Legion (CA) Reviews

3.5
Legion (CA) CEO Alon Brener
Alon Brener
Pros
Cons
  • "the long hours will take a toll on you but if you look at the big picture it's all worthy(in 20 reviews)

• "From my time at legion I’ve picked apart the entire business and realized many flaws(in 8 reviews)

"Great Experience and Supportive Team"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Legion (CA) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management makes sure you have the training and practice needed to be successful. I feel I have learned a lot since starting. I appreciate the training and mentorship as I did not come in with any marketing experience

Cons

This is not a job to clock in and clock out. Your work ethic will determine your success.

2. COVID-19

"Working through the pandemic-Government Outreach Program"

Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at Legion (CA) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management has been extremely understanding and accommodating throughout this pandemic. We're not required to work full days so schedule flexibility has helped with the adjustments I've had to make at home. I'm grateful to have a job during these tough times and it feels good to be able help others with our services.

Cons

Because of the pandemic, you don't get to spend much time with everyone so you feel a little isolated at times.

3. "You won't be able to build a career here"

1.0
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Legion (CA) full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's easy to join the company.

Cons

You won't be able to build a career here. If you have plans on moving to the top, better go somewhere else. There's no skills or personal development programs for the employees, as there is no support at work either. Everyone goes on their own path and it's not going to the top.

4. "hell nawl"

2.0

I have been working at Legion (CA) full-time for more than a year

Pros

There were some great opportunities to learn more about yourself and your own personal strengths and weaknesses

Cons

They don't really tell you what the job is when you're hired and its definitely a weird work environment to say the least. The job is to give out free phones in low income areas all day. You can only imagine what a typical work day is like in east Oakland with merchandise and tents and tables, there isn't anywhere to run to if a homeless person is attacking you or someone is trying to rob you. The main issue was the lack of actual transparency with management and the strange vibe and work environment. I thought the management was kind of rude and give people their butt to kiss. They also have a bad habit of talking bad about people that choose to go to school and get salary jobs and its really not tasteful or professional. Overall they just sell you the dream of becoming a millionaire and like they really want you to grow with the business on your own time when quickly you see they're actually a selfish business and only care about numbers and not the people involved.

5. COVID-19

"They Truly Care"

Current Employee - Account Director in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Legion (CA) full-time for less than a year

Pros

The COVID-19 pandemic brought an interesting experience to all businesses, but with Legion they handled it gracefully. Having calls with the office weekly to give updates, answer questions, and ultimately stay connected. You could schedule individual meetings with management as well to help your personal development even further. There was a lot of effort put forth to make sure the employees were taken care of and kept informed on things that affected employment or the status of the lockdown in general, instead of being left to find out on your own.

Cons

Learning the balance of time between work and personal life. Devoting a lot of time at work can help your development, but it can become overwhelming if you don't take a step back every once in a while.

"Motivated? Come Start Your Future!!!"

Current Employee - Event Coordinator in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Legion (CA) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Legion is a great place for Self-starters that are motivated to move forward! This is a job where you get out what you put in. You can do exceptional things in a very short time depending on your personal hustle! Great place to sharpen your marketing and advertising skills, especially locally. Anyone with a A type personality, apply! If you love graphic design, apply! This is a salesman’s dream. If you desire a future where you can make your own schedule, apply!At headquarters, you’ll be working from an office that is very bright and welcoming! Legion is a sports and entertainment marketing firm, so the environment is very hip and fun. There are plenty of team building activities, with an open door policy with all management. There are several different departments catered to your particular marketing or advertising expertise! I am a current Legion employee, and I am very grateful for all of the lessons I have learned as they apply to my career and any future endeavors. Legion allows for you to have a family, a life, and a future!

Cons

If you’re not willing to work for it and bust your butt... this isn’t the place for you. Long hours, intense meetings and quotas. But if you’re a hustler who goes after what you want?! We’ll see you soon!

Continue reading

"What a brand new experience"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Legion (CA) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small office with lots of employees that care about each other. A real family culture

Cons

I haven’t experienced any cons within my time with the company

Continue reading

"Personal development / Growth opportunities prioritized"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Legion (CA) part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great work environment - Constant opportunity for growth - Easy communication with staff

Cons

- I've experienced no downsides in the workplace.

9. "Everything is Intense"

1.0
    Former Employee - Event Coordinator

I worked at Legion (CA) full-time

Pros

I got some travel opportunities.

Cons

Everything about this place is intense and deadline-driven. Most people don't have the time just to have a coffee break. It might seem exciting to some, but I found it to be a frustrating experience. I quit sooner than I had planned as the work impacted my personal life and time.

"Great coaching management"

Account Director

I worked at Legion (CA)

Pros

-1on1 coaching -sales skills - If you don’t have confidence or even you do, this will help even put that in a further level -company outings -personal/professional growth -opportunity -Management -Amazing company culture

Cons

-Requires to work hard -Honest coaching -A bit longer hours

Found 125 reviews