Legacy Healthcare Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Therapist owned and operated--makes a difference. No Business/Office managers trying to dictate how to treat patients. Refreshing in a field changing with insurance reimbursement and greed being a big motivator for other companies. Flexible schedules. Managers are therapists so they understand the obstacles in the clinics and work to help staff with overcoming those.

Cons

Would like to see a more flexible vacation policy.

Apr 10, 2018 – VP Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your thoughts. We appreciate our therapist and all they do.

2. "PT"

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, great benefits, good policies

Cons

Not much room for growth, clinically

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees for special programming and career development.

Jun 5, 2018 – VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts. We appreciate you being part of the team. I will take you advice seriously and see how we can improve in that area.
    Thanks

"Current employee"

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

The company has a good patient ratio and nice facilities. I love my coworkers and staff. Very flexible hours.

Cons

Company had a very frugal “bottom line” which means we often don’t have the equipment or supplies that we need.

Advice to Management

Improve communication and better supply clinics to improve smoothness of daily running. Also notice and appreciate the efforts of staff even with verbal affirmations would be a plus.

Apr 10, 2018 – VP Human Resources

Thanks for taking your time to let us hear your thoughts. Scheduling of clinics is complicated due to many variables. I will make sure leadership is aware of your concerns. Ask your TSC/RD about... More

4. "Therapist"

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare Services part-time

Pros

it has great coworkers, fun environment

Cons

just hope for more hours to be full time with company

Apr 10, 2018 – VP Human Resources

Thank you for your time to post your thoughts. Ask your TSC/RD to advise you how you can help screen residents and other case load development activities that may lead to more hours needed.
    Thanks

"Legacy is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong support from managers and mentoring program by other therapists. Continuing education provided by the employer. I love that I can be creative with my patient treatments. I work with an amazing team of therapists who I can brainstorm with to create new and unique treatment ideas. My suggestions to management about improvements have been well received and I feel like I am part of a great team.

Cons

I really don't have any, I enjoy my job.

Advice to Management

I always appreciate Legacy's open door policy and feel that I can speak with managers about any issue that I have.

Apr 10, 2018 – VP Human Resources

It is always great to hear from employees. Thanks for your time to post. I appreciate all your efforts to bring therapy to our communities and patients.

"Greedy company does not value employees"

I worked at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

Not able to think of any.

Cons

Workers are treated like slaves and constantly (daily) put in the position of working for free (off the clock) which is illegal on Legacy's part or committing fraud to make their unrealistic productivity expectations. All the company cares about is money they keep rehab residents longer than needed to milk the system same with screening and adding Med B's to build caseload. Meager raises if any and you have to beg to get your annual review. They bring in PRN help to avoid any overtime for FT employees They keep your hours under 40 more like 36 or 37 and hire PRN.

Advice to Management

Stop being so greedy. There is no training for new hires even on the computer system and your productivity expectations do not leave time for therapists to share ideas, knowledge, teach, or mentor each other. If a family member catches you without the pt. present you are given the choice of being rude and not conversing with them regarding their loved one or giving your time for free these conversations can run for 30 min and usually longer. Value your employees.

Mar 20, 2018 – VP Human Resources

Legacy is proud of our robust orientation process and ongoing clinical training through our Area Clinical Training Specialists. Legacy is also proud to be a National Occupational Therapy Association... More

"Employees not valued. Morale diminishing"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clinical training/support, residents are a joy to work with, get to be creative with treatments, flexible schedule, comprehensive benefits, decent pay

Cons

Upper management is not organized and don’t send clear directives. They seem more reactionary vs. proactive which leads to the field feeling like they are disposable at any time and are just a number. Harp on productivity yet don’t give any solutions. Add more to our plates without taking anything off. They say they don’t want people working off the clock yet so many do because it is the only way to meet their standards. Management doesn’t know how to motivate or engage their therapists. Because of that, staff are getting burned out.

Advice to Management

Focus on leadership from the top down. Treat your staff as valued members of your organization rather than just money makers.

"Unethical, unrealistic, no respect for employees, part of the Rehab problem"

Former Employee - Staff Occupational Therapist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Staff Occupational Therapist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Legacy Healthcare Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

this company seems good at first since it is Geriatrics medicare part B. They claim good ethics and to do what is "appropriate:" but this is not the case. Pay is below average but not awful. Some managers are good depending on the building.

Cons

This company's first problem is they market positions as part time or full time but rarely have the caseload to support it. Despite complaining about this and trying to make them understand that this messes with people's ability to pay their bills they turn the blame around on the employee about building caseload but do not provide any tools to do this. Some of the buildings legacy is in are basically SNF with 24 hour care and people are paying for their care, SO from a rehab perspective you cannot improve their level of independence necessarily. Also many low level patients need nursing and therefore Legacy is often losing patients to home health companies which decreases caseload. This company is ALL about productivity and will try to push you out and write you up for random things when they aren't happy with your productivity, but again do not provide the tools to obtain it. Many buildings don't get wifi in areas, and the iPads they expect you to use are slow and have very tiny keyboards that makes evals and notes take 2x as along. Many of the computers freeze and have technical issues. Management has no consideration for the issues preventing higher productivity including large buildings walking across the street for patients, cancellations, people at lunch etc. Legacy wants patients on therapy for at least 12 weeks and in my opinion abuses patients Medicare benefits by keeping them on caseload when they are not making progress and will not make further progress, but obviously are frustrated and push back when you as a licensed clinician want to discharge the patient. Communication between managers and buildings is poor, and in order to get your " hours" they expect you to go to MANY buildings but do not assist you in finding your hours. Vacation policy is poor, much inconsistency between buildings, I did not utilize their benefits.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, pay attention to the very high turnover rate, CARE that people can't pay their bills due to the setup of this company. Stop expecting unethical behavior from therapists. Train managers for consistency between buildings, encourage communication between managers. When you don't treat employees with respect they won't treat you with respect back. It is clear that the CEO and management is not aware of issues or does not care. This company is solely about the dollar.

Mar 20, 2018 – VP Human Resources

Legacy’s orientation and ongoing clinic specific training provides education and teaching on the scope of practice for the geriatric population. Treating this population is a specialty and requires... More

9. "Difficult for the employee"

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare Services part-time

Pros

Good communities available to work with

Cons

Difficult management teams with little priority to the employee and significant priority to the bottom line.

Advice to Management

Good for PRN wirk

Feb 8, 2018 – VP Human Resources

I am available to discuss your concerns around your Management team. The open door policy is available to you and you may reach me directly at the corporate office for any discussion. Thanks
    Jeff... More

"All the multisite manager talks about is productivity"

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

residents are friendly and like second family

Cons

No guidance from top management. All they do is harp about productivity every phone call, text and email. Pushing for productivity and making us do more clerical work. no staff appreciation. not even 1 card was given to rehab department for holidays!!! forget about chocolates etc to show staff appreciation. queries/ questions etc sent to upper management but no reply given.
    no annual review done either!!!!
    no mentoring or training

Advice to Management

appreciate your staff. lower productivity standards. stop ill treating your rehab directors.

Feb 19, 2018 – VP Human Resources

Legacy values staff and is very focused on employee engagement. Productivity is part of the role and since it appears you are a RD it falls heavily on your shoulders. There is case load development... More