LeasePlan USA Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Going places"

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Attended our company town hall and am feeling good about the company I work for.
    LeasePlan has a clear vision of where the fleet leasing industry is heading and how we plan to service our customers.
    LeasePlan has a smart Power of One strategy that leverages its global footprint to compete in market place.
    I like where LeasePlan is going with creating transparency, accountability and looking into developing employees skills for the future.

Cons

All this restructuring and redesigning means change and that can be a bit unnerving for some.
    Transitioning to new systems will be a lot of work.

Advice to Management

Please continue to employees in the loop with what is going on.

2. "Constant stress"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The workout room is a pro, and the massage chairs are a bonus as well. Helps give you an excuse to get away from your desk

Cons

The promise that things will get better.
    Giving more and more clients to account managers and account coordinators when they are already swamped.
    Asking your manager for help, and getting ignored.
    The bathrooms are pretty disgusting too!

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to the mess you are creating!

"Who do you want to listen to?"

Current Employee - Client Success Team in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Success Team in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Changes are the new norm...not all change is bad though! Status quo should never be acceptable in a business like ours. I for one am excited about the changes Jeff and his leadership are putting in place. Don't listen to naysayers who complain because they don't get to play ping pong and sit on picnic tables. Honestly you should read some of the comments in our q&a boxes! What is this club med or a place of business?

Cons

Employees who think this is a social club and not a place of business. "They've taken away the fun we used to have", say some employees. Really? I like to enjoy working for an employer but it's just that, an employer! LeasePlan is a means to a paycheck, that is all it should be considered. Grow up people and act like the professionals you claim to be. Do your job, do it well, and see where we can go. You wouldn't believe it if I said it were true, but other fleet management companies run circles around some of the processes we have...and you all know what I'm talking about!

Advice to Management

Jeff and senior leaders I for one support you and your vision for LeasePlan USA. This should be a professional place of business, not a fraternity. Keep doing what you were hired to do...hopefully those that belong here will fall in step and I pray those that do not find other places to work.

"Mediocre at Best"

Current Employee - Client Services in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1. The ability to work remote when needed.
    2. Flexibility in schedules
    3. If you make tons of mistakes and have a poor work ethic, then this is the place for you!
    4. Changes continually coming, still hopeful they'll yield positive results... still waiting..... I'm optimistic, what can I say.

Cons

1. It's who you know not who gets the job done well or right.
    2. Titles are thrown around and not earned.
    3. Long tenure keeps you there, not effective, meaningful hard work.
    4. Too many secrets, not enough communication.
    5. Too much lying to CYA to both internal and external clients.

Advice to Management

Invest in those that are loyal, dedicated and care about the results of their work, not those that are making mistakes, collecting a paycheck. Let someone else pay their bills. If you want to maintain a top FMC, then ensure you're employing and keeping the top in the industry, not just filling headcount or keeping headcount cause they've been there a long time.

"Manager"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros, if you want to be used

Cons

Tex , Jeff and investors don't care about any employee or family. They are out to get richer on our expensive. We have a couple more years to be employed if we are lucky and then we starve, lose our house, vehicle, family..but as long as Jeff , Tex are living it up and happy and rich thats all that matters..promotions are a joke, if you party with the big boys, smoke with them, up their behinds and then you get a promotion. People that deserve it won't get anything but used more n more.

Advice to Management

No hope, they dont care

"New CEO lacks leadership qualities"

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The environment and co-workers. Pleasant supportive environment. Great things come from happy employees who are committed to the company and mission. This has been the situation. Moving forward, who knows.

Cons

New CEO demeans and intimidates. Not Team or Client oriented. Jeff Schlesinger will not be positive for Lease Plan. COO can be great, if allowed to be. No one is positive about CEO. Very sad, tense and unsettling time for LeasePlanners who like (liked?) to say they bleed orange.

Advice to Management

No advice. Jeff Schlesinger is simply not a good match for the position. It's palpable.
    There are many completely professional, very capable people at Lease Plan. They will be able to go elsewhere, if necessary.

"dysfunctional family"

I worked at LeasePlan USA full-time

Pros

CEO is empathetic and a great man. He needs a better extended managerial team.

Cons

Middle school environment in some areas. Incredible amount of politics involved. Account managers are way overworked and underpaid in comparison to competitors.

Advice to Management

processes and internal software is a mess--invest

"Slave Driver"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Rolling Meadows, IL
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Rolling Meadows, IL

I worked at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have new chairs to sit on.

Cons

There is NO work life balance. Go to work, come home exhausted! Do it again.

Advice to Management

Give some downtime to the people who take care of the clients vehicles. Rushing through calls is unsafe when handling vehicles. Make the client notes more clear. The instructions are extremely vague. $1500 limit but don't spend over $800 dollars makes no sense. Pay what or somewhat close to what the other FMCs pay.

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company currently under transition. Moving from a leadership team interested in transactional sales, tactical strategy and growth for growths sake to leadership interested in long term strategy, long term business development and creating true partnerships where the clients can't get away with walking over employees.

Cons

Because of the transition many people were loyal to the previous leadership. The people care more about dress code and food then going the extra mile and being professional.

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Applications Team Lead in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Applications Team Lead in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at LeasePlan USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A company where many of the employees are 10+ years. A company that likes to work hard and play just as hard.

Cons

Use to be a great place to work but with recent changes, everyone is unsure where the future will take them. A great deal of upper management have left and it leaves one wondering if they should do the same.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees!