LegalForce RAPC Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Raj V. Abhyanker

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Self respecting people don't work there. Nagpur office."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nagpur, Maharashtra (India)

I worked at LegalForce RAPC Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Probably only good thing is leave structure and recently approved medical benefits.

Cons

Much lesser salary.
    Demotivating the employees all the time.
    Not giving appraisals in the name of less profit of firm they always say the same.
    Some people getting salary without even working at all.
    Always threaten there employees to leave their job.

Advice to Management

Manager needs to focus on productivity.
    Respect your employees.

2. "nice experience"

Pros

Flexibility of timing
    Good holiday structure
    Can learn a lot
    Helpful and supportive management

Cons

pay sacle is too low

"To : The Senior Legal Assistant Who Worked Closely with Management..."

Pros

I'm concerned that a LEGAL ASSISTANT, senior or otherwise, would know AND discuss the estimated salaries of his/her superiors, i.e. attorneys, in their review on this site, by indicating how much they aren't making. Additionally, learning about trademarks in "a short time" tells me that a company is overworking their employees, so this is why you are "learning so much so quickly", which from a HR standpoint results in high turnover. Not to discredit anyone's learning capabilities at all; I worked with some very bright amazing people. However, "allegedly" there was one employee who embellished their credentials in education, and later it was learned that it was false. Once again, another one bites the dust; but this was after several years of already working at the firm, and would explained quite a bit when you would ask this employee questions...

Cons

I concur with the other reviews about the con's.

Advice to Management

I concur with the other reviews, AND to get rid if their HR consultant, who has her head elsewhere.

"Don't Do It, Reconsider (This Place Needs Help)"

Former Employee - Attorney in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LegalForce RAPC Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You learn about intellectual property law, especially trademarks.

Cons

Management was horrible and HR was never any help. There was never any transparency as to policy changes and there were sketchy practices that made us all have ethical concerns. The turnover rate was extremely high and for good reason. In additional, the CEO prided himself in underpaying all of his employees way below market rate, esp the attorneys. The salary was not enough to cover the high cost of living in Silicon Valley. Also, the firm has a bad reputation, especially in the IP realm so that can taint your resume and be hard to overcome.

Advice to Management

Consider your over workered and underpaid employees and fix your sketchy practices.

"5 star reviews are all fake"

I worked at LegalForce RAPC Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The coworkers are good. You build relationships fast through shared suffering. Its very much a foxhole mentality.

Cons

If you're an attorney you put your license to practice law at risk working here. Ever wondered what its like to call the California bar ethics hotline? Take a job here and find out! I google the company periodically just to see if Raj has been disbarred or prosecuted.

Advice to Management

quit

"Stop posting fake reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LegalForce RAPC Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers. I got to work with some very highly qualified people from great schools.

Cons

All negative reviews of this company and Raj Abhyanker are true. Just look at how many people flagged bad reviews as helpful instead of the positive ones. He has no clue what he is doing. Hiring lots of engineers for his robotics startup(Fatdoor), then fire them next month after his kickstarter campaign failed. Stop exploiting fresh-grads. Avoid this company at all cost. Read the glassdoor reviews you will find out what a person Raj Abhyanker is.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews on Glassdoor. Treat employees with respect.

"Attorney"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at LegalForce RAPC Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Opportunity to interact with Clients from Day 1.
    - Chance to telecommute as an incentive if I'm meeting my hours
    - Opportunity to build a book of business from Legalforce's over 50,000 existing clients
    - Business minded "tech" culture is very vibrant, and focues on finding new solutions to problems, versus the "traditional" law firm.

Cons

- High Client Volume makes it challenging to spend a lot of time with each client.
    - Legal work is relatively unchallenging at the start
    - "Tech" culture may means rapid change. May not be a perfect fit for some attorneys.

Advice to Management

Make changes a bit more gradually, as the rapid adoption of new policies can be jarring for some.

"Senior Legal Assistant - Worked closely with Management"

Former Employee - Senior Legal Assistant in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Legal Assistant in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LegalForce RAPC Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LegalForce RAPC allows you to grow if you are willing to put the work in. All my coworkers were extremely supportive and helped me along the way. The same can be said about my interaction with management. I came in as an executive assistant, and because of all the resources and camaraderie among the employees, I was able to learn and attain higher positions at the firm.

Attorneys- Realize that this is an opportunity to LEARN. This is not the glamorous 160k 1st year associate position you hoped to get straight out of law school. LegalForce will provide you with an opportunity to learn a ton about intellectual property in a very short time. If you use this as an opportunity to grow and take on new and challenging work, you will be able to leverage this experience to find a different position. Attorneys (with diverse backgrounds and from various law schools) have gone on to very good positions within other companies, firms, or the government. If you are more business minded and want to help grow the firm, the there will also be ample opportunity to take this law firm to the next level.

Assistants - Similar parallels can be drawn. LegalForce entry level assistant pay is competitive with many other law firms in the bay area and will provide you with many opportunities. Many of the former assistants went to work for large law firms in the bay area, while some are in law school. If you want to help the build the firm, there will be opportunities for you to work in a management paralegal position for the firm or possibly transfer over to helping build up legalforce.com.

I firmly believe that those that did not succeed, simply did not put the time in. All in all, I loved my time here and would happily go back if it aligned with my future goals.

Cons

Stake holding parties have at times not been consulted and decisions that affect their performance were made for them. The firm is still growing, so it is fast moving and things are changing often. However, sometimes it also seems disorganized, which can be a bit much at times.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent and make sure that potential employees clearly understand what they are signing up for and the value they are receiving there. Make sure you are communicating with all levels of your team so they understand how big changes will affect them instead of letting them speculate. Lastly, I think it is beneficial to invest in the company culture even if a clear ROI is not present.

9. "dddd"

Former Employee - Finance in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Finance in New York, NY

I worked at LegalForce RAPC Worldwide (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to work and sustain

Cons

Nothing as far as I worked there

Advice to Management

Can give better hike for the old employees

"Legal Assistant"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Mountain View, CA

I worked at LegalForce RAPC Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Due to the volume of trademark applications, you will learn very fast.

Cons

This place is one of the worst places I've ever worked. Cycled through employees every other month. Business practices are dodgy. No benefits, minimum wage, and it was not unusual for paycheck to be late.

The positive reviews are fake. Avoid at all costs.

Advice to Management

Retire