Legacy Healthcare Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sandra Hoskins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Occupational Therapist"

I worked at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

Competitive pay and 100% 401 K match

Cons

Only allows 40 hrs of PTO carryover

2. "UPPER MANAGEMENT IS A NIGHTMARE"

I worked at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had great coworkers, benefits are decent, generous PTO/year, Casamba documentation system is user friendly, reasonable productivity rate of 80%, caseload

Cons

Management, unethical, more focused on $$$$ and numbers than providing quality care to patients, bullying from upper management

Advice to Management

Focus on ethical and decent treatment of your employees. Stop sweeping major issues under the rug just to save face. Do not reprimand employees in front of other employees and patients. Encourage rehab directors to not yell at, curse at, and threaten employees. Prevent hostile work environments and bullying from management.

3. "COTA"

Current Employee - COTA/L in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - COTA/L in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast Pace always get hours

Cons

Management distant and not responsive to employees

4. "Love my job"

Current Employee - PTA in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - PTA in Cary, NC

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive , flexible, growth opportunities; area manager helpful, responsive, consistent ; great team

Cons

benefits could be better

Advice to Management

Improve benefits

Oct 2, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Legacy. Our therapist are the company! We appreciate you.

"Sales (not therapy) Job at the lowest salary they can talk you into"

Current Employee - Rehab Director in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Rehab Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare Services part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Immediate team that you work with daily in the clinic are generally really good, hard working people, but this varies clinic to clinic depending on who is running things.

Cons

Legacy will try to pay you as little as possible no matter how long you have been there and historically, have even given across the board pay cuts to all that further set you back financially so it seems like you are going to continually make what you have always made salary-wise. They will also try to hire less experienced people, such as new grads, or less confident people, or as many assistants as possible to get the lowest rates taking advantage of naivete or your kindness since all you really want to do is help people. You will also find often that your male counterparts are making more than you. They also gain much of their business not from genuine referrals, but from YOU having to FIND people. Legacy has moved into the realm of if there are "x" amount of people in a building, then there must be "y" amount of people on caseload, which feels crummy when you are actually a treating therapist. There "area rehab managers" will also promise full and part time caseloads, when in fact, those caseloads are only there if someone is constantly selling and marketing to the point of mental and physical exhaustion and even that often is not enough. The have also recently increased their productivity requirements that are extremely unrealistic in the independent living facility environments, but also very stressful and emotionally taxing in the assisted living environments as well. One of the weakness of them being "therapy owned and operated" is that as their management teams build in the levels above the clinics, but below the higher ups in corporate, there becomes more and more issues as these people really have no preparation for this level of management and are more often then not, very short sighted. They manage by intimidation and fear-mongering, leaving you in uncomfortable situations daily about why the caseload isn't building, why you are discharging someone, why you aren't getting to "referrals" (that you generated) within 48 hours, why you weren't productive enough (even though you are dealing with really complicated situations often), etc... heavy sigh. I could go on and on...

Advice to Management

Please realize that often, the layers of "multi site" and "area" management are actually tyrants who pretend to be supportive, but in reality are just using the layers of management to create tiny dictatorships that eventually all lead to the same road of creating employees who are placed in uncomfortable situations daily, feeling fear and anxiety because this level of management is unrealistic in their expectations and are letting their egos drive them to keep cracking whips until people quietly leave the company somewhat traumatized by the whole thing (or stay because of fear of the devil that could be at the next job and end up turning to medications to help them get by). There must be a better way. There was a better way, but somehow with the exponential growth, Legacy has become lost.

Sep 26, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Legacy strives to create and maintain a positive and encouraging employment experience. Along with our Open Door Policy, we have an anonymous hotline for reporting concerns. We encourage employees... More

6. "Great company"

I worked at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

Very good at accommodating and pushing their employees to succeed

Cons

I have nothing bad to say

"FT OT at Legacy"

Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Occupational Therapist in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful rehab facilities. Experienced, generous rehab co-workers.

Cons

Clinicians expected to perform numerous administrative duties. No reimbursement for CEUs.

Advice to Management

Invest in your therapy staff and they will invest in you.

Jul 10, 2017 – VP Human Resources

Would be happy to discuss your concerns around administrative duties. I would like to learn more as outside of documentation not sure what you are referring to. As for CEU's we provide the new... More

8. "Medical Biller"

I worked at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The entire staff is amazing. Every one there was like it to me. CEO was personable and made me feel like family

Cons

None at this time. I really enjoyed working with them.

9. "Occupational Therapist"

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare Services full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule; great colleagues

Cons

Pay appears below market standard

"Love the patients frustrated with productivity"

I have been working at Legacy Healthcare Services part-time

Pros

Wonderful to work with geriatric population in assisted living facilities. Some flexibility which allows for a good work/home balance.

Cons

Area Rehab Mgr is unsupportive and productivity is over-stressed in an environment where hours can't be guaranteed and scheduling has become an afterthought. Employees are not receiving pay increases when performance appraisals show exemplary work which merits promotion or pay increase.

Advice to Management

It's ok to not guarantee hours or to expect to go to more than one site a week. However, it is important as a manager to understand that you need to give a schedule within a reasonable amount of time to allow that employee the opportunity to work elsewhere when you can't offer hours. A reasonable amount of time is getting a schedule to employees sooner than the day before. When productivity is so overly stressed and tracked by area rehab mgr it takes away from a wonderfully built model with good holistic clinical values and creates a stressful work environment.

Dec 19, 2016 – General Counsel

Legacy strives to create a positive and encouraging work environment for all employees. We will advise area management of the importance of providing a schedule to PTOE and PRN employees as early as... More