Cover image for LegalShield

LegalShield

Engaged Employer

LegalShield

Add a Review

LegalShield Employee Reviews about "legalshield"

Updated Dec 3, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 311 of over 311 reviews
3.6
65% Recommend to a Friend
75% Approve of CEO

Found 10 of over 311 reviews

3.6
LegalShield Chief Executive Officer Jeff Bell (no image)
Jeff Bell

The latest conversations about Law

Join the conversation on

Law

90.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/law/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=LegalShield~472081
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "great people in Ada who work hard and do the things that need to get done(in 12 reviews)
  • "Good benefits but they aren’t as good as they used to be and they are about to get cut again.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Clean work environment with good pay.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Amazing training and personal development.(in 9 reviews)
  • "I set my schedule, what hours I want to work and how much money I want to earn.(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "legalshield"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Great Service / Great Opportunity

Nov 12, 2021 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

LegalShield provides fantastic personal development and skill development. The skills and leadership gained from LegalShield can transform one’s career whether with LegalShield or any other career opportunity.

Cons

You have to be self driven and like working on straight commission with no cap.

Customer Advocacy Director

Thank you for your review and being a valued part of the LegalShield family. At LegalShield, we believe in helping our independent associates like yourself find empowerment as business owners. We provide everything you need to get started right and keep your business growing. We are happy to hear that you are taking advantage of the training, tools, & incentives to do just that. LegalShield’s process is easy to follow and get started, but work is required. Success is never easy. Thank you for choosing LegalShield and being part of this valuable mission.

2. 1.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Shady Sponsors

Dec 3, 2021 - Independent Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro is you have an upline but that does not mean they will assist you professionally

Cons

There are no benefits with 1099. You do your own marketing, you put a lot of work into it, but it's best to start your own business using your product to get 100% of the profit. It's worth the sweat equity. The commission can change unexpectedly. It can also be taken away from you permanently. You must read the Marketing rules carefully, LegalShield can sue and fine you if you go against their policy. There are way too many rules.

Customer Advocacy Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. At LegalShield, we believe in helping our independent associates find empowerment as business owners. We provide the tools and resources you need to get started right and keep building your business strong. When you become a LegalShield Independent Associate, we value your commitment and outline our commitment to you in return clearly in our associate contract terms and conditions, which must be agreed to in order to become an associate. This business model is not for everyone. LegalShield’s process is easy to follow and easy to get started, but work is required. Success is never easy.

3. Join the LegalShield team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Environment of energy and cooperation

May 25, 2021 - Mobile Development Intern in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Despite the size, everyone at LegalShield is highly connected to one another and is always helping each other out. Everyone is excited to work to make the company better and they understand that they must help others and ask others for help in order to do so.

Cons

Unnecessary meetings across the company.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee

Not A Good Fit - Political and Strange Culture

Oct 8, 2020 - Digital
    Business Outlook

Pros

- High salaries. Legalshield is generous with their salaries and will pay industry standard or more for roles - Good profit-sharing options and healthcare - Flexible working hours, some partially remote options even before COVID

Cons

- Divided company culture. The home-office culture is conservative and old-school, while some of the other departments are at direct odds with that. Swearing isn't allowed on slack, etc. - The company has a multi-level-marketing aspect which inflates the reviews on glassdoor and across the board. It's difficult to get things done in the company because everything needs to be agreed upon across several different "lines" of business and the associate's team doesn't want the same things as the other areas - Political, dishonest practices at senior levels. What you say won't be carried through the same way that is promised and some of the more senior people in the company are more caught up in politics than in how to make impactful business decisions - Dishonest about job descriptions and roles. Recruiters will tell you that you will have one type of job and you'll end up doing something different - The CEO is forceful, performative, and driven by emotions, not sound business decisions. - Not a cutting edge company. If you want to learn from experts in development/product/marketing/digital you shouldn't come here. They have been taking steps to introduce more expertise but they are behind when it comes to these areas

