KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

LegalShield Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2022

Found 245 of over 304 reviews

4.1
LegalShield Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bell (no image)
Jeff Bell

The latest conversations about Law

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

awesome

Jul 28, 2022 - Independent Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

they offer great support and training

Cons

you have to keep yourself accountable

Customer Advocacy Director

Thank you for your review. We couldn't agree with you more. The PPLSI Opportunity allows you to earn extra income on your own time, in your own way, while making a difference in your community. And we will help you every step of the way, but success is never easy. Growing your business takes hard work. Thank you for being part of our valuable mission.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

A local lawyer will be by your side throughout the entire process to make sure your business is set up for success.

Jun 19, 2022 - Independent Associate in Manteca, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a successful career in the car business, but it came at a huge cost. I was working 60 to 80 hours a week. I was going to work when it was dark and coming home when it was dark, with no end in sight. What good is money if you don’t have the time to enjoy it? Now, I am so blessed to make my own schedule, work with amazing people, travel, spend time with family, participate in philanthropy and commute down the hallway to a home office overlooking my balcony. Sometimes I have to pinch myself.

Cons

the only con in my opinion is that i didn´t hear about it a long time ago!

Customer Advocacy Director

Thank you for your glowing review and for being a valued part of the PPLSI family. We couldn't agree with you more; a healthy work-life rhythm is important. Our PPLSI Opportunity is designed with that in mind. Like yourself, our valued PPLSI Independent Associates get the freedom to set your hours and earn extra income on your schedule, at your own pace, and work towards building your own business, helping those in your community gain affordable access to justice and security. We provide the support and training you need to set you up for success and keep you growing strong. Your experience is proof of the benefits you will receive when choosing to become a PPLSI Independent Associate. This business model is not for everyone. Success is never easy; hard work is required. Thank you for choosing PPLSI and being part of this valuable mission.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee

I hoped it would get better.

Apr 9, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The person I report to and the people on my team are great on a personal level. -Autonomy to get the work done without being micromanaged -The mission of helping people get access to affordable legal help allows me to sleep well at night knowing my work contribution is truly doing good.

Cons

-The amount of turnover (both quitting and letting go) has been alarming. -The company as a whole does not give raises, not even to try to match or come close to inflation. So if you want to work here for more than a year, you're essentially taking a pay cut. -I think because of the lower than industry average pay and lack of quality benefits, the company is hiring people who are not qualified just to "get people in the door." Hiring for the sake of hiring causes constant disruptions and micromanagement of new hires just to get something simple done. Because of this, my own level of incremental growth and contribution, along with hitting my goals, is moving at a snail's pace. -very disorganized project management (but it is slowly getting a little bit better) -teams that have been with the company for a long time are very resistant to change or evolving to "level up" the company.

3 people found this review helpful

Customer Advocacy Director

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and provide feedback. In 2021 we saw an unprecedented mass exodus from the workforce nationwide, with over 47 million employees voluntarily leaving their jobs, which has also caused a worker shortage across industries. As are all companies, PPLSI is working to identify, hire and retain top talent through these unprecedented times. We remain committed to hiring and retaining top talent and have had great success in 2022. The COVID-19 Pandemic is the primary factor driving excessive inflation. It is our hope that these factors will be less extreme in 2022, bringing some relief to inflation. We have a budgetary process for annual merit increases, and as inflation becomes more stable, merit increases will become better aligned with inflation. We offer robust options for our employee benefits which we regularly benchmark across appropriate industries to ensure our benefits remain competitive. All employees are eligible for all health benefits on day one of employment. In 2022, PPLSI will contribute over 80% of the total premium cost for employees and their dependents. At PPLSI, we have a strong mission and vision-focused culture, which drives our strategy. Thank you for your suggestion on communicating goals from the top down. While we always endeavor to do this, we strive for continuous improvement and welcome all such suggestions. Change can be difficult; however, PPLSI leadership and employees are committed to our mission and any changes necessary to deliver on this. Thank you for choosing PPLSI and being part of this valuable mission.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Fantastic Services

Jul 11, 2022 - Executive Director in Ada, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

The services help all communities to have affordable access in all area's of the law without the high hourly cost for individuals, small business owners and employers by offering the services as an employee benefit nationwide.

Cons

The corporate office does not support or assist it's field and leaders with what's needed to have continued success!

Customer Advocacy Director

Thank you for the review. We couldn't agree more with you; we have proudly been leveling the legal playing field for our valued members for more than 49 years. Our independent associates are vital to our mission, so we want to clarify our training and support. At PPLSI, we are proud to invest in our employees' & independent associates' personal development. We believe in helping our independent associates find empowerment as business owners. From training and webinars to regular conference calls and more, we provide our associates with all the tools to succeed. This also includes insights and coaching from fellow associates, who are happy to help and cheer each other on every step of the way. We have systems and processes for employees and independent associates to notify us if they feel they are not receiving the support they need. This business model is not for everyone. PPLSI’s process is easy to follow and start, but work is required. Success is never easy. Thank you for choosing PPLSI and being part of this valuable mission.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great if you’re aggressive

Aug 4, 2022 - Legal Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of training, support, materials. Good commission compensation.

