LeasePlan USA Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Operations"

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

Pros

The leadership team is working to position Leaseplan for success and actively looking at where the company needs to be in 3-5 years. Employees are being encouraged to think outside the box and find new ways of partnering with clients. This involves looking at old ways of doing things and making them better or different.

Cons

There are some really great employees at Leaseplan but unfortunately change creates fear and people who are comfortable with status quo dont always like to get out of their old ways of thinking. The industry as a whole is changing and for those that arent open minded could be impacted.

Advice to Management

Keep moving the company forward and hold your teams accountable - otherwise you will become obsolete

"The Future is bright with the New Leadership Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Change is hard and many people are having an issue as we move to a better, more efficient company. The new leadership team, led by Jeff, cleaned up a lot of stuff and are focused on the future. I have been in many meetings with Jeff and he is fair and focused on what is best for the customer and Leaseplan. Decisions are made to benefit both customer and the company and I am glad I stayed to see the fruits of all of our efforts. We are focused on the future, changing the business to the next mobility solution and allowing people who work hard to shine. Everyone is listened to and rewarded when the performance is there. Work hard and you will love the new Leaseplan.

Cons

Many hanging on to the old ways, it didn't work. Now trying to work cross-functionally in an efficient manner and dealing with naysayers. The positive people need to speak up.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. There are tons of people really excited about the new Leaseplan. We are the wave of the future.

Jul 10, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for your feedback. It is an exciting time to be at LeasePlan!

"Our efforts are paying off!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

LeasePlan USA has gone through a tone of change over the last 18 months. Not only did change happen at the corporate level but a ton of change has taken place here in the US. A new leadership team is finally in place and we are starting to feel the positive impact of the changes that that were implemented.

Cons

Change isn't for everyone so the last year and a half has been very hard on some people. We are updating many of our core systems so processes are being looked at to ensure optimal performance. While change has made many uncomfortable, we can't keep doing things the way we have done them in the past. If we do, we will lose our competitive advantage.

Advice to Management

Keep driving us forward, just remember that bedside manner is a key component to leadership as well.

"Change creates opportunity"

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity - there’s are tons of positions and leadership roles open for the taking!

Flexibility - most managers allow employees lots of flexibility in their work schedule to help maintain a great level of work life balance

People - the vast majority of employees honestly care about one another, care about our clients, and care about the work they do. They know the only way to succeed is if we all work together. There’s a great close knit feel; people know one another and even get together to hang out outside of work. Really good people to work with!

Benefits - LeasePlan has a great benefit package! Much better than other companies. They offer an employee lease program, tuition reimbursement, very affordable healthcare, and has lots of committees to join that allow you to give back to the community or network with other employees who have similar passions as yourself.

Cons

Lots of change and some uncertainty about the future which can be uncomfortable and even scary to some long term employees. Digitization will most likely result in reduced headcount in the future but the company has been very transparent about this and treats employees who move on with dignity and respect and helps prepare for the next steps in their career; even if those next steps are outside the LeasePlan walls. Great employees would be wise to take their development very seriously over the upcoming months to ensure they have the skills necessary to succeed in the future.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well and compensate them based on market value and performance and continue to be open and honest about changes. We’re all in this together!

"CEO is a Tyrant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some very good people at various levels of management. Regretfully, they are either not allowed to do their job or are afraid to do their job effectively due to repercussions.

Cons

The CEO welcomes opinions as long as they support his opinions or flatter his ego. A prudent course of action is often ignored if someone, especially a woman, tells him a flattering comment to persuade him to their side of the argument. Impossible to conduct an efficient and profitable business when you spend a majority of your time fixing problems because major business decisions did not incorporate multiple departments so as to effectively analyze the impact on the business prior to the decision being made.

Advice to Management

Remove the CEO immediately. He is a cancer that cares for no one other than himself! Good people are leaving or are getting ready to leave each day. And the people left are in a duck and cover mindset.

Jul 10, 2018 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this is your opinion of our CEO. LeasePlan has worked hard to create a culture where team members feel valued and... More

"Great innovative company"

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time

Pros

People, innovation, passion and leadership and vision

Cons

None at this point and time.

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of the passionate people that you have. Push the limits with innovation and vision. Work hard and play hard.

Jul 10, 2018 – HR Director

We appreciate your feedback. The future is bright at LeasePlan!

"Beware positive reviews"

Former Employee - Client Consultant in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Client Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. A great company has been destroyed.

Cons

Poor work environment, egomaniac incompetent dishonest USA leader

Advice to Management

I do not think improvement is possible. Jeff is toxic. Also; having HR or upper management write positive reviews is completely transparent. (dishonest and desperate as well.) Trust the people that actually do the work - no one is happy. NO ONE. Employees or clients. Please be serious and just look at what's happened. No way to dismiss facts.

"Account manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at LeasePlan USA full-time

Pros

No pros working at this place

Cons

Why do you reward an old safety drinking employee thats in the old click. She's not what you hear. She wastes hours every day socializing and her manager doesn't even care what her employees do

Advice to Management

Wake up

"IT Department Employee"

I worked at LeasePlan USA full-time

Pros

• The IT Department management is probably the best that I have ever worked with. I finally had an opportunity to work for a senior manager that was honest, color & sex blind and demonstrated compassion for employees.

• The HR Department's charter is to protect the interest of the company, but they also made a noticeable effort to be fair to employees.

Cons

• IT Operations' employees lost our jobs due to outsourcing to India.
    • The CEO doesn't seem to care about LeasePlan employees. He doesn't appreciate the accomplishments and sacrifices that LeasePlan USA employees have made. The moral is at an all-time low.

Advice to Management

I have no advice because it is apparent that Jeff S. the CIO is on a seek and destroy mission and nothing will stop him. It appears that he operating with the full approval of his Boss.

"Destroyed a Great Culture"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

LeasePlan had a family feel. People cared about each other, and the customer. Work was fun, but a lot was expected of people. We had targets and when we hit them, everybody shared in them. Even mailroom employees.

Cons

New CEO wrecked the culture. Nobody there knows anything about the leasing business. People are leaving every week. It is a toxic environment, where everyone is looking.

Advice to Management

Get out of your offices and talk to people. Ask what employees need to do their jobs. Or reach out to customers and see what they need. I realize we are downsizing but show some respect to people that helped build the business. This company was a number one place to work in Atlanta, and now it's not even on the list.