Found 22 of over 426 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Learning Care Group? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Learning Care Group employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "I love working her the people are great" (in 16 reviews)
- "Great coworkers who really care about their work and each other." (in 11 reviews)
- "As a center director I am fortunate to have a very good staff." (in 10 reviews)
- "Working with children and weekends off" (in 8 reviews)
- "Great monthly trainings and professional development days." (in 6 reviews)
- "expected to work in Toddler rooms and afternoon shifts with same low pay" (in 35 reviews)
- "How can teachers give quality care with such poor management and pay." (in 19 reviews)
- "Pay and benefits are awful." (in 17 reviews)
- "There is no work life balance … at all" (in 11 reviews)
- "Upper management created a very micro" (in 10 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Learning Care Group and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Sep 25, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsWest Bloomfield, MI
There are lots of opportunities to grow within the company. I personally went from a floating assistant teacher through every possible role within the schools. I then moved from the field to the corporate offices. You have to be willing to dig in, pull up your boot straps, and work hard. I did this as well as furthering my education and continuing to evolve myself and refine my skill set. You have to be willing to take constructive criticisms well in order to grow. After being a supervisor in the schools for 6 years it is clear that many people do not have this ability. Childcare discounts are a plus. This helped me have the opportunity to work while providing my children with a top notch education at the same time. Education reimbursements, great training programs offered, and products to offer the children and families served.
Work/life balance is more challenging working as hourly staff or as field management than in the corporate offices. Pressure to meet metrics and numbers; labor pressure always the most stressful at the school level. Upper field management is not consistent in treatment to all employees, investing equal time into the business as the Center Directors or hourly staff. Many main office employees are far out of touch with what is really happening in the day-to-day operations of the school. Expectations are often unrealistic.4
- 2.0May 19, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
It is a paying job
There is no work life balance … at allLearning Care Group Response2y
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Thanks again for sharing your perspective.
- 4.0Jun 3, 2020ComplianceFormer Employee, more than 3 years
great work life balance with work from home program
high benefit for medical premiumsLearning Care Group Response4y
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at Learning Care Group. Thanks again for the review!
- 2.0Jan 11, 2021Preschool ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearHouston, TX
Good benefits and useful curriculum
Poor work/life balance and a ton of pressure from Corporate to drive revenue.1Learning Care Group Response3y
Thanks for the review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our benefits and useful curriculum . We’re sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the work life balance. Working in the ECE field can be challenging at times but also very rewarding work. It is important to us that our employees feel they have the support they need to be successful in their role.
- 3.0Aug 23, 2020TeacherFormer Employee
Good work life balance Most teachers help each other
Management has favorites if you are not one you will be treated poorlyLearning Care Group Response4y
We’re sorry you had a disappointing experience working with us. LCG is dedicated in our mission to care for children and families as well as creating a positive work environment for all of our employees. It can be challenging work, but we absolutely want our teachers to enjoy all the rewards early childhood education can bring. Thanks again for your feedback.
- 5.0Jul 26, 2019Marketing InternCurrent Intern, less than 1 yearNovi, MI
Since being here I have noticed that everyone genuinely wants to see you succeed. There are many opportunities to sit in on meetings, ask questions, and be involved within the company. I have only been here for 2 months and feel like I have learned so much already.
They have implemented a work from home schedule (great for work/life balance) so you may see someone less than you normally would!
- 1.0May 1, 2022Assistant DirectorFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Weekends and holidays off. Pai d holidays after full time
Upper management either does not know or do not care about what is going on from benefits to the running of center. Short staff. No balance of work and life. Low pay for the position. Need to review benefits and PTO as it is set up ever weirdLearning Care Group Response2y
Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed working with the children and families at your center. A strong network of peers, school leadership and corporate support all contribute to providing a positive environment for our school-based employees. We’re sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the level of support you received from upper management. Thank you again for sharing your perspective.
- 3.0Aug 17, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Lots of work and growth. Love my team, but could use some R&R. Childcare benefits are great and my kids love it.
Lots of work and need better work life balance. Opportunities galore, but need more staff, team and time to complete.
- 3.0Feb 23, 2022Center DirectorCurrent EmployeeOklahoma City, OK
Offers career growth opportunities for all
Little work life balance Unrealistic expectations1Learning Care Group Response2y
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!
- 5.0Dec 1, 2020InternFormer Intern, less than 1 year
Everyone was very kind and the office was well organized. Smaller company and good for work/life balance.
Little opportunity for growth in positions.