Ledger-Enquirer Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Ledger-Enquirer Reviews

Updated 27 Aug 2018

3.7
  1. "Accounting Assistant"

I worked at Ledger-Enquirer full-time

Pros

Wonderful coworkers and amazing workplace atmosphere

Cons

There was nothing on con I can think of!!!

Advice to Management

Nibe

Ledger-Enquirer2017-05-19
  2. "Overall it was a great company to work with."

Former Employee - Inside Recruitment Sales in Columbus, GA

I worked at Ledger-Enquirer full-time for less than a year

Pros

Commission is good when you are able to make goal. Amazing coworkers.

Cons

Once you make well over goal, they jack your goals up so high that you can no longer make it.

Ledger-Enquirer2018-08-27
  3. "Human Resources Manager"

I worked at Ledger-Enquirer full-time for less than a year

Pros

Dedicated staff of professional journalist and advertising executives. Many long-term employees who have fought to stay afloat in a dying industry.

Cons

Focus on new technology has caused layoffs and downsizing. Company has gone through many, many changes over the last ten years. Benefits are lacking.

Advice to Management

You have employees that work in other departments - NOT just advertising. You need to appreciate all of your employees. You have a way of making those that don't work in advertising feel like they don't matter.

Ledger-Enquirer2017-05-05
  4. "Great company that gets the job done."

I worked at Ledger-Enquirer

Pros

The people there are great. It can be a bit of a learning curve if you're walking into a sales situation for the first time but other than that it's great. As with any sales job, it has its stressing moments. But, they pay well and they lead the market in advertising, so that's always a plus.

Cons

The biggest issue may have to be the amount of work they can put on you at one time. It just gets to a point that there just aren't enough hours in the day and as they'll put it, "this isn't a normal 9-5 job"

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to properly set people on the right path. I think they do a good job already but if there were anyway to help lower the stress and increase the fun just a little bit, it may be worth some thought.

Ledger-Enquirer2015-10-07
  5. "It was a great place to work at one time...."

I worked at Ledger-Enquirer

Pros

In its hayday, anytime before 2007, the newspaper qas a respected, highly sought after employer. Everyone loved their job and it was evident daily. The paper had a great management team and excellent incintives.

Cons

In 2006 the company reorganized and sold to McClatchy. This was the beginning of the END of this great newspaper. Management changed, jobs were eliminated constantly and anything they could outsource to somewhere else they did. That is what happened to the design dept. The ads are done in I DIA now. Really really sad to have seen this ship sink!!!!

Advice to Management

Too many managers and not enough workers. Had meetings CONSTANTLY for nothing. I think at one point in 2007-08 there we so much middle management, they were managing each other!!!!

Ledger-Enquirer2014-08-15