Legend Solar Energy Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 26, 2018

1.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Owners who Care, Company like family"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Washington, UT
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Washington, UT

I have been working at Legend Solar Energy Systems as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

All the negative reviews on here are likely from people who were let go for not preforming. I have been here almost since the beginning and I can honestly say I’ve never worked for a better employer! These guys gave every employee and their significant other a paid for cruise to Mexico! That included both sales people and office/ fulfillment. Ive NEVER seen this happen ever! I was so grateful and still am. I get paid higher than the industry average and I feel like I’m part of a family.

The owners are two of the smartest and kindest people I’ve ever met. they care about my family and me. If i see them outside of work they always stop to say hi and they care greatly about the well being of all those who work for them.

Cons

Some of the past sales people have been very entitled and hard to work with (most of those guys have been fired thank GOODNESS- and any of the ones who stayed have been held to a much higher standard), but now that they have hired a new VP of Sales its gotten much better.

Advice to Management

In the past I would have said the managers over departments could have been better but not with Jed, Chris and Josh, management has never been better. I love the people I work with and I go to work everyday knowing Im part of a family

2. "Not worth the headache"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Legend Solar Energy Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New position for the company.

Cons

Lied about pay and willingness to learn about the new structure.

"bankrupt"

I have been working at Legend Solar Energy Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people there are great,

Cons

They don't pay their bills, screw over their customers, and now they haven't paid any of their employees for three weeks. Oh yeah and they have already taken money from their customers.

Advice to Management

Tell the owners that screwing over customers, employees, and every other business they come in to contact with isn't a good business plan.

"Not so Legendary"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Legend Solar Energy Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great marketing team, SunPower dealer.

Cons

The company couldn’t do payroll.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees.

"Lies, deception, and a healthy dose of nepotism"

Pros

Decent salary wages, basic health benefits but benefits none the less. Great co workers to build lifelong friendships with. Easy to get time off.

Cons

Watch the owners go on 30,000.00 hunts to Canada while you don't get paid. Lots and lots of flash marketing but no substance in operations and conversions of sales.
    Vendors refuse to do business with them. Have lost all credit lines, and must prepay on all installation goods.
    President (Father of the owner) is a loony toon that hasn't a clue in how to operate a business. He looks and acts like the Dad from Beauty and the Beast. Always looks lost and aloof to reality. Although he has a gift for learning a new word for the month and working it into every sentence.
    They make you use your personal number and phone to facilitate work, but don't compensate you for using your own personal property.
    All purchasing cards are shut down and to get the job done you must use personal funds. If you don't your job will be in jeopardy because your team didn't perform. Long story short, if you loved being abused then Legend Solar is for you!
    An old employee is being harassed by a vendor in collecting a 40,000.00 debt because Legend Solar upper management refuses to take phone calls and address the issue.

Advice to Management

Sell the business to someone who knows what they are doing, because you folks aren't cutting it. The basic function of business is paying vendors and employees, and your dream team hasn't been able to do that for quite some time.

"Crash and Burn"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint George, UT

I worked at Legend Solar Energy Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be a fun work environment.

Cons

Owners egos sunk the company. Money management issues.

Advice to Management

Stop the ponzi scheme

"Eviction notices, lies, and disappointment"

Former Employee - Solar Advisor in Saint George, UT
    Former Employee - Solar Advisor in Saint George, UT

I worked at Legend Solar Energy Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People do nothing but they still get paid, some employees were great people to work with. Good benefits and a great 401k package

Cons

There was an eviction notice here at the main corporate office informing we had to evacuate premises if payment was not processed. Most of the electrical companies in town will not work with the company anymore due to the massive debt Legend has accumulated during the years (I’m talking about millions)

Advice to Management

Quit telling lies, I️ still remember to this day, we were told we were not getting our direct deposit because of a technical difficulty through Magellan but in reality corporate had no funds and then when we received our checks Jed told us not to cash our checks until we were told to do (sound fishy?) management just be honest

"Money mismanagement, super basic benefits, management lies to customers and employees"

I worked at Legend Solar Energy Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

it was decent as far as time off went

Cons

bad management, lies, encouragement to lie to customers, cutting of benefits, company running out of money, missing payroll, lies to employees about health of company. NEPOTISM!!!

Advice to Management

Get your head out of your butts and listen to the people who know more than you do. Which is pretty much everyone, everyone seems to know your company is failing, except you, but you made your millions, so you don't seem to care.

I haven't seen anyone fired because they didn't do their job, I only saw people fired when they didn't want to lie to customers, when they spoke up or asked questions. Overall, the employees were pretty awesome and got the job done well. Besides upper management, they almost always were dragging the company down and some of them have zero idea what they are doing, but nepotism is strong at Legend Solar.

"employee"

I have been working at Legend Solar Energy Systems full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, opportunity for advancement, friendly co-workers, installing the best solar modules on the market, good wages and benefits.

Cons

You have to use your personal phone, so people contact you at all hours and days of the week. Lack of accountability and leadership.

Advice to Management

Put customer satisfaction first

"Owners misuse company funds and don't hold to their word, lack integrity"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Legend Solar Energy Systems as a contractor

Pros

Benefits are pretty good, they work with people when mistakes are made.

Cons

The company can't seem to get any money. The owners seem to have 40k to go on a trip to the PGA tour, and you know it was on the company dime. Because who in the right mind wouldn't make that a tax right off. The owners aren't even taking a cut in their pay, and they are having trouble even buying panels, and are making all this money.

The owners said back in December that they would call all the customers to take care of them and tell them of our delays and that they wouldn't get installed before the years end.

Then they put it on the salesman to call the customers and didn't take responsibility for their actions of wasting company money over the years and racking up 7 million in debt that they can't pay off and get panels. I left after they asked us to call the customers, because they didn't keep true to their word and they always talk about integrity.

Legend Solar won't last for another couple years at all. Because the owners keep taking the money for themselves. If the owners were smart, they would take a cut in pay, to allow the company to prosper, they wouldn't fly everywhere on the company dime, they would drive maybe. Or they would not take a $40,000 vacation. Take a cut for right now, then increase the pay when the times are good.

Advice to Management

It is clear that the owners really should back out and give up their equity. They talk about being there for their customers and how other solar companies will be out of business. But it is clear that Shane and Shaun are in this for a quick buck and have no problem with the company going bankrupt. If they care about their company, they should take a pay cut and a lifestyle cut for a year to get things stabilized. They have wasted too much company money and Legend Solar might not make it much longer. They have affected all the people in their company negatively, but they have made their millions so they don't care what happens now. They talk about the company being family, but they surely don't act like it. One makes sacrifices for family.