Legacy Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Chaim Rajchenbach

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The greatest company I have ever worked for"

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working for Legacy for just under a year. In early December of 2017, I was diagnosed with a very rare tumor that needed to be removed and treated ASAP. I was off most of the month of December and will also be off most of January due to multiple surgeries and the recovery period. I have zero vacation days left, so I am pretty much SOL.

Without getting into too much detail, I was approached by my regional director and my administrator (I work in a facility) on one of my only days at work recently and I was brought into an empty room. They proceeded to tell me that they know this is a stressful time for me and my family and that they wanted to help make it better so I wouldn't have to worry. Not only is my job 100% secure (again, been there less than a year, they could easily let me go), but at the request of my supervisor, volunteers donated unused vacation days from 2017 and Corporate approved this measure so that during my time off in 2018 I will be compensated. A total of 60 days were donated (and donors including high level officers of the company). I do not even know the majority of the people who gave up their own time to make sure that me, a stranger to most of them, was taken care of.

This is just an example of the kind of company Legacy is. They care about the individual and you are not just an employee number on a payroll sheet. If you work hard for them and do your best you will be treated like family and they will return the effort when you need them. If you are lazy, lie, and display lacking integrity you will be shown the door quickly. I was actually worried because a lot of people were let go quickly when I first started. But I have since learned why and it's best to kick out the toxic people than let them ride the wave with you. This is a company that is a rarity these days and one I am going to be at a VERY long time.

This might all sound like some big love fest for Legacy, and in a sense it is. All jobs/companies have their ups and downs, but when a serious event comes up in your life and the company you work for has your back and makes it known that you are appreciated and valued, you know you found the right company for you. By their actions, they caused a massive financial issue for me and my family to just disappear.

Cons

They made a grown man shed some tears :)

As previously stated, all companies have their ups and downs. I can't think of anything that is noteworthy though.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Between corporate office and the two facilities I go between, I have never been more impressed and felt more comfortable with the leadership that is there.

2. "Registered Nurse"

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare part-time

Pros

Great co-workers, flexible schedule, safe and clean environment, nurse managers and administrator are supportive

Cons

Short- staffed about 25 percent of the time

Advice to Management

Better communication is needed regarding staffing. A meeting should be held to inform staff that the next monthly schedule is not properly staffed and request volunteers to work the short staffed shifts, which means staying an hour or two longer each shift.

"admin"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

I worked at Legacy Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At least free meal one day per month.

Cons

Lack of training or guidance. It is not a place you want to stay long. Bail out while you can.

Advice to Management

We can not read your mind, spoon feed us.

4. "Growing Company"

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare full-time

Pros

Fast growth track, exciting work environment, constant learning opportunities.

Cons

Exciting work environment also equals extremely challenging work environment.

Advice to Management

Overall company management is still learning.

"Administrative"

Pros

Good Compensation and nice office.

Cons

Zero job security, unethical practices, and favirotism. They let employees go without even warning or counseling them. You are on the edge about your job because you never know when you are the next to be let go.

Advice to Management

Discipline employees and provide them with feedback. Don't just fire employees out of the blue without a single warning.

"Good while it lasted"

I worked at Legacy Healthcare full-time

Pros

Got to work in a variety of skilled nursing facilities and meet a variety of people with different perspectives.

Cons

They have a reputation for letting people go, and I both witnessed it and was impacted by it.

"I NEVER want to leave!!"

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Legacy is a growing company filled with compassion, talent, and the drive to be the leaders in long-term healthcare as a means to provide the best quality care and comfort for their guests. They care so much about their employees and their career development while promoting a healthy work-life balance. I have worked in the other long-term care companies and Legacy provides a level of care and attention to detail that is completely unparalleled. Team members really come together to support each other and to provide comfort and support to nursing home guests. I love my job and I love the people I work with / for , I wake up everyday excited to go to work and welcome whatever the day might bring.

Cons

There are no cons . if you are hardworking ,compassionate, want to make a difference, and want to work with amazing people there is no better place.

"LPN"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Legacy Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast ladder upwards, you work hard and get the attention of administrator

Cons

Disorganized management-business to clinical side is a disconnect

Advice to Management

communication-use it!

"Wasted Potential"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Pros

A company that takes a chance on younger talent, and rewards employees financially. Solid Regional management team, of very sharp individuals, albeit white male dominated.

Cons

Very poor upper management. Very rash rush to judgment, and poor listening skills. Makes decisions based on impulse with little to no rationale or logic.
    Very difficult to "feel relaxed and comfortable" in their environment. Employees never feel that their work/life balance means much to the management team.
    Bottom line: I would not trust the CEO or COO with my career under any circumstances.
    This management style hobbles the otherwise very capable regional directors and saddles them with a bad strategic direction and micromanagement.

Advice to Management

Let go, and let your managers do their job.

"medicare beware"

Former Employee - MDS/Pps Coordinator in Crestwood, Cook, IL
    Former Employee - MDS/Pps Coordinator in Crestwood, Cook, IL

I worked at Legacy Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

good salary base to start

Cons

they love to fire people