LegalShield Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Jeff Bell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The ability to work from home and be with your kids, your family, travel and go where you want because you can work where you want is unbelievable (in 6 reviews)

• LegalShield provides a great opportunity to build your own business with residual income (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of Communication - lacks the ability to lead by example or to communicate effectively with anyone outside of the Executive offices (in 3 reviews)

• T MAKE MONEY SELLING LEGALSHIELD (in 3 reviews)

1. "Best Entrepreneurial Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at LegalShield part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many different ways you can work this business! You can go headstrong into sales, whether is be in group settings or individually... you can take a network recruiting approach to it and build a large team under you and teach them to build under each of them, or you can balance the two and do a little of both. But the promotions, bonuses and commissions have no comparison in other muti-level marketing companies (speaking from experience) And the fact that you can stretch your business across the country pretty reasonably allows the income potential to be unlimited!

Cons

If you don't have a big enough "Why" or vision, it can be hard to hit the ground running. But the company offers so much support that the only way you can fail yourself it to not try and to not tap into the community of leaders.

2. "Associate"

Pros

Lots of room for growth and expansion

Cons

It can be difficult to make money as an independent, you will need to get a large team of associates to make it big.

Apr 25, 2018 – AS Leader

Thanks for being an Independent Associate with LegalShield. We applaud your entrepreneurial spirit and look forward to helping you succeed with your own business. We appreciate your feedback. Thank... More

3. "Absolutely the best company ever."

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Owasso, OK
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Owasso, OK

I have been working at LegalShield full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Daily pay and amazing bonuses, there is nothing more exciting than waking up to a direct deposit every morning m

Cons

None. Whatsoever, LegalShield is the best company they have the best commissions and bonuses. I mean come one, do you earn 10 thousand dollar bonuses?

Advice to Management

Keep doing your job

Apr 25, 2018 – AS Leader

Thank you for being an Independent LegalShield Associate. Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback!

"Great work environment!"

Current Employee - HRIS Administrator in Ada, OK
    Current Employee - HRIS Administrator in Ada, OK

I have been working at LegalShield full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Work Environment
    Communication with Staff
    Benefits
    Self-Service with Workday
    Great Atmosphere

I have been with LegalShield a little under two years and I absolutely love working here. The culture and atmosphere make LegalShield feel like a second home, you won't be disappointed if you accept a job opportunity here!

Cons

Our new prescription coverage seems to not cover as much as our previous one, however, I know our Benefits team is working to help resolve issues we are having with this.

5. "Great opportunities and career oriented"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ada, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ada, OK

I have been working at LegalShield full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People, Profit Sharing Bonus, Fast Pace Environment, Opportunities for advancement, MS VP

Cons

I would like to see the communication from OCE to all levels improve. I would also like to go back to the old prescription benefit we had last year.

Advice to Management

Communication needs improvement from the top to all levels.

6. "This will change your life!"

I have been working at LegalShield full-time

Pros

Anyone can do this if they are dedicated and work hard. There is massive opportunity for exponential growth. The ability to work from home and be with your kids, your family, travel and go where you want because you can work where you want is unbelievable. No basa and no one hanging over your shoulder telling you where and when to be. Single shield gives massive bonuses for work you're doing already such as $10K bonuses, $40K bonuses, obviously smaller ones too such as $360 bonuses, $180 bonuses, free all expense paid trips, etc.

Cons

No company is completely perfect and can always improve.

Apr 25, 2018 – AS Leader

We appreciate you being an Independent LegalShield Associate. Thank you for your review!

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Ada, OK
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Ada, OK

I worked at LegalShield full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product and excellent customer service ethic. Loyal employee base for those who are part of the 'family'. Great perks at headquarters.

Cons

Competing priorities between corporate opportunities and network marketing/direct selling. Communication outside home office sucks. Trying to hard to pretend it's not a direct selling company to brokers.

