Lee Hecht Harrison Reviews | Glassdoor

Lee Hecht Harrison President Ranjit de Sousa
Ranjit de Sousa

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Sustaining a healthy work/life balance within some areas of the organization" (in 5 reviews)

• "Difficult to build sufficient hours to earn a living without pursuing other part time work" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"LHH- good place to work"

I worked at Lee Hecht Harrison full-time

Pros

High caliber of employees, company on a growth mode.

Cons

Going through growing pains around some new service lines.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on engagement survey and supporting teams which address areas to improve.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Maitland, FL

I have been working at Lee Hecht Harrison full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is nice and helpful

Cons

Didn’t find any cons while here

3. "Amazing People!"

I worked at Lee Hecht Harrison full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company to work for... the people are amazing and services are top-notch.

Cons

Benefits not bad, but could better.

4. "A company dedicated to delivering profitability at any cost"

Former Employee - Corporate Team in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate Team in Maitland, FL

I worked at Lee Hecht Harrison full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company attracts dedicated people who truly care about the people they work with.

Cons

The expectations of profitability make change almost impossible and exhaust the good people working there.

Advice to Management

Take some of your own courses on leadership. Decide that culture is important and value your people as humans, not just a means to achieving KPIs.

5. "Outplacement company"

Former Employee - Business Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Business Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lee Hecht Harrison full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Help employees prepare for their next job after having been laid off or let go for whatever reason.

Cons

Gets monotonous! When the economy is bad, our business was good. Not always a good feeling.

"You can feel good about helping people here, only if you overcome corp obstacles"

Former Employee - Transition Specialist in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Transition Specialist in Southfield, MI

I worked at Lee Hecht Harrison (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting and motivating clients. Nice offices and office staff.

Cons

IT and company mandated tracking and CIS are junk and continually crash or lock-up. Too many part-time consultants on staff limiting hours and effectiveness of office hours.

"Poorly Planned Job Role - Way More Work than You Can Actually Get Paid For!"

Former Employee - Professional Branding Specialist
    Former Employee - Professional Branding Specialist

I worked at Lee Hecht Harrison part-time

Pros

Getting to help people facing an unplanned career transition / layoff

Cons

Completely insane expectations for service delivery, given the tight time constraints for client engagement; Poor leadership communication; Doing work without being able to bill for it . . .

LHH should seriously considering shuttering, if not comprehensively overhauling, the Professional Branding Specialist operation / program. We were expected to produce reworked candidate resumes (ranging from workers with basically minimal job experience to executive-level leaders with 30+ years of experience) within the same (30-minute to one-hour time limit). If you exceeded that time frame to produce a quality product ( and most assignments required this overage to produce a workable end product for candidates and prevent them from feeling upset / cheated), we could not bill for that time. Essentially, up to half of my working hours were comprised of time I could not bill for / get paid for, and this includes the scheduled candidate meetings (I'd be sitting around waiting for them to show up for our virtual meeting, only for them to be no-shows). If they missed the meeting, even though I blocked an hour to help them, I WOULD NOT get paid for that time.

Management either ignores emails or promises to address issues, only for you not to ever hear back. You are ghosted you once you start experiencing the endemic issues of this half-baked delivery model.

The IT systems are a complete mess and are probably ripe for hacking at any moment. We used about 5 different log-ins for at least that many systems. Also, we had to use our own computers and equipment (printers, cell phones, word processing software), despite being "employees."

Advice to Management

As an experienced, certified Resume Writer with thousands of projects under my belt, there is no way that a legitimate, good resume can be rewritten within 30 minutes. You are setting the candidates and "employees" in this role up for failure and disappointment. It seems that neither the candidates or their consultants are aware of the unrealistic time constraints the branding team must adhere to. I spent 50-75% more time than I could bill for just for the sake of helping these people / candidates authentically.

"Expect To Work For Free ~ Criminal Activity?"

Former Employee - Personal Branding Specialist in Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Personal Branding Specialist in Maitland, FL

I worked at Lee Hecht Harrison full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LHH is interested in helping their clients create a personal brand, resume and get back to work. However...

Cons

I was a work-from-home Personal Branding Specialist hired to rewrite client resumes, coach them on LinkedIn profile, and upload/download files to LHH (crazy) internal online portal. This company has a lot of problems... my experience showed them to be deceitful about the job duties - both promises to their own employees as well as to their client candidates. Clients were told their resumes would be rewritten however, given the 30 minutes we had to do the job, that's an impossibility. Myself and at least 2 of my fellow Personal Branding Specialists were finding it can easily take 4 hours to rewrite each client resume -- and this is BEFORE we actually speak to the client (which is insanity in itself). The list of wrongdoings in processes and mis-leading employer>employee communications (i.e. 'We will train you how to re-write a resume, proofread it, format it, upload it into our system, read and respond to all system and LHH emails - within 30 minutes... to be entered into your time sheet) is a lie. Even their system for asking client candidates to rate our performance is a lie... (even tho my rating was consistently within LHH expectations).

Advice to Management

Shut your Personal Branding Specialist operation down. Business practices - employee pay practices - skirt the law.

Lee Hecht Harrison Response

Dec 15, 2018 – Vice President, Marketing

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We truly care about your opinion and value the feedback we receive from employees. We at LHH continuously strive to be a great place to work while... More

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Lee Hecht Harrison full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Ability to work remotely.

Cons

Lack of communications within divisions.

"Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

I worked at Lee Hecht Harrison full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helping others identify and secure new careers is a wonderful thing!

Cons

No work/life balance whatsover...work, work...and more work.

Advice to Management

Be sure you understand all the duties and time requirements for each position and secure additional help when needed.