Leica Geosystems Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Leica Geosystems President and CEO Juergen Dold
Juergen Dold

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good work life balance, with completely flexible working time" (in 5 reviews)

• "Great benefits, good people I have the pleasure to meet along the way, many of them left to other companies along the way" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Oft viel zu konservativ Entscheidungen" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Meaningful Core Values"

Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Leica Geosystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Core values for parent company, Hexagon AB, are that it is profit-driven, professional, innovative, engaged, customer-focused, and entrepreneurial. I find that the company really does live out these values.

Yes, this means that employees are under a lot of pressure to deliver. But contrast that to a company that does not deliver profits...this means that the future would be in question. Employees are given a lot of room to drive projects without micro-management from above, and this is refreshing.
    vision-mission

Cons

The company is pretty lean, so if you're someone who does not like to be accountable for your results, then it won't be the best place for you. But don't worry... there are plenty of companies where you can go be a zombie, just not here.

As a lean organization, there's not a lot of obvious positions above you. You can make your own success with a well-considered idea to drive incremental business, but the onus is largely on you.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging the entrepreneurial, innovative culture, and invest a bit more in career development.

"Interesting Company -- Cool Products"

Former Employee - Marketing Communications in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Communications in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Leica Geosystems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very interesting and complex organization. Good opportunity to collaborate on global cross-functional teams. A lot of really smart people in sales, engineering, and product management. Great benefits.

Cons

I worked for Leica Geosystems for over 10 years. The company hired a new VP of Human Resources in 2008 with zero people skills... after that, I noticed that whenever an employee had to use FMLA due to illness or maternity, their positions were "restructured" or eliminated shortly afterwords.

"Construction and Machine Control"

Current Employee - Technical Support Field Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Support Field Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Leica Geosystems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great teamwork among coworkers. Very nice benefits package. Able to work from home and schedule travel as needed.

Cons

The perks of the job are slowly being eliminated (travel compensation, loyalty rewards, ect.). Micro-management is setting in and emphasis is being made on sales as support structure is being put more in the background. There is a lot of background politics in this company - keep that in mind because you won't see it coming...

Advice to Management

The management structure for this division has always been poor but mostly can be worked around. Improve your management or you will loose employees.

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Leica Geosystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of PTO if you have worked here for years
    Opportunities to try out development role

Cons

There is a lot of politics going on internally , and co-worker will try everything to throw you under the bus if you want to promote above them

Conflicts of interests /different ideas on completing tasks can quickly escalate to personal attack at work place on a daily basis

This is still a toxic work place of its own kind currently: people bad mouth each other behind their back, "back-stabbing" can be at a whole different level that you cannot expect

Human Resource is at its headquarter Atlanta, Georgia, so basically if you work here at the software development division , forget about HR, nobody care your problem, nobody will help you, you are on your own, simply as it...

Advice to Management

get some HR support to fix your work place

5. "Good People, Interesting Technology"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Leica Geosystems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Leica Geosystems works with a variety of interesting hardware and software measurement technologies. When our company was acquired by Leica, the focus was not on "synergies" (i.e. cost savings), but on how -- together -- we could do the best job for our customers. Still a European company at heart, the benefits were great.

Cons

As part of Hexagon, some business units can get moved around. Your fortunes after moving out of LG may vary.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

6. "Cool technology"

I have been working at Leica Geosystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laser scanners really incorporate some great hardware and software technology.

Cons

Global company has conflicting goals at times. You'll get over it.

"I really loved working here but there are a lot of politics behind the scenes"

Former Employee - Online Marketing & Ecommerce Manager in Johns Creek, GA
    Former Employee - Online Marketing & Ecommerce Manager in Johns Creek, GA

I worked at Leica Geosystems (More than a year)

Pros

They had some of the best benefits and perks I've ever had. I also enjoyed having flex hours and really liked my coworkers.

Cons

There are a lot of politics at play when you work in the Marcom division of the company. Once you start to climb that corporate ladder, others may throw you under the bus.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more oversight and leadership within certain departments. Also, it isn't fair to be asked to work overtime and not be compensated.

"It could be a great place to work"

I have been working at Leica Geosystems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good people I have the pleasure to meet along the way, many of them left to other companies along the way.

Cons

If you are not loud you don't get to move on corporate ladder. Too much politics play, rules that only create busy work for upper management and only creates more work for other employees.

Advice to Management

Learn about no managerial employees and listen to employees that spend time with customer day to day out on the field.

"Senior engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Design Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Electrical Design Engineer

I have been working at Leica Geosystems full-time

Pros

Fast paced dynamic design environment
    Great colleagues and management
    Competitive compensation

Cons

Aggressive corporate targets result in high pressure to make evolutionary not revolutionary changes

"Great Company"

I have been working at Leica Geosystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, Great company. Pretty transparent. Work is pretty enjoyable.

Cons

Lack of diversity is sort of an issue. Some areas have NO growth opportunity, which means you will have to stay in the same position for a very long time or leave the company.

Advice to Management

Be like Ken. That should be a saying around here or WWKD What Would Ken Do? He's an awesome leader with a wonderful personality, but some of his team is not the same and shouldn't be managers.