care about you- you are just a body to them They do not give raises/ no career advancement possible from working here unless you want to be a director at the Young School Four directors at the Young School Ellicott City, MD (too many people giving orders and not nearly enough workers) Directors treat staff and children with disrespect- you wonder why some of them are even working in this field when it is clear they do not like working with children They do not buy new materials or replace broken and worn out materials and classroom furnishings/ decor - the teachers have to pay for new classroom materials, decor etc. out of their own pockets if they want nice, new things in their classroom and on the playground

Recruiting Manager

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear the level of support you had received from management. It is important to us that our employees feel they have the support they need to be successful in their role. Thanks again for sharing your perspective.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Would be a great job if you are in a school that is well-staffed.

Apr 15, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong programming. Various opportunities for growth. I experienced supportive upper management (district manager).

Cons

When short on staff, Directors are expected to wear multiple hats - as in doing the job of 2-3 other full time people (teaching, cooking, etc) on top of their (full time) duties. They don’t have the opportunity to support their staff because they are focused on filling the high priority needs of the school (cooking, covering a classroom, driving the bus). Teaching staff is over worked and nearly everyone in the school is working 50+ hours per week. (Of the school is fully staffed, this usually isn’t an issue, unfortunately I was at a school that was extremely short staffed). There’s virtually no work life balance for management. Even though people are over worked, they are still expected to perform at 110% and not miss anything. There is very little training and support resources for school management. (And if you moved up within the company, it’s seems that they assume you already know what you are supposed to do and are just left to figure things out on your own).

1 person found this review helpful

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Do not Work Here

Aug 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Kids Its a job I guess

Cons

Everything else pretty much Little to no supplies or food and everything is extremely low quality and cheap May mess up your pay causing you severe headaches when you try to get it fixed several times

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

Childcare Center

Aug 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits for staff members

Cons

Lesson plans don't benefit the children.

8. 3.0

I enjoyed my time there

Aug 6, 2022 - Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Professional, learned a lot from other teachers and director, and it’s structured.

Cons

Management can be petty and yours get cut

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Undervalued and Under-compensated

May 26, 2022 - Assistant Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

The kids were great to work with

Cons

Not enough staff to run the program but kept encouraging centers to enroll children, which caused staff to work extremely long hours and feel burnout often. According to the staffing matrix, though we were fine because of the number of kids that were enrolled. District Manager would put directors on a pedestal and anyone under the directors were viewed as expendable. Amount paid was not comparable to the amount and quality of work done by staff. Most staff were not making over $9/hour in 2018 and the average cost for full time care for a child was $300/week.

Recruiting Manager

Thanks for the review. This is upsetting to hear, we can promise you that the children and the families we serve, as well as our staff are our main priority. Learning Care Group is dedicated in our mission to care for children and families as well as creating a positive work environment for all our employees. Thanks again for the review.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

NA

Jul 11, 2022 - Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff Growth PTO Great management

Cons

Breaks are never for sure Leaving on time Vacation time

Viewing 1 - 10 of 354 Reviews

Learning Care Group Reviews FAQs

Learning Care Group has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 372 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at Learning Care Group to a friend and 45% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Learning Care Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Learning Care Group. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

49% of Learning Care Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Learning Care Group 2.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Learning Care Group to be workplace, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with Learning Care Group Job Seekers