KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

LegalZoom Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2022

Found 460 of over 496 reviews

3.5
LegalZoom CEO Dan Wernikoff  (no image)
Dan Wernikoff

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The people here are great and are like family(in 50 reviews)
  • "The benefits are great.(in 38 reviews)
  • "Has a great culture.(in 18 reviews)
  • "This company does have good pay compared to previous job I have worked.(in 15 reviews)
  • "free bagels on friday.(in 14 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of LegalZoom and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Love Being a Zoomer

May 31, 2022 - Tax Associate II in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Company Culture supporting inclusiveness, embraces latest technologies and advocates for small business.

Cons

Sometimes the talk doesn't align with the walk.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great organization with amazing benefits!

Jun 22, 2022 - Tax Senior Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are a great group of people. Culture is diverse and inclusive.

Cons

Lots of processes need to be revamped to meet customer expectations.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

A Decent COMPANY BASED ON TEAMS

Jun 30, 2022 - Legal Document Specialist in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Culter and Training and opportunities to grow

Cons

Fighting for opportunities to progress sometime seems trivials

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall Good Company

Jun 14, 2022 - SMB Sales Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid commission structure and payout Multiple units to work in Publicly traded Remote position

Cons

Everything is always changing Shift bids suck Publicly traded Serious technology

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great People and Culture, but Technical Dept and Resources Can Work Life Difficult

Jun 13, 2022 - Client Operations Manager in Glendale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work from home, with flexibility of going into the office Proactive towards inclusivity, diversity, and work life balance. Most of workers are great to work with (of course thetr will be exceptions in any office) and makes work life enjoyable

Cons

Older software tools for workers are buggy and can inhibit progress in your day to day, making work frustrating. Resource allocation and support is not balance between depts/products. Can be cliquish and stagnet career growth

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee

Decent jobs

Jun 14, 2022 - Customer Care Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

The training was amazing, environment was fun and inviting. Decent pay

Cons

Some of the Legalzoom package are not explained in details , which makes customer upset in calling the company I scam

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good autonomy but strict bureaucracy

Jun 10, 2022 - Trademark Specialist in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work for a subset company of LZ. The telework, autonomy, and direct leadership are very good.

Cons

LegalZoom controls and makes all decisions for the subset company despite being 100% out of touch with it. They don't negotiate salaries or bonuses, won't listen to ideas, cut any crucial project that is not directly measurable on anything you do, etc etc. If I was working for LZ directly, I would not have taken the job.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Great culture, aligned goals

May 18, 2022 - Senior Manager, Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoy the teams that are looking to solve problems and achieve our vision

Cons

No downsides at the moment

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Tax Department business model is doomed to fail

Jun 22, 2022 - Tax Associate II
    Business Outlook

Pros

Communicate with new business owners

Cons

HUGE attrition rate of clients and employees within the Tax Division

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0

Great Place if you're self-motivated

Apr 11, 2022 - Instructional Designer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Positive affect on the world - Fast promotions if you perform a high level - Lots of super smart people - Great work-life balance; times to floor it but times you can hit 45 hours and be easy - lots of change

Cons

- Lack of clear goals ; you have to clearly create your own goals - Lot of entitled lazy people who don't work hard - lots of change - it's not clear if LegalZoom is leveraging technology in an intelligent way

4 people found this review helpful

LegalZoom Response

Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback! It is so great to hear that you feel like you're making a difference in the world, that you can see the opportunity to learn and grow and are enjoying the fast-paced environment and the journey with your fellow Zoomers. We have work to do as any organization, and we were glad to launch a new goal setting process (OKRs!) that included tops-down and bottoms-up goals with the opportunity to align so we are all working towards the same thing. We're also working on defining performance expectations and helping enable managers and leaders to provide provide developmental feedback to Zoomers in the most effective way (just launched a new training this week itself). On the technology front, we have a long roadmap ahead, and at the same time, excited to have made progress internally with new systems and tools we have launched to help better enable Zoomers to do their jobs effectively. More to come! If you have any ideas / feedback on the change management front, please do reach out to your manager or HRBP - we would love to hear more.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 460 Reviews

LegalZoom Reviews FAQs

LegalZoom has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 496 reviews left anonymously by employees. 69% of employees would recommend working at LegalZoom to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, LegalZoom employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at LegalZoom. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

69% of LegalZoom employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated LegalZoom 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at LegalZoom to be workplace, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with LegalZoom Job Seekers