LegalShield Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Jeff Bell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The ability to work from home and be with your kids, your family, travel and go where you want because you can work where you want is unbelievable (in 6 reviews)

• LegalShield provides a great opportunity to build your own business with residual income (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of Communication - lacks the ability to lead by example or to communicate effectively with anyone outside of the Executive offices (in 3 reviews)

• There are no cons, everything is straight forward (in 3 reviews)

"Great work environment!"

Current Employee - HRIS Administrator in Ada, OK
    Current Employee - HRIS Administrator in Ada, OK

I have been working at LegalShield full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Work Environment
    Communication with Staff
    Benefits
    Self-Service with Workday
    Great Atmosphere

I have been with LegalShield a little under two years and I absolutely love working here. The culture and atmosphere make LegalShield feel like a second home, you won't be disappointed if you accept a job opportunity here!

Cons

Our new prescription coverage seems to not cover as much as our previous one, however, I know our Benefits team is working to help resolve issues we are having with this.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Ada, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Ada, OK

I have been working at LegalShield full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with LegalShield over 20 years and value the family atmosphere, Profit Share Bonus, employee benefits and the people. I get to do a job that I love doing and work with great people.

Cons

Some benefits have changed, liked the previous script program better.

Advice to Management

Continue promoting the family culture.

3. "Great opportunities and career oriented"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ada, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ada, OK

I have been working at LegalShield full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People, Profit Sharing Bonus, Fast Pace Environment, Opportunities for advancement, MS VP

Cons

I would like to see the communication from OCE to all levels improve. I would also like to go back to the old prescription benefit we had last year.

Advice to Management

Communication needs improvement from the top to all levels.

4. "This will change your life!"

I have been working at LegalShield full-time

Pros

Anyone can do this if they are dedicated and work hard. There is massive opportunity for exponential growth. The ability to work from home and be with your kids, your family, travel and go where you want because you can work where you want is unbelievable. No basa and no one hanging over your shoulder telling you where and when to be. Single shield gives massive bonuses for work you're doing already such as $10K bonuses, $40K bonuses, obviously smaller ones too such as $360 bonuses, $180 bonuses, free all expense paid trips, etc.

Cons

No company is completely perfect and can always improve.

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Ada, OK
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Ada, OK

I worked at LegalShield full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product and excellent customer service ethic. Loyal employee base for those who are part of the 'family'. Great perks at headquarters.

Cons

Competing priorities between corporate opportunities and network marketing/direct selling. Communication outside home office sucks. Trying to hard to pretend it's not a direct selling company to brokers.

Advice to Management

Treat employees at ALL locations as valuable. Don't try to manage corporate and direct selling side the same way.

"Read the Income Disclosure"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Ada, OK
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Ada, OK

I worked at LegalShield full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a hard one because there really isn't anything positive to say. But, I will say this, they are slick and come across as very professional.

Cons

There is simply no money to be made in LegalShield. Here’s what the other reviews by salespeople aren’t telling you: YOU CAN”T MAKE MONEY SELLING LEGALSHIELD! At least not enough to do it full time. Based on their own income disclosure, salespeople with 0-2 years experience only made $800 per year. And ALL salespeople, regardless of experience, make less than $1000/year. That is what they are promoting as a life changing “opportunity”! But, what about the people who stick with it even longer? Surely there’s hope if you stick to it, right? Well, based on their own numbers, people who stick around and stay at it for 5 years see their income jump to $10,000/year. In other words, if this were a part time job, working 20 hours a week, you’re only making $9.62/hr. According to the company's own income disclosure, the average associate only made $878 in 2015. Even associates that have been in the business for over 20 years only made $8000 to $10,000 for the whole year. That's great PART TIME income, but they market the opportunity as a way to get rich. A way to sit back as your downline creates passive income for you. It's simply not possible. It just doesn't happen.

Advice to Management

OK. What about sticking at it another 5 years? That will boost your income up another $3000 to $13000/year or $12.50/hr if you do it part time or just $6.25/hr if it were a full time job. OK. So, what about those people who stay at it, working hard at their LS business for over 20 years? Those people, on average, based on numbers released by LS themselves, actually see their average annual income drop back down by $3000/year for people who market to groups. The sad, simple fact is that 99.7% of people who get involved in these things lose money. This is data directly from a 2017 report from MLM Direct Selling, the industry itself admits it’s a loser. 99.9% of Amway/Quixtar salespeople lose money. 99.42% of Herbalife salespeople lose money. By the time you calculate in the cost of training, material, licensing fees, and your time that you waste on this “opportunity”, the loss rate for Lsss is probably even worse. Sure, you can always find the rare example of the people who make money at this stuff, but keep in mind that appearances are sometimes deceiving. That car that they “won” was actually on a lease. That vacation “prize” was just a discounted trip. So, before you sign up to be a member of anyone’s “team”, ask to see the numbers, not promises, but real numbers from the company. Don’t listen to a sales pitch and be won over by what COULD happen. Look at what typically does happen and you will see that it almost never lives up to the hype.

7. "This Review is for the Associates, Not the Attorneys"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at LegalShield part-time

Pros

Attorney Service is Stellar, I've used them a few times so far.

Cons

Associates, many of them, don't give a crap to help you and are rude in the forums for Associate help. I'm going it on my own. The lady I was hired under is a loser. Others, a few local ones, are in a clique and would release information I was asking about before I joined. Like how does the Bankruptcy work if I join? One man and his upline, both been with LS for decades, could not seem to get me an answer. It was all BS, they did not want to tell me that LS will refer you to an outside Attorney at 25% off. Less than classy people that I want nothing to do with.

8. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at LegalShield (More than 10 years)

Pros

Being here for 15 years- I will always continue to help others.
    Work from home, without a BOSS!
    You are an Independent Agent- maketing two services with two of the #1 companies in their industry!
    Ask questions and get results
    Wide open opportunity on your terms.
    The best training-Online training/ Classroom training
    People do care about your success
    Work your business any where in North America.
    Free trips
    Bonus money
    PLUS SO MUCH MORE!!!!

Cons

Can't think of any!
    Not enough hours in the day- to accomplish what you want to get done!

Advice to Management

Just need more people trained properly within the corporate office to answer the questions correctly

9. "Best company and awesome services offered!"

Current Employee - Independent Associate
    Current Employee - Independent Associate

I have been working at LegalShield full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Be your own boss with your own schedule, work from anywhere, make what you are worth with no limit as to how much money, passive residual income, making a living while making a difference helping others have equal access to equal justice.

Cons

Some associates have a lack of integrity and need to be terminated.

Advice to Management

Need to have more field trainers leading by example.

10. "Director"

Current Employee - Director in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Corona, CA

I have been working at LegalShield part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing training and personal development.

Cons

Difficult for non, self-starters will struggle.

Advice to Management

None