Legg Mason Capital Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good place to work"

Former Intern - Web Developer Intern in Baltimore, MD
    Former Intern - Web Developer Intern in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Legg Mason Capital Management as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, friendly coworkers, many events to participate in, good place to learn and grow professionally

Cons

sometimes one can stay many hours just waiting for some work to do which can be boring

2. "Right place at wrong time"

Former Employee - Operations
    Former Employee - Operations

Pros

Good people; highly respected firm; fantastic work environment.

Cons

Market conditions during my time there resulted in a bumpy road. Fund performance suffered. People were laid off multiple times, myself included. Unfortunate. I enjoyed working here and learned a ton about the separately managed account asset managment business.

Advice to Management

N/A. LMCM eventually folded into Clearbridge.

3. "Great learning experience in an asset management setting."

Current Intern - Due Dili in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Due Dili in New York, NY

I have been working at Legg Mason Capital Management as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Learned the ins and outs of what actually goes into running a successful asset management company. Great employees and very friendly.

Cons

I can't think of too many besides the work getting monotonous and repetitive at times. It was due diligence but at times it just felt like copy and paste.

Advice to Management

Ron Dewhurst was an asset.

4. "Legg Mason is a good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Legg Mason Capital Management is definitely a great place to work at, the amount of information sharing that takes place within the firm is great, senior level management is very willing to interact with the analysts, the people in operations as well as sales and marketing. The balance that people strike at Legg Mason between work and play is great, so you do have time to have a life. The people that work there are very intelligent but not arrogant by any means.

Cons

If you are going to work at Legg Mason Capital Management you will not be receiving what you would receive at lets say a Goldman Sachs or J.P. Morgan Chase.

Advice to Management

I feel that management actually does a very good job of relaying what they are doing to everyone within the firm even if you are not directly involved with analysis or the research side of investment. I have no criticisms.