Cover image for Leaseweb

70 Comments

Tech

455.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Leaseweb~697046
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Colleagues are nice and helpful(in 22 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Free lunches as well as many Team Building and Fun & Pride activities are arranged for the staff.(in 6 reviews)
  • "The work/life balance is good and trust me I know what a bad one looks like and this ain't it.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Great Team and made good friends.(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Culture

Oct 4, 2022 - Manager in Manassas, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Close-knit company culture, with great benefits.

Cons

Requires input and assistance from a global HQ that is in a different times zone.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Employees are valued

Apr 20, 2022 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leaseweb US values it's employees and that shows through many different avenues from the great benefits we receive to the wonderful care packages our HR Team is always sending out. Leaseweb US has been listed int he top 10 Places to Work for a few consecutive years now.

Cons

Career development and career paths are lacking, but they provide tools to guide you through the path of development. Upward mobility is lacking, but it is a smaller company and dedicated employees are considered first and foremost when positions become available

3. Join the Leaseweb team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0

a joke

Apr 15, 2022 - Data Center Engineer in Manassas, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

cool people outside of management

Cons

-No training -No accountability for managements actions -Low pay for a lot of work -Management will either laugh or not reply to concerns you may have if they don't want to deal with it -Management will speak of "an open door" policy but will use the info you give them against you -Remote employees objections and opinions are valued more and the company wonders why DCOPS doesn't want to be involved in company events -Trying to move up as a foreigner in this company likely won't happen because they'd rather tell you, you aren't good enough for the role you applied for, just so they can keep working you physically, because that is the value they see in you, nothing else -Management will talk down to you and would rather make fun of you for not knowing something, rather than train you on it -Business processes are so bad, multiple people quit after their first day -Departments lack communication with one another which leads to most employees getting away with doing nothing most of the time -Company processes take so long that customers usually end up canceling their order, so a lot of work you do is wasted time and energy, especially if they have you undo it all, which is likely -Management will try to make you feel valued, but it's just a smoke screen to make you feel like you're growing with the company, but in reality you most likely will never be promoted -Management will give you lower reviews in certain areas during your evaluation that allows them to document that you aren't ready for a raise or promotion

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Great!

Feb 18, 2022 - Support Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved my time there!

Cons

Getting more help during peak periods would be great.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Basic, no path to growth

Feb 15, 2022 - Technical Support Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Snacks in break room (when in the office), good experience gathering

Cons

Company is against remote work, want to keep an eye on you while you work, lack trust in employees, no room for growth within the company, minimal raises while the company does everything as cheap as possible. Most technical or development roles are either outsourced or based outside US. Any path toward self-growth or development is a humongous hurdle that deters you from even trying it.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Review

Nov 15, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative in Manassas, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, Management is easy to talk to, bonus structure is fair, hire from within, great benefits, awesome kitchen with snacks/lunches providers

Cons

Career opportunities are slim past entry level

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Succesful growing company with growing pains.

Nov 21, 2020 - Datacenter Operations Engineer in Manassas, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good. Team activities and dinners can be cool. You will get a lot of experience hands down. Good overall coorporate office atmosphere. Good opportunity for first timers to build experience. Excellent stepping stone and place to get your toes wet.

Cons

Compensation is ok if your coming out of college. Otherwise negociate a good deal at the beginning; you will spend years in the same place regardless of promises made. Tremendous work load and very limited apreciation. Zero work life balance. Be prepared to work. You will work.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

No growth in the company

Jul 19, 2019 - Data Center Engineer in Manassas, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company for an entry level position. Free healthcare. Pretty good work life balance.

Cons

There is no growth in the data center operations department. You are stuck at the same salary for years. It takes 6 years to become senior or upper level. Quick to let people go if they don't get their way. No promotions ever!

4 people found this review helpful

Chief Human Resources Officer

Dear team member, We’re glad to hear that you enjoy our culture, perks and benefits. We strive to offer the best. As you are aware, there have been team members from your department promoted in much less than 6 years. Some have gone on to take a Project Management role, or take on a role in the network department, or to sys admin, or even relocate to another state to manage a data center. We have a vocational program in place specifically for your department with clear goals, training and growth, that could lead to a promotion. We facilitate as much as possible the career possibilities for all of our employees. For this we offer a broad variety of trainings, but you have to pick this up yourself. We hope you are up for the challenge and motivated to develop yourself into a more senior role. Our goal is always to promote from within when possible. Leaseweb believes in regular communication between the manager and employee. If a performance issue has led to termination, the employee has always been given a fair shot to correct the problem. Many conversations have taken place, along with a professional training opportunity to improve. We are very sorry to see that you are unhappy and encourage you to stop by our office to discuss this in person. We encourage you to continue working on the training plan you and your manager have discussed. Walter van de Waterbeemd, CHRO Leaseweb

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company and Culture

Mar 28, 2019 - Systems Administrator in Manassas, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leaseweb US has opened my eyes on how a good company should be! They take care of their employees and ensure that you have everything you need to do your job. Management staff is amazing and is always there to help when needed. Leaseweb US is an amazing company and I couldn't ask for a better company to work for. They welcomed me as part of the family and even sent flowers to me after the passing of a member of my family. They offer lunch daily and have an assortment of snacks/drinks that are free to everyone. Benefits are great as they offer free healthcare, 401K, life insurance, and more. I am extremely grateful to be working at Leaseweb!

Cons

No cons, Leaseweb US is amazing!

2 people found this review helpful

Chief Human Resources Officer

Dear Colleague, Thanks for your review. Great to hear that you are grateful to work for Leaseweb. Yes we are a good company, but we want to get an even better company. Share any good idea to improve Leaseweb as the place to be. Love to have you on board of Leaseweb!! Greetings, Walter van de Waterbeemd, CHRO

11. 4.0

Pretty Solid

Oct 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits. Free food. Great people to work with all around and a generally relaxed working environment.

Cons

No paths for career growth for the support team. Most real growth opportunities would require you to move to the Netherlands. However, they started working on career paths as I was leaving. Too much reliance on the team in the Netherlands although this was slowly changing and allowing the US division to become more independent.

Chief Human Resources Officer

Dear former Colleague, Thanks for the review. At HQ in Amsterdam we have the careerpaths in place and it already resulted in career changes and promotions for a lot of colleagues. At this moment we are working on the careerpaths for the foreign entities and hope to finish them soon. But to be realistic; the smaller the entity the fewer the local possibilities for growth. Therefore we stimulate international rotation. There are a lot of colleagues who started a new role abroad within Leaseweb. Sorry you did not come to one of the other entities. I thank you for your feed back and wish you all the best and good fortune for the future. Please keep tracking our (international) vacancies. Walter van de Waterbeemd CHRO Leaseweb

Viewing 1 - 10 of 119 Reviews
</>Embed

Leaseweb Reviews FAQs

Leaseweb has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 167 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Leaseweb to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Leaseweb employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Leaseweb. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

58% of Leaseweb employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Leaseweb 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 2.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Leaseweb to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Leaseweb Job Seekers