Lee Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

George C. Newstrom

1. "Former Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

I worked at Lee Technologies (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was competitive with the industry. They gave good incentives. Management was fair. Free lunch once a week and free breakfast once a week.

Cons

Not enough room for growth if you are not in Sales or Marketing . You stay at the same level.

2. "Critical Facilities Technician"

Current Employee - Assistant Critical Facilities Manager/Technician in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Lee Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Great prerequisite training for operations, especially SOPs, MOPs, and EOPs authoring. Lee Technologies training is the epitome of what real managed services companies should be. They offered everything from Electrical Camera Thermography, to 3rd party certifications.

Cons

Regional managers are in the dark regarding local branch operations. The company, by acquisition, was swallowed up by the 800 lb. gorilla in the electrical/data center managed services industry. This affected the "Lee Tech" quality of craftsmanship.

Advice to Management

Let the CFMs run there shops so that QA does not affect the client / mgt. rapport. Professional relationships ensure reoccurring revenue, not stringent micro managing of local personnel.

3. "Critical Facility Manager"

Former Employee - Critical Facility Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Critical Facility Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Lee Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of technicial support and training.

Cons

Were recently bought by Schneider Electric

4. "Very demanding and Taxing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Pros

Excellent resources with the people you will be working with. They have very articulate smart people working there who are always willing to help you out.

Cons

Management changes have created a shift in the primary focus of the business since being purchased by Schnider Electric. They are more focused on sales then developing relationships and helping their project managers out

5. "Lee Technologies is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Facilities Technician in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Facilities Technician in Sacramento, CA

Pros

This Company has proven to me that it appreciates its employees and always gives them the opportunity to contribute their opinion.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

6. "I enjoyed my time at Lee"

I worked at Lee Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked with great people who have remained friends after my time at the company was over.
    Real commitment to helping in the community, unlike the lip service that seems to be common in other companies.

Cons

Schneider.
    Upward mobility was difficult. This may have been exacerbated by a tendency to hire upper level employees when in-house people could have been given a chance.

Advice to Management

Don't get completely "Schneider-ized" and lose all great environment that was built during the John Lee years.

7. "Good to start. Bad in a hurry."

Former Employee - Critical Environment Technician
    Former Employee - Critical Environment Technician

I worked at Lee Technologies full-time

Pros

Benefits after Schneider buy out were quite good. Easy enough company to get on with and get your foot in the technology world.

Cons

Upper management for Lee is old, outdated, and uninvolved. Most of the good people have left (including me), with none to take their place. Result is people stretched to thinly and the consequences are shotty attention to detail and a stressful environment. Very much on its way out. I'll be shocked if Schneider gets anything going in the other direction. Also, their pay was horrendous when I worked there. Down right insulting. Not sure if this is system wide, or site specific. I made a lateral move to another company and experienced a huge bump in pay. Good riddance.

Advice to Management

Pay your people what they are worth or someone else will. Stand up for the values that made this company grow or lay down and die with the host of other companies in the tech world.