Cons

Lot of time compared to income. Takes a go-getter, willing to work long hours, deal with customer issues, and changes in coverage.

Customer Advocacy Director

Thank you for the review. At PPLSI, we pride ourselves on helping our independent associates find empowerment as business owners. Independent associates are the beating heart of our mission at PPLSI: They understand and are passionate about our products & services; they share them with others, help them set up their memberships, and accompany them on their journey to legal representation and security – all while creating a business to support themselves and their families. We provide everything you will need to get started and grow your business. However, this business model is not for everyone. Success is not a guarantee. Hard work is required. Thank you for choosing PPLSI and being part of this valuable mission.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

I've been with LegalShield for 15 years this April

Feb 8, 2022 - Associate Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working my own schedule in my own business which was great with kids. I've worked part-time most of my career with LegalShield and created a solid residual income that I still enjoy every month, working or not. The company pays VERY well up front, but the biggest advantage is the residual income. I make more of an income with my LegalShield business than I do with Social Security and I worked MANY years for that. I took off months at a time due to a family tragedy and continued to get paid. I can choose which division to work in with the company for growth. The optional monthly cost is $24.95 for my website & CRM app to share info with my clients & prospects. NOT a monthly requirement. Corp does have an Insurance Professional & Professional Sellers division that I can share.

Cons

Not really a con but something to know. It's important to keep up with training due to the changes in the different products. The majority of the training is free. If there is a cost it is minimal.

Customer Advocacy Director

Congrats on our upcoming 15th anniversary! Thank you for being part of our mission to protect and empower people with the tools and services needed to affordably live a just and secure life. You are correct; when you become a LegalShield Independent Associate, you get the freedom to set your hours and earn extra income on your schedule, at your own pace, and work towards building your own business. We provide the support and training you need to set you up for success. Thank you for clarifying that we offer additional resources that associates can purchase for a low monthly fee, but these are not required. We are grateful to hear that your LegalShield Business was able to help provide extra income for your family in your time of need. Your experience showcases that success is never easy. It takes a lot of work to start your own business, but the rewards match your efforts. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, and thank you for choosing LegalShield!

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Potential to be a good place to work but poor leadership & team cohesion

Jul 12, 2022 - Senior Digital Experience Manager in Denver, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Opportunity to improve bottom line

Cons

Little to no direction from leadership Cross departmental initiatives near impossible, limiting ability to execute and improve bottom line Some backend systems are outdated, making improvements difficult

2 people found this review helpful

Customer Advocacy Director

Thank you for your review. At PPLSI, we have a strong mission and vision-focused culture, which drives our strategy. Thank you for your suggestion on strengthening our communication with leadership. As well as improving our cross-departmental initiatives. While we always endeavor to do this, we strive for continuous improvement and welcome all such suggestions. We encourage all employees to access the many forums we provide to share their feedback and speak directly to the specific leader(s) that aren’t meeting their expectations. Thank you for choosing PPLSI and being part of this valuable mission.

8. 5.0

Associate

Jun 11, 2022 - Work From Home Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and free trips yearly

Cons

no negatives directed to me

Customer Advocacy Director

Thank you for your review. We couldn't agree with you more! When you join the PPLSI family, we appreciate your work and recognize & reward your effort with incentives, bonuses, recognition and much more! After all, you’re helping us help others. What’s not to reward about that? When you become an associate, you join us in our mission all while earning extra income. This business model is not for everyone. PPLSI’s process is easy to follow and start, but work is required. Success is never easy.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good community of people

May 25, 2022 - Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative, Good work life balance, Focused offerings and strategy, Good community of coworkers

Cons

Little opportunity for career advancement

Customer Advocacy Director

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and provide feedback. As a mission-led company, we strive to cultivate a culture that advocates for justice, equality, liberty, and security for all our employees. We are happy to see those values reflected in your experience. We are growing and highly encourage our employees to take advantage of the growth opportunities across the company. Thank you for choosing PPLSI and being part of this valuable mission.

10. 5.0

Awesome Place to work

Apr 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Ada, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome, cool, Fun, pay good, Awesome

Cons

None, NOne, None, None, None

Customer Advocacy Director

Thank you for the five-star review. At PPLSI, everything we do is in service of our mission to enable everyone to affordably live a just and secure life. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and for being part of this valuable mission!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 245 Reviews

LegalShield Reviews FAQs

LegalShield has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 304 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at LegalShield to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, LegalShield employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at LegalShield. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

82% of LegalShield employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated LegalShield 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at LegalShield to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with LegalShield Job Seekers