LeasePlan USA Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"AR Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great customer Service and management

Cons

Lack of team work among groups

Advice to Management

Hire more people oriented management

"The culture has changed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are exceptional. Ability to work from home is available

Cons

The culture has changed and is no longer a good place to work. The new management team has ruined the work culture that has been established for over 20 years. Familiar faces are leaving everyday.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the new management team all together

"Low Profile Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Over the all good business and strategy. Company has reasonable benefits and average pay

Cons

Unprofessional behavior in management, have no idea how to fix problems. Many of the workers in financing are lost in talking and not performing a good job. No knowledge with the new management and poor performance at month end closing. Promotions recently are based not on competency, but on brown-nosing.

Advice to Management

Management need to be competent of the employees work. They have no clue what the employees are dealing with. Management have to be capable of helping the regular employees when somebody leaves. Asking manager for help, and getting ignored. Company currently under transition., which means keep intelligent and professional people that really offer value to the business.
    There is a lack of professional leadership at the top and strange movements are visible every day. Jeff Schlesinger is not even close to a good CEO performance, rude , playing favoritism , has no clue of the business or how to develop. He is just hired to downsize and make it with no respect for people that created and developed this company. Very low profile and low moral person.

"I would not recommend this company to a friend"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits: Lots of random perks and benefits including: health-care benefits, 401K matching, tuition reimbursement, training opportunities, discount movie tickets, friends and family discounts to many places, the ability to take advantage of some discounts when buying certain vehicles; a company vehicle for director level and above; free food often

Learning Experience & Opportunity: There are many positions within the company that could provide an opportunity for the right person to transition into an office environment (including people with retail, customer service, fleet or mechanical experience). As an example, the mechanical department is a called center staffed in large part by actual mechanics. – Additionally, it could be an opportunity to experience a rapidly changing organization if you like that kind of thing.

Locations: The USA HQ building is in Alpharetta near Avalon and Northpoint Mall convenient to lots of restaurants and shopping. There is also an office in Rolling Meadows, Illinois.

Dress Code: Casual dress code

Cons

Locations: The commute can be stressful and long if you do not live in a location convenient to Alpharetta or need to rely on public transportation. Not familiar with the commute to the Rolling Meadows location. Note: The Rolling Meadows location was described in a previous Glassdoor review as not providing a lot of opportunity for advancement

Turnover: Employees leaving and being let go regularly; recent outsourcing of 10+ technology roles; when employees are replaced (which is not always) they are being replaced with less experienced and less expensive people

Environment & Management Style: Environment described using adjectives including toxic and low-morale; closed door; “Each person for themselves”

CEO’s communication style has been described as belittling and abusive; One person at director level with significant influence over many areas of the company has been repeatedly described as a “nightmare”

Other: Global company purchased by an investment group - at a town hall meeting the current CEO stated that the path is to “fix it or sell it.” - turnover of 100% of C level executives in the past 12 months (some “retired” and some found other opportunities); Other key management members on long term leave – customers are dissatisfied with the service and now working with other leasing companies which is further contributing to low morale

Advice to Management

Even when the only right thing to do for the company is to downsize, a modicum of respect can go a very long way.

As a hypothetical example; if (hypothetically) **fake ABC Company were to let go of an employee that was well liked and perceived as valuable, you might want to avoid doing something like insisting they leave their company vehicle and take an Uber home, making them pack their personal items in the parking lot for everyone to see.
    Something like that would spread quickly around a 500ish person organization staffed and speak much louder than anything anyone could say – especially if it is shortly after there is new management in place.

** This story is fictional and does not depict any actual person or event - and - this review reflects my honest opinion and experience

"Hope the new management can turn things around"

I worked at LeasePlan USA full-time

Pros

*Small company feel
    *They do have a lot of good desk level employees

Cons

Note: I have to say I actually left prior to the changes at the C-suite level occurred. If I had known these changes were coming, that may have impacted my decision. That being said, keep in mind this review encapsulates a time period prior to that change. So, here it goes.

I actually left the company due to some major concerns I had with internal controls and how that impacted the ability to do my job. Granted, I came from an environment where internal controls were extremely strict, but the problems I was uncovering on a daily basis there showed a huge lack of discipline. File rooms were left unlocked for anyone with access to the floor able to get confidential information. Despite the "clean desk" policy, I saw multitudes of confidential paperwork on desks for anyone to grab. I witnessed someone leaving a pile of checks on a desk for an employee who was on vacation.

In short, discipline was not the word of the day at this company. With that, I felt I had no other ethical choice but to leave and find employment elsewhere. I could not, in clear conscience, put my name on work when I felt that work from other departments coming through my desk for me to complete my process was sub-par. That is a professional standard that I will not sacrifice.

All that being said, it sounds like the new CEO is top-notch. I hope he can turn things around. I genuinely liked the people I worked with, and wish them well. I just didn't feel I was in a position where changes I saw that were needed would be taken seriously.

Advice to Management

Focus on internal controls. I would advise hiring a US based internal controls team do thorough internal control audits on a quarterly basis at a minimum. I'd structure this team to report to an individual outside the LeasePlan USA umbrella. Perhaps they could report to the parent company in Europe.

"Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at LeasePlan USA full-time

Pros

Jeff and Tex doing a fine job cleaning house. 3 more old Leaseplan employees to go, they think there crap dont stink and controls all the moves. They are the reason why nobody that deserves a promotion or pay increase will never receive it. The employees that dont do crap and are their favorites will get the perks.

Cons

Real hard workers, dedicated to company , go above and beyond will not be noticed unless you are one of the uppers favorite or family member.

Advice to Management

Look beyond the favoritism and start rewarding the real workers.

"Nepotism Rules the Day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Casual dress code
    If a family member or friend works here you'll do great

Cons

Promotions go to those who have a family member in a high level role. People who work hard, are qualified and have seniority and have been loyal are consistently overlooked. Training is a joke, yet you are expected to have 40 hrs of training annually. The atmosphere is one of a circus. While some are working hard, others are throwing Nerf balls across the room and making so much noise it's impossible to concentrate. Some people work so hard they rarely leave their desks, while others talk and play all day. This was once a Best Place to Work Atlanta Journal. It is now a sinking ship. I can't believe it's the same place

Advice to Management

They wouldn't listen anyway. If you issue a complaint, they push the blame on your direct manager. And she was not the problem, not even close

"Bad Experience"

I worked at LeasePlan USA full-time

Pros

None after 2015 ownership changed hands and so did the culture

Cons

The work culture diversity does not exist and lies lies lies you move up when you brown nose or kiss major rear-ends. If you are not into the former Nepotism is can be your option

Advice to Management

The worker bees are people with families and real life situations

"I would not recommend this place to anyone"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people that seem to be trying work there.

Cons

This company is lost in the forest. They have no idea how to fix problems, but spend all their time putting out fires. Their commercial software is amazingly outdated and out of support. The home produced software is just patches that are applied every day. It consumes all of their time so no real improvement is ever made; they just constantly put out fires and the result is often breaking something else. Promotions are not based on competence but gladhanding.

Advice to Management

Quit with the daily changes in dress code. Pick one and stick with it. Get management on the floor. They have no clue what the employees are dealing with. Lose the 4 Lenses and 7 Habits crap. That's what it is. Good luck. You'll need all you can get.

"Constant stress"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The workout room is a pro, and the massage chairs are a bonus as well. Helps give you an excuse to get away from your desk

Cons

The promise that things will get better.
    Giving more and more clients to account managers and account coordinators when they are already swamped.
    Asking your manager for help, and getting ignored.
    The bathrooms are pretty disgusting too!

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to the mess you are creating!