Legacy Health Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2019

Found 26 reviews

2.8
Bruce Daskal

"Upsetting. Strongly recommend look elsewhere for employment! Their only care is making MONEY"

I worked at Legacy Health Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My frustration is shared by my still employed colleagues. They fear for their jobs which increases their on the job work time and minimizes a work-home life balance. I guess that's positive for the owner, right?

Cons

They have a reputation of high turnover from caregivers to management. Your job is NOT secure here, even with high loyalty and documented positive work performance.

Advice to Management

Get over your "everyone can be replaced" mentality!

Legacy Health Services2015-04-30

"Be Cautious! Consider all your options before deciding to work for them!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parma, OH

I have been working at Legacy Health Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Owner operated. Not a big national chain which means less aggravation from Corporate Leaders but being family owned, well, lets just say there are many family members spread throughout the company.

Cons

COO - lackey for cowardly owner. COO and CEO play "favorites". COO does all the dirty work, bottom line driven and quality of care is affected. Very little corporate support. High expectations to perform high quality care on a very little budget. Staffed at bare minimum.

Advice to Management

Leadership - corporate and nursing home - needs to get on the same page. Conflicting messages for employees means lack of productivity. We can't succeed if we are told one thing one day and something different another day.

Legacy Health Services2014-04-22
  3. "Happy & Satisfied"

Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at Legacy Health Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with, good balance between family & work

Cons

no cons at work here

Legacy Health Services2013-11-25
  4. "we are focused and consistent. we value our people and are grateful for their loyalty, dedication, and competence."

I have been working at Legacy Health Services

Pros

we value our people and strive to treat everyone with respect. we give people support in their jobs while expecting excellence we are stable, focused on our mission(s), and continuously trying to improve ourselves

Cons

it's tough out in the world in general

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing

Legacy Health Services2013-08-30

"Friendly hard working employees...most people happy with their jobs."

Current Employee - Nursing

I have been working at Legacy Health Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

The owner does not like any type of abusive behavior toward his employees....he is slow to react to complaints and listens first, the COO also tends to not say anything negative about employees. Carry a soft stick...they recognize people who work hard AND are capable of doing their job! Give people a chance, but don't have time for nonsense....

Cons

Not enough people on top!!! That's a switch! Need a little more oversite, but its hard times.

Legacy Health Services2013-04-12
  6. "Great"

I have been working at Legacy Health Services full-time

Pros

- very clean facility - 8 hour shifts (over time is discouraged-- management doesn't want staff working past their shift end time) -fellow staff is friendly -majority of staff believes in team work -all of the staff really cares about the patients

Cons

-often corporate cares more about financial bottom line then quality patient care or quality of staff - part-time nurses will get floated all over facility - nurses are paid a lot less than the lowest 10% on salary.com -no tuition reimbursement -not many options for advancement -corporate is more concerned with letters after a staff member's name than the years of service or experience a staff member may have

Advice to Management

To keep quality staff and have happy patients (who will refer their friends) worry a little less about the profit and invest in your staff.

Legacy Health Services2013-01-18