Lease Crutcher Lewis Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company!"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Lease Crutcher Lewis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Lewis was great! I learned about general contracting, people throughout the company are nice and professional and always open to new ideas.

Cons

I worked in the marketing team which I thought was small for the size of the company, so a few projects were rushed at not up to my standards as a designer, but overall the team was always willing to help and the manager was always available to listen to new ideas or personal frustrations.

Advice to Management

Invest in the team that represents the company to the world via social media, website, and branding. The marketing team is a vital part of any company and maintaining a team that is able to handle a growing company is always wise. Overall my experience at Lewis was very positive.

2. "Good co for the right positions"

I worked at Lease Crutcher Lewis full-time

Pros

Great benefits, company culture, pay and bonuses. Those that do treat people right, do it well!

Cons

They have a few people in management or supervisory jobs that do not belong there. Location in Belltown hard for commuters, but you know that going into the hiring process.

3. "Where Project Engineers go to retire"

Former Employee - Senior Project Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Project Engineer

I worked at Lease Crutcher Lewis full-time

Pros

Plenty of work and diversity to help protect itself from market downturns. Really good place to start your career. Sound business plan and continual market analysis will allow the company to continue at current levels. Mostly good people including VP and CEO and a even stronger Marketing team.

Cons

No clear path for promotion and write it off as employee aren't ready despite true abilities or previous work history. Some PEs have advanced degrees and dozens of years of experience and still get pass up for promotion.

Not a great or unique culture for a company let alone the industry as they seem to state at every employee meeting. Perhaps before they got to the current level yet certainly not now.

4. "Old School Company trying to adapt"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Lease Crutcher Lewis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The ESOP is pretty great. There are fairly regular morale events for employees when business is good. The Seattle office is sleek and new and shiny- great space to work in.

Cons

Benefits are okay, but medical is a High Deductible plan that seems to get worse every year. Dental benefits are pathetic and voluntary. No vision plan.

Management expects you to work extra hours with no comp time off and you definitely cannot complain about having to put in extra hours as they expect that from everyone.

The happiness of the client is always more valued than the welfare of the employees at times.

Advice to Management

Just because someone has been with the company for a while and really needs their job, does not necessarily mean they're going to do their best work for the company. Cut some of the dead weight and maybe morale would improve. Also, Operations Assistants are terribly underpaid and deserve a big raise. You can't live in Seattle on what they make at Lewis.

5. "Great Company"

Pros

Company culture, mentoring, multiple projects available, positive environment

Cons

Smaller company, Seattle traffic, limited opportunities for salary increase

6. "GREAT company to work for"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Corvallis, OR
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Corvallis, OR

I have been working at Lease Crutcher Lewis (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy working here. Your coworkers are more than just coworkers. They legitimately care about your personal well being.

Cons

None up to this point

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Lease Crutcher Lewis (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee owned company with a flat organizational structure and exceptional commitment to the community. Builds cool projects and offers lots of opportunity for growth.

Cons

There are no downsides that I can think of. The company and its leaders challenge people to bring their best effort, and innovative solutions, so if that's not your cup of tea, it's not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep true to the culture, continue to diversify, provide mentorship and training opportunities. Keep up the good work on the community service front.

8. "VDC Coordinator"

Former Employee - VDC Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - VDC Coordinator in Seattle, WA

Pros

Large family like atmosphere that treats employees with great respect and attention. Lewis is a fantastic company to make a career with. They're very selective towards the talent they recruit, only the best make the cut.

Cons

Promotions seem few and far between, but that's probably because the turnover is very, very low.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Project Engineer"

Current Employee - Washington in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Washington in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Lease Crutcher Lewis full-time

Pros

The work - life balance is pretty sustainable. I appreciate that they acknowledge life does not equal work.

Cons

The mentoring is NOT strong. The pace at which you learn is slower than normal. Not sure if its the Seattle industry or an internal company thing.

Advice to Management

Don't be stingy with perks for Project Engineers. I feel like I receive minimal appreciation and perks.

10. "Lease Crutcher Lewis is in a Class of its Own"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Lease Crutcher Lewis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family run atmosphere, team driven, with many options to advance and succeed. This company has earned a great reputation in the Pacific Northwest due to its employees and the hard work they put in.

Cons

Currently I cannot think of a single con, I love this company! The main office is downtown, which can be a pain for parking etc...