LegalShield Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeff Bell

Pros
  • The best reasons to work for Legal Shield is the positive environment and the great people you meet (in 7 reviews)

• its like a personal development company with a GREAT compensation plan (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of communication and accountability in upper management (in 3 reviews)

• Learning curve and personal committment are required and challenging (in 2 reviews)

1. "Marketing Consultant"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at LegalShield full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I get to help people protect their legal rights

Cons

Keeping and maintaining lead funnel

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing.

2. "great company"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at LegalShield part-time (More than a year)

Pros

everything is great , especially the compensation

Cons

bit of a niche market

Apr 27, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for being an independent sales associate with LegalShield. We're glad to read your enthusiasm re: our compensation!

3. "Gotta spend money to make money"

Former Employee - Associate in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Associate in Tucson, AZ

I worked at LegalShield part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work around your schedule.

Cons

It's all based on your creditability with your friends and family. They strive on your good name to sell the product. I tried talking to many people about it, but wouldn't convince. Also the legal advice is a joke. They didn't even want to help me with my ticket because it would be a waste of time to the attorney.

Advice to Management

Stop sugar coating that it's not an MLM

5. "great company work form the comfort of your home part or full time you decide"

Current Employee - Director in SN Luis Obisp, CA
    Current Employee - Director in SN Luis Obisp, CA

I have been working at LegalShield part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

its like a personal development company with a GREAT compensation plan

Cons

wish they had a weekly meeting in the san luis obispo area

Advice to Management

work hard play hard #legalshieldfamily

Mar 15, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for being an independent sales associate with LegalShield. You dedication, commitment and positive comments are appreciated; we want to help you be as successful as you want to be in the ... More

"LegalShield"

Former Employee - Channel Manager in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Channel Manager in Richardson, TX

I worked at LegalShield full-time

Pros

The CEO is sincere and approachable. He is a visionary with traditional values but very aware and in tune with our modern culture. He consistently tries to motivate and inspire the entire company to think outside of the box.

I have a friend for life! The Recognition, Marketing, Analytics and Executive Assistant teams are phenomenal!

Cons

This review is based on my employment within Network Sales and Marketing

- Lack of Communication - lacks the ability to lead by example or to communicate effectively with anyone outside of the Executive offices. There have been numerous occasions where I have needed information in order to handle a particular situation and would not get a response.

- Growth Impairment - leadership in this department sought me out about an opportunity to take on a position. I was interviewed and all was well until I was asked about compensation. I was told that that they would not and could not pay my salary requirements.

- Nepotism - The department has just hired three new SNVPs and one of them is directly related to senior leadership.

- Retaliation and Lack of Professionalism- I was recently let go because of an email that I was asked to send by senior management. Instead of jumping to conclusions the company should take the time to investigate the facts. Lashing out at employees in front of colleagues is unprofessional and creates a hostile work environment.

Advice to Management

Just do the right thing. Take care of our people. Sometimes things don't work out and sometimes we do have to move on. Do the right thing by those who have ALWAYS tried their best to do right by you. Don't take people for granted. Don't try to silence a voice. If Legalshield is really trying to to what Mr. Stonecipher set out to do...then it is to protect the rights of all people! That definitely includes their employees.

Mar 6, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your review and your service as an employee of LegalShield. Every day, we strive to live our Values: *We believe in the good in all people; *We do the right thing when no one is ... More

"LegalShield Workplace"

Current Employee - Manager in Ada, OK
    Current Employee - Manager in Ada, OK

Pros

Benefits, work environment. Offers tools to improve self, pays semi annual profit sharing bonuses.

Cons

Lack of communication. Starting to upgrade and use technology to replace employees.

Advice to Management

Communicate to all employees the company direction and time lines for changes.

Feb 13, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your review and positive comments regarding our benefits, work environment, profit-sharing bonus program and overall focus on development. Our past Employee Satisfaction Surveys have ... More

8. "Associate, Small Business and Group Qualified"

Current Employee - Independent Associate in Palmer, MA
    Current Employee - Independent Associate in Palmer, MA

I have been working at LegalShield part-time

Pros

Independence and true sense of satisfaction by helping people who are truly in need. I began as a customer (back in 2001) when it was PrePaid Legal, and I was hooked...it's REALLY what the company claims. Proud to be a part of a great American success story!

Cons

A 1099 income, training is basic, but like any opportunity, it's what you make it-
    If it were 'easy', everyone would be pursuing it...
    Also in Ma.....you are required to maintain a property/casualty license, a necessary evil

Advice to Management

More local training, but I realize in license states, there are expenses involved and someone usually RVP has to incur the cost of a facility, etc.

Feb 13, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your review and for being an independent sales associate with LegalShield. We especially enjoy hearing stories from our independent associates who began their relationship with the ... More

9. "A job with so much potential"

Current Employee - Independent Associate in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Independent Associate in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at LegalShield part-time

Pros

I am new to this business as an independent associate but what made me choose them was using the legal services membership I had bought from them. I used their attorneys a few times and I was very impressed. My passion in life is educating and helping others so I realized LegalShield not only gives me all the tools to help others but to help myself lucratively and comfortably. It could pay you so well if you are goal oriented and organized. Amazing training and support is provided also.

Cons

Nothing against this company honestly.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. Thank you.

Feb 13, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for being an independent sales associate with LegalShield. We appreciate your comments and look forward to helping you succeed in your business. For the benefit of others reading this ... More

"B2B Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Pros

They are very flexible mostly.

Cons

The internship is unpaid but bonuses available.

Advice to Management

N/a

Feb 13, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for being an independent associate with LegalShield. We applaud your entrepreneurial spirit and look forward to helping you succeed with your own business.

"Independent Associate"

Current Employee - Independent Agent in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Independent Agent in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at LegalShield (More than 5 years)

Pros

Time freedom, work when you want, mentorship, professional development. Pay for performance.

Cons

If you aren't one who likes can manage your own time, you may have a rough time.

Feb 13, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thanks for your review and for being an independent sales associate with LegalShield. You've illuminated many of the positives of having your own business. Consistency and persistency are keys to ... More