Legacy Marketing of Boston Reviews | Glassdoor

Collin Ausfeld

1. "Amazing opportunity!"

Former Employee - Leader in Allston, MA
    Former Employee - Leader in Allston, MA

I worked at Legacy Marketing of Boston full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office culture is great, with tons of chances to grown personally and professionally. Its not about being the right person, because anyone can step up and become the right person. It is all about being the right time for you. I would have loved to stay longer but it wasn't my right time. It is a great office if you enjoy travel and are a people person!

Cons

You have to be willing and able to give 100%, without question it means that you need to be strong worker. But it is possible for anyone to do!

Advice to Management

More opportunities to travel! The best part of this job was all the work trips we got to take!

2. "Awful"

I worked at Legacy Marketing of Boston full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really nothing went well there

Cons

Pyramid Scheme and basically fraud

Advice to Management

Stop conning people

3. "Worst place to work"

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

This is a pyramid scheme.

"Poor judgement"

I worked at Legacy Marketing of Boston full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive atmosphere that is nice, although it is clearly a cover up to retain employees.

Cons

Unethical business practices- i.e., misleading ads on craigslist, lying to employees ext.

Advice to Management

Go into politics if you don't mind lying to people everyday

6. "Great atmosphere. Very team oriented and driven to hitting goals."

Pros

Great team environment! The company is driven on hitting client goals and providing opportunities to it's employees to advance! Strong organizational structure as well.

Cons

No Negatives. Everything about the position is clear cut and straight forward.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, can not wait to see what the company can accomplish in the next year!

"Stay away, you've been warned. Do your research. All negative reviews are true, positive ones are because of incentives."

I worked at Legacy Marketing of Boston full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Teaches you marketing techniques. Teaches you some management techniques. Make good friends that share your frustrations with a clear pyramid schemed company(which is the first thing they tell you they're not when you're on your interview.)

Cons

If you have a vehicle, be ready to drive an average of 70 miles a day with no reimbursement. Not using your vehicle is "not an option.". You HAVE to drive co-workers to their destination which is most of the time 10-40 minutes out of the way, in a car full of people. Trying to get gas and toll money from your co-workers is like pulling teeth. Sometimes you have to travel from Boston to Springfield or Providence, RI or even as far as Maine with no reimbursement. All "business trips" are on your dime also with the exception of the hotel which you have to share a bed with someone in 1-2 star, 50$ motels. All of these reviews that say people go to New York or Chicago or Florida are done on the dime of the employees No one pays for gas and tolls, it all comes out of your pocket. Sometimes employees on business trips have to sleep at other peoples house(people they don't know, but the owner knows) because things are so unorganized. This is not a 9-5. It is a 7-7 and once you receive the CORPORATE TRAINER TITLE, you just get more responsibility, you have to stay even later, no pay raise. It is 100% commission-based which is not a problem until you hit your requirement everyday which should land you between 130-170$, but your full weeks check doesn't come close to that amount. The companies they market for ARE top notch but their requirements for YOU, THE EMPLOYEE to get paid are ridiculous. Imagine working 50hrs a week, hitting your requirements and more and getting 1/2 of your guaranteed income. You don't get paid until a WHOLE MONTH after you start but you're expected to dress up in a professional manner and work 12hrs a day. Your checks are always from 1 month's prior performance. You have to remind your boss about giving you YOUR bonus or you will never see it. This company is all about getting Collin Ausfield(owner) money. He has a bad temper, swears a lot if things don't go his way. This is one of the worst companies I have worked for. Everything I have stated above is 100% true. Stay away from this company. Let me do the math for you before I end this off. You're promised at least 450$/week if you hit your requirement which is not true but lets say it is. You work a minimum of 11hrs a day. 55hrs a week(7AM to 6PM or later). 450$/55=$8.18/hr and remember, many people in the office at the time I worked were working those hours and getting 200$ checks for the week, even after leading the office in sales. Then factor in gas(if you give any), transportation, food, business attire. You're better off working at McDonalds. Please, for your own good just stay away, 90% of people that join up end up leaving, even the "top performers in the country." Last thing because this is getting kind of long. This company has a wheel in their office thats similar to the "Wheel of Fortune." If you write a positive 5 STAR review for them on any reputable website such as this one, you're allowed to spin the wheel and win a prize. Its pitiful. That's how badly run this company is. They have to bribe you for positive reviews. Hopefully one day the BBB shows up on their front door and shuts them down. They probably already changed their company name AGAIN... P.S. A lot of these reviews are true, this place is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Read the cons. Its not me being a jerk, its my experience along with many many many other peoples experience.

8. "A Great Place to Work"

Pros

The corporate structure is amazing it is based off of your performance and how hard you work. You don' t have to wait for someone to be promoted to get your shot for a promotion. The corporate structure is also clear you know what needs to be done in order to move up. The potential to grow within the organization is there.
    Since working with Legacy Marketing of Boston I have had the opportunity to travel to Philadelphia, New York City, Nashville, and Puerto Rico.

Cons

Like any entry level job you have to put in the work but the pay off is great.

9. "Great Place to work with Great People"

Pros

I have worked with Legacy for years. Their management team is awesome and they have a great atmosphere. They provide a lot of opportunity

Cons

Don't really have any cons

10. "Amazing place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Allston, MA
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Allston, MA

I have been working at Legacy Marketing of Boston full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for. You are given all the tools you need to be successful and grow. Everyone that I work with especially the manager are there to help in any way possible. You are able to learn so much in a short amount of time.

Cons

The only thing I would change is that we need more snacks in the break room!

"Extremely misleading, college grads stay away!!!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Allston, MA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Allston, MA

I worked at Legacy Marketing of Boston full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you can manage to stay and work here off full commission it will look good on your resume. Assuming future employers never bother to look at reviews for legacy marketing of Boston. The one useful thing one can learn from Legacy is how to successfully lie and manipulate people. They seem to know a lot about that.

Cons

The hiring manager claims he wants to see everyone "succeed" and be promoted to an ownership position where someone could run their own independent franchise.

Although Legacy refuses to provide any gas/tolls reimbursement, receiving a training bonus is like pulling teeth, and any sales you do manage to close be ready to have all your paperwork and a lawyer ready to even get paid on them.

What kind of business owner doesnt expense their employees gas or tolls? Legacy will recruit anyone to do sales for them since it's basically risk free for them to hire candidates. If you do actually decide to work here expect to see a high turnover rate.

I was given an empty promise on my final interview that the company had the finest training program, only to find out I was dropped off in a sales territory with no idea what I was doing and a broken tablet.

This company uses people. If you look at the company pictures on their social media or op facebook will notice only the the refeptionist and the owner are the only ones still in the office.

Advice to Management

If you have to make fake reviews about the company then it's time to change something. Revise the culture and think of new incentives that actually allow people to work with legacy without going broke. It's unethical.