LegalShield Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Jeff Bell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The ability to work from home and be with your kids, your family, travel and go where you want because you can work where you want is unbelievable" (in 6 reviews)

• "LegalShield provides a great opportunity to build your own business with residual income" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lack of Communication - lacks the ability to lead by example or to communicate effectively with anyone outside of the Executive offices" (in 3 reviews)

• "Crappy reviews rpm those who did not put anything into it and expected to make money" (in 4 reviews)

1. "You get what you put into it"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Hopewell Junction, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Hopewell Junction, NY

I have been working at LegalShield part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Total flexibility with time, paid daily, my business, earn residual income for the future, amazing services, great back office and apps. Great resources to educate the public, Amazing events, low start up costs (which I made back in weeks) and I was promoted already!

Cons

Crappy reviews rpm those who did not put anything into it and expected to make money. You get what you put into it, its that simple.

Advice to Management

Publish more of the good news to the public!

"Love it!!!"

Current Employee - Director - Independent Associate in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Director - Independent Associate in Marietta, GA

I have been working at LegalShield part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with LegalShield for almost 12 years as an Independent Associate as well as a member. I have used my membership countless times and have been astounded at the response by the Legal representation by every law firm I have encountered. I will first and foremost never be without the membership. Secondly, as an associate, I have thoroughly enjoyed not only recruiting people to join this venture but introducing people to a service that empowers you and your family. We all have questions and those questions usually have a legal root, so why have to check your wallet before calling an attorney. LegalShield gives you the freedom to get the advice and consultation on ANYTHING legal based.

Cons

I really can't think of a downside to sharing an incredible service like LegalShield.

"A world Class Company"

I have been working at LegalShield full-time

Pros

Having access to law firms at the palm of your hand. Best training in the industryu to help elevate your business.

Cons

I can't think of anything to say , the only way the system does not work for anyone is if they do absolutely nothing.

"Leadership Misrepresents the Opportunity"

Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Ada, OK
    Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Ada, OK

I have been working at LegalShield full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The corporate office is a nice facility and the Ada community is pleasant and polite.

Cons

I spent nearly 15 years as an employee at the corporate office and not once did I ever feel tempted to actually sell the product. Why? Because I saw the reality of the numbers. The company’s income disclosure is online (just search LegalShield income disclosure) and not because they want it to be. Based on their own numbers you see that in the first two years of being an associate you can optimistically hope to earn $700/yr. Not exactly the image that is being sold to people by the company marketing material. Even if you stick it out, associates that have been there over 20 years and go the extra miles of training, certification, etc... to be a group salesperson, you can only hope to make $15k/yr. That works out to $300/wk or less than $8/hr. So, my review of LS is that it is dishonest, from the leadership on down the pyramid of salespeople.

Advice to Management

None

5. "You Can See Where the Priority Lies"

Current Employee - Corporate Communications Specialist in Ada, OK
    Current Employee - Corporate Communications Specialist in Ada, OK

I have been working at LegalShield full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Look at the reviews for this company and you will see that the only positive reviews are from the sales force (probably submitted by newbies who still think there is hope of turning a profit in this scheme). You won’t see any positive reviews by corporate employees or by customers. That should say all that any reasonable person needs to hear.

Cons

So, take a good, long look at the employee reviews before you get involved with this company. It’s all promise with no payoff.

Advice to Management

Employees deserve to be treated like people, not disposable cogs.

"Not All It’s Cracked Up To Be"

I have been working at LegalShield full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I’ve spent over ten years of my life working at LegalShield and I’ve come to be amazed at how the company looks down upon its own membership base. It’s all recruit, recruit, recruit and the members are kind of viewed as a hindrance to what the leadership sees as their purpose: creating a bigger and bigger sales force.

Cons

When you have a people oriented mindset and you really do want to help people with legal issues, it’s dispiriting to see how little it matters in the grand corporate scheme.

7. "Best Entrepreneurial Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at LegalShield part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are so many different ways you can work this business! You can go headstrong into sales, whether is be in group settings or individually... you can take a network recruiting approach to it and build a large team under you and teach them to build under each of them, or you can balance the two and do a little of both. But the promotions, bonuses and commissions have no comparison in other muti-level marketing companies (speaking from experience) And the fact that you can stretch your business across the country pretty reasonably allows the income potential to be unlimited!

Cons

If you don't have a big enough "Why" or vision, it can be hard to hit the ground running. But the company offers so much support that the only way you can fail yourself it to not try and to not tap into the community of leaders.

LegalShield Response

May 24, 2018 – AS Leader

Thank you for being an Independent LegalShield Associate. Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback!

"Built on a Pretty Lie"

I have been working at LegalShield full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The home office is fine, nice set and mostly good people. Management does what management does. I guess tht’s the same everywhere. Moneys the name of the game, not people. You learn that quick.

Cons

You see, they fix you up on this like it's different. That it's not the same old racket you momma fell for when she was Avon and the like. But its all the same. Almost nobody scores and the few that do make a McDonalds ’s kind of paycheck. We walk around yelling people (including ourselves) that anyone can get wealthy, make a living off this, but no one does. So, if you're looking for a cushy home office gig, it's not bad, just steer clear of the data entry departments or good old HR (gossip central). But if you're thinking about turning selling this stuff into a career, think again.

Advice to Management

Read the disclaimer at the beginning and just keep telling yourself that it's just a work of fiction. It's only a work of fiction...

"False Advertising and Unethical Business Practices"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Ada, OK
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Ada, OK

I have been working at LegalShield full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits but they aren’t as good as they used to be and they are about to get cut again.

Cons

They really have no respect for employees, associates (except for the big name ones), or the members. If you are new and think you are going to make money at this, think again. The business is a typical pyramid scheme that sucks money from the new guy after lying that he will make a living and gives it to the few big dogs at the top. Management lies and they train their employees to lie to the new associates. It’s a con, plain and simple.

Advice to Management

None. They don’t listen.

10. "Associate"

Pros

Lots of room for growth and expansion

Cons

It can be difficult to make money as an independent, you will need to get a large team of associates to make it big.

LegalShield Response

Apr 25, 2018 – AS Leader

Thanks for being an Independent Associate with LegalShield. We applaud your entrepreneurial spirit and look forward to helping you succeed with your own business. We appreciate your feedback. Thank... More