10 people found this review helpful

Brand Reputation Monitor

Thank you for the feedback. Every employee's opinion matters at LegalShield. We understand that changing environments can be difficult and that a company's individual culture may not be a fit for everyone. We have multiple offices and teams around the country. But we share the same values – Mission First, Constantly Improve, Join Forces, Extreme Ownership, and Live Passionately. Most importantly, we are in a transformation as we diversify to a multi-channel distribution model from a reliance on MLM prior to 2012. This introduces great opportunities for the right people, and diversity amongst the channels is also one of the biggest strengths of our company. Under the leadership of Jeff Bell, CEO, LegalShield has set new membership, revenue and profitability records each of the last 7 years. Changing from being a call-center company to a services company driven by great marketing and software is not easy, but to fulfill our mission of equal justice for all, we will never stop until we succeed. Thank You!

6. 1.0

A ”Side Hustle” for the Aspiring Con Artist

Oct 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Let me just preface this review by saying that you will NOT make money as a LegalShield associate. I've spent a long time as a member of the corporate associate services team, I've seen the numbers, I've talked to the sales force, front line newbies and upper-echelon long-timers, and I know that the deck is stacked against anyone except the upper .1%. You will pay your associate fee, buy the material, sign up for the training, go to the events, and it will net you nothing.

Cons

All the money that you sink into ”setting up your business” just gets funneled up to the top level guys. That's the game. We sell the ”opportunity” and the money you spend on training is how we pay the commissions that you will likely never see.

14 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

No place better!

Aug 7, 2016 - Independent Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am an independent contractor with LegalShield. Simply means I own my business and am a commission-based associate. Great thing about this is that I get paid in direct relation to the effort that I put into my position -- not what someone else feels that I'm worth. A+

Cons

Because our company pays on a networking marketing model that is sometimes viewed as a negative in the marketplace -- this has nothing to do with our product / service, it's simply how it's independent contractor are paid. Don't judge before you understand what we do.

4 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thanks for the kind words in your review and for being an independent sales associate with LegalShield. We appreciate and applaud the entrepreneurship that comes from our sales force and look forward to helping you be successful with YOUR business in any way we can!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Love it!!!

Aug 7, 2018 - Director - Independent Associate in Marietta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with LegalShield for almost 12 years as an Independent Associate as well as a member. I have used my membership countless times and have been astounded at the response by the Legal representation by every law firm I have encountered. I will first and foremost never be without the membership. Secondly, as an associate, I have thoroughly enjoyed not only recruiting people to join this venture but introducing people to a service that empowers you and your family. We all have questions and those questions usually have a legal root, so why have to check your wallet before calling an attorney. LegalShield gives you the freedom to get the advice and consultation on ANYTHING legal based.

Cons

I really can't think of a downside to sharing an incredible service like LegalShield.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing opportunity if you are willing to put in the time and effort!

Jun 21, 2016 - Independent Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with LegalShield for about a year and a half, and I love the company, they give an ex excellent work from home business opportunity that allows you to do as little or as much as you would like and to continue to recieve residual income for years to come! This residual income can also be willed 2 generations. I love the incredible training opportunities and software support. LegalShield is constantly looking to improve itself and make things better for customers and associates.

Cons

Need to be self-driven Can take some time to build up a sizeable income

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Business Opportunity

Mar 1, 2013 - Independent Associate in Galena, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being self-employed has many benefits, i.e., being able to work the hours that we choose to work (time freedom); to earn as much as you would like in any given month; to meet many new business professionals by having the ability to join different associations and organizations. You need to be a self starter and be teachable and coachable.

Cons

You need to work because if you don't work you don't get paid - you are self employed! LegalShield is simple, but not always easy!

5 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Access to our legal system

Sep 20, 2015 - LegalShield Associate in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

LegalShield does NOT have quotas. But they do have incredible incentives. You can start your own business for $249 (plus whatever your state may require). If you are a teachable self-starter there is no limit what one can do with LegalShield.

Cons

You are not trading hours for dollars like a traditional "job". If you want a "job" then go get a "job". There is so much training and learning possibilities that one can become distracted. If you want to "sell" and just make money this may not be for you. If you are passionate about opening the legal system to everyone then this IS for you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Reviews