Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

United Kingdom

2.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Restoring my faith in working for the NHS"

Current Employee - Information Analyst in Leicester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Information Analyst in Leicester, England (UK)

Pros

Having worked for an NHS trust previously and some other public service organisations I normally tell the agencies 'I don't do NHS'. However, I agreed to be interviewed at Leicestershire Partnership Trust to be part of the Information Department. I have ended up working for a Business Unit here at LPT and they do mean business. I seem to be surrounded by lots of strong women who do their utmost to make LPT the best it can possiby be. There are always issues to be overcome but I am very impressed with the way people work together to do the best job in some very difficult cash-strapped situations. What is best for patients is never far away, even in a non-clinical role and I can always assume that the end goal is the same for all of us - to get and keep the patients healthy. Very impressed and very happy I took the role!
    My contracting colleagues would be amazed at the business focus of the unit I work in, as this is much more like a commercial company - getting the most out of every pound is so important these days, yet without losing the values of providing care of the highest quality. I have told the agency this, so they can pass this on to any other contracting professionals who, like me, wouldn't usually work in the NHS.

Cons

Wages poor compared to other types of company - basically the NHS is getting an experienced IT professional for the price of someone more junior. I have over 20 years exerience in data and this is definitely not reflected in my daily rate.

Advice to Management

Back up your staff. Listen to them. They know what needs doing.

2. "Managers lip service care of both front line staff and patients"

Former Employee - Specialist Nurse in Leicester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Specialist Nurse in Leicester, England (UK)

I worked at Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Public sector benefits including holiday and pension

Cons

Too many to mention.
    Tick box mentality
    Lip service 'care' for patients, this is not down to front line nursing staff, this is filtered down from senior managers.
    Little respect for skilled experienced clinical staff
    Continual restructuring, packaging/labelling up changes as enhancing patient experience, this is untrue, it's cost saving.
    Too little staff working over and beyond to deliver an impossible service.
    I would not recommend working at Leicestershire Partnership Trust, there are so many more places to work as a clinician where salaries are as good & treatment is far superior.
    Just read their staff satisfaction survey.

Advice to Management

Be honest to staff and the public
    Keeping staff in constant fear of either being investigated or restructured is not how to treat your most valuable resource.
    Pushing staff to breaking point will only result in high staff turnover, increase sickness & falling patient satisfaction.

"Let down!"

Former Employee - Senior Nurse in Leicester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Nurse in Leicester, England (UK)

I worked at Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Regular income, holiday pay and all the things you take for granted with a job in the public sector.

Cons

Well there is so many. In my experience as a senior nurse you are let down with just too many people looking after their own interests rather than concentrating on a common purpose. The management has really messed up with the numberous restructuring processes of the service. So much public money wasted with the expensive services from outside consultants in decimating the service. The focus on patient outcomes has long gone, most staff seem concerned about preserving their own salaries and just making sure targets are met. What a shame things have come to this when the service could be so much better. I was really let down by the general lack of support as is so many others who had such passion and expertise to provide a fantastic service, patient focused and meaningful. The only way to get on and work here is if you just like making sure the boxes are ticked and you play the numbers game. I would not advise anyone to join this trust it really won't look after you and you will be expected not to care for your patients!
    One last gripe is that there was a number of staff who really do not do their job properly and the culture is just not to do anything, maybe some get given extra supervision but this is not effective and they continue to do as they please and probably will continue to do so. Nobody has any guts to stop this culture and it is extremely destructive for anyone that genuinely does a good job.

Advice to Management

Just get real and seriously look at what you are doing to the service. You should value your experienced staff but I think this is too late now, lets just hope we don't need to use the service as there will be nothing left soon, if you carry on destroying it.