Leisure Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Dan B. Madsen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Leadership from the home Office is quick to respond and very effective (in 3 reviews)

• good company support,culture,training, and sales efforts (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • In the years that I worked there I saw the home office continue to go into odd tangents (in 3 reviews)

• unprofessional, not great management really low pay (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The best company with the best people who share honesty and integrity as strong moral values."

Current Employee - Corporate Office in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Corporate Office in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Leisure Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Positive environment, people with a great sense of humor, opportunity to grow, always learning, always have a desire to do better, fun!

Cons

I hate to be a cliché and tell you that there aren't any cons, but it really is hard to come up with significant cons. If you have a positive attitude, are willing to have an open mind, and come to work every day and do your best to make a positive impact on people then it is the perfect company.

Advice to Management

Let's grow!

"Wages v. Work"

I have been working at Leisure Care full-time

Pros

Friendly people, main office support, enthusiasm, good company for the most part.

Cons

Low wages at community level, too many VPs and Directors at home office that seem to do the same thing, redundancy.

Advice to Management

Higher, livable wages, more work/life balance, more appreciation of employees from management, keep things simple, less minutia rules and regs, trust employees.

Aug 18, 2017 – Digital Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback. We’re happy to hear that you feel supported in your role and you enjoy the people you work with. If you’re open to discussing further, I would like to talk with you about... More

"Poor management"

Current Employee - Caregiver in Oro Valley, AZ
    Current Employee - Caregiver in Oro Valley, AZ

I have been working at Leisure Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The residents are very nice. The residents are very nice. The residents are very nice.

Cons

Poor management, lack of communication, meals are not prepared for those with special dietary needs. It's the same meals over and over again . Care givers Spend more time taking care of Independent residents then those on assisted living .

Advice to Management

Get some real managers who can manage

Dec 8, 2017 – Digital Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback. At Leisure Care, we strive to create a healthy and happy work environment for our residents and staff. If you have specific concerns you are willing to discuss, I... More

"Empathy is a good thing, when you have it."

I worked at Leisure Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Seem to care about residents. Food is good. Lots of locations. Upper management is very well paid. Some good perks.

Cons

Heartless. Seems to be all about the money. Doesn't seem to have empathy for employees in dire situations who could use some help and understanding. Doesn't seem to want to hear both sides of a story. Even when openly discussed with management, there is no care or offer to help or sympathy. Just a cold look and a shrug of the shoulder.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and understand that sometimes empathy and trying to help an employee is not such a bad thing, especially when the employee is part of a successful team, but the employee has temporarily fallen on hard times. Show a little heart and soul and care for the employees.

Sep 27, 2017 – Digital Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you being candid and vulnerable with us, and we’re sorry you went through a difficult time. We strive to create a culture that is welcoming and supportive... More

"Polarizing"

Current Employee - Administration
    Current Employee - Administration

I have been working at Leisure Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules. Non exempt employees are a blast to work with.

Cons

Management worries a lot more than they let on about "the budget". Quotations needed for emphasis since you learn pretty quickly that is what it's all about. Place is noticeably understaffed to the detriment of the over all care and experience of not just employees but residents. Company "culture" is very hit and miss; almost unnatural feeling. Raises and proper employee compensation (despite being a company standard) is on a when we feel like it basis - your building not "performing"? Time to let hourly workers without raises or timely evaluations - meanwhile other departments are egregiously over paid for minimal efforts. Job descriptions are a formality because you will be doing tasks below or above your pay grade due to said understaffing/inability of others. If you complain to the right people it usually means more work for others and less for yourself. Attrition rate amongst employees is very high specially in key departments. Hiring seems to be based on who will take the lowest salary/hourly rate. Nepotism can be rampant and made worse by having lots of family or friends of family take over unfilled positions (despite the obvious conflict of interest). The list is very long, so I digress.

Advice to Management

While the company jargon may be a thing at the overly expensive corporate office, don't under estimate how often the expensive suits pontificating meaningless words and flag toting makes you actually look to an hourly worker. The gestures are at best naive and at worst narcissistically out of touch. Invest in the product down to the lowest paid dishwasher and watch actual growth happen.

Jul 11, 2017 – Digital Marketing Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We strive to create a work environment that respects all of our employees and allows the opportunity for success. Our company culture is... More

"Food Services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

I worked at Leisure Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Residents and there Animals.

Cons

Shady employees do what they want. Management in the clouds as to what is happening or is part of it. It used to be so much better than now.

Advice to Management

Wake up. It used to be so good. Or get out and let someone else that cares shows through the actions of that you take.

Aug 2, 2017 – Digital Marketing Director

Thank you for your feedback. We find your comments concerning since our residents and employees are our number one priority. If you have specific concerns you are willing to discuss; please contact... More

"Love what you do and feel it matters!"

Current Employee - Guest Service Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Guest Service Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Leisure Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Many of the management team have actually worked in communities and understand day to day activities . They encourage autonomy and trust their staff to make good decisions.

Cons

Pay scale is low compared to other similar positions.

Advice to Management

Keep offering training, encouragement and the three thirds lifestyle!

8. "General Manager"

I have been working at Leisure Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture and atmosphere. The company truly cares about their employees.

Cons

I cannot say 1 bad word about this company

9. "Sales Advisor"

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Kennewick, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Kennewick, WA

I have been working at Leisure Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is so full of life and energy. They truly care about their employees and their residents.

Cons

No cons working for Leisure Care

"Strongly Recommend!"

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Leisure Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Leisure Care operates from proven core values and principles. They don’t just preach these values, they demonstrate them every day and expect the employees to also live and work by them. As a general manager, I had the opportunity to work in three different communities over my 12-year career. I always felt supported in what I was doing, and with the decisions I made running my building. I witnessed many times how we supported each other at the community level and how that support was recognized and applauded from home office leadership. If you have the desire and necessary leadership skills to grow with the company there will be opportunity for you.

Cons

None. It can be tough at times but what worthwhile doesn’t come with challenges? If you build a strong team by providing the training, tools, and support they need to be successful, and as the leader of the community live the core values of the company you will be supported by your team (and the home office) and be able to get through the challenging and difficult times that every successful business goes through.

Advice to Management

Stay the course!