Advice to Management

Treat employees at ALL locations as valuable. Don't try to manage corporate and direct selling side the same way.

"Read the Income Disclosure"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Ada, OK
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Ada, OK

I worked at LegalShield full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a hard one because there really isn't anything positive to say. But, I will say this, they are slick and come across as very professional.

Cons

There is simply no money to be made in LegalShield. Here’s what the other reviews by salespeople aren’t telling you: YOU CAN”T MAKE MONEY SELLING LEGALSHIELD! At least not enough to do it full time. Based on their own income disclosure, salespeople with 0-2 years experience only made $800 per year. And ALL salespeople, regardless of experience, make less than $1000/year. That is what they are promoting as a life changing “opportunity”! But, what about the people who stick with it even longer? Surely there’s hope if you stick to it, right? Well, based on their own numbers, people who stick around and stay at it for 5 years see their income jump to $10,000/year. In other words, if this were a part time job, working 20 hours a week, you’re only making $9.62/hr. According to the company's own income disclosure, the average associate only made $878 in 2015. Even associates that have been in the business for over 20 years only made $8000 to $10,000 for the whole year. That's great PART TIME income, but they market the opportunity as a way to get rich. A way to sit back as your downline creates passive income for you. It's simply not possible. It just doesn't happen.

Advice to Management

OK. What about sticking at it another 5 years? That will boost your income up another $3000 to $13000/year or $12.50/hr if you do it part time or just $6.25/hr if it were a full time job. OK. So, what about those people who stay at it, working hard at their LS business for over 20 years? Those people, on average, based on numbers released by LS themselves, actually see their average annual income drop back down by $3000/year for people who market to groups. The sad, simple fact is that 99.7% of people who get involved in these things lose money. This is data directly from a 2017 report from MLM Direct Selling, the industry itself admits it’s a loser. 99.9% of Amway/Quixtar salespeople lose money. 99.42% of Herbalife salespeople lose money. By the time you calculate in the cost of training, material, licensing fees, and your time that you waste on this “opportunity”, the loss rate for Lsss is probably even worse. Sure, you can always find the rare example of the people who make money at this stuff, but keep in mind that appearances are sometimes deceiving. That car that they “won” was actually on a lease. That vacation “prize” was just a discounted trip. So, before you sign up to be a member of anyone’s “team”, ask to see the numbers, not promises, but real numbers from the company. Don’t listen to a sales pitch and be won over by what COULD happen. Look at what typically does happen and you will see that it almost never lives up to the hype.

"Amazing company"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at LegalShield (More than 10 years)

Pros

Being here for 15 years- I will always continue to help others.
    Work from home, without a BOSS!
    You are an Independent Agent- maketing two services with two of the #1 companies in their industry!
    Ask questions and get results
    Wide open opportunity on your terms.
    The best training-Online training/ Classroom training
    People do care about your success
    Work your business any where in North America.
    Free trips
    Bonus money
    PLUS SO MUCH MORE!!!!

Cons

Can't think of any!
    Not enough hours in the day- to accomplish what you want to get done!

Advice to Management

Just need more people trained properly within the corporate office to answer the questions correctly

Apr 16, 2018 – AS Leader

Thanks for being an independent associate with LegalShield. We applaud your entrepreneurial spirit and look forward to helping you succeed with your own business.
    LegalShield embraces the... More

"Best company and awesome services offered!"

Current Employee - Independent Associate
    Current Employee - Independent Associate

I have been working at LegalShield full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Be your own boss with your own schedule, work from anywhere, make what you are worth with no limit as to how much money, passive residual income, making a living while making a difference helping others have equal access to equal justice.

Cons

Some associates have a lack of integrity and need to be terminated.

Advice to Management

Need to have more field trainers leading by example.

Apr 25, 2018 – AS Leader

Thank you for being an Independent Associate with LegalShield. We applaud your entrepreneurial spirit and look forward to helping you succeed with your own business. We appreciate your feedback... More