LeisureLink Reviews | Glassdoor

Julian Castelli

1. "Better than most"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

It was a great place to work, with a diverse group of people and a pleasant atmosphere. I never dreaded going to work. They had PTO, Floating Holidays, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, and A 401 (k) with a 50% match of up to 6%. They were also very flexible if you needed to request a day off.

Cons

It was easy for some people to slack off and not get noticed.

2. "Disastrous CTO"

Former Employee - Professional Services Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Professional Services Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at LeisureLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some fine people. Fun space to be in. Cool technologies. Got to work with AirBnB, Homeaway, and other industry leaders

Cons

Textbook case study of mismanagement that resulted in multi-million dollar waste on technology initiatives.

Advice to Management

Don't try it again.

"A Company That Nee"

Current Employee - Account Support in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Support in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LeisureLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible, laid back environment.

Cons

Everyday feels like I'm just trying to burn out fires. No performance reviews, bonuses, or raises in the 2+ years I was here.

Advice to Management

Got to solidify all your technology before you start selling to a large number of clients and be able to deliver.

"Working hard for what?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at LeisureLink (Less than a year)

Pros

my boss is somewhat flexible with my schedule.

Cons

Working at this company is like being a fire fighter without water. Tools are broken, management isn't available, and I don't feel appreciated. I have a queue of work that never ends with no critical issues being resolved.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring people to manage and start hiring people to solve problems.

"Doesn't value employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at LeisureLink full-time

Pros

Good for experience, alright benefits, nice building to work in, free food sometimes.

Cons

Under paid for overqualified people. Everything is broken and the company is constantly hemorrhaging money. tech support doesn't fix anything. No flexibility or time off allowed. Never any performance reviews, bonuses or raises. Hard work doesn't get noticed. Company seems like they are trying to get ahead of themselves too much without making sure their infrastructure is in place and working correctly. A lot of inter company pass offs of people who don't want to deal with something and they send it down a ladder for others to fix. Everyday seems like you are just trying to clean up messes and management doesn't do anything to prevent problems from happening. They hire outside people for management positions who have no experience using the software systems we use and don't know how to answer system errors you may encounter. Company seems like it has been on the downhill for awhile. Not sure how much longer it is going to last with the direction it has been going. The company has no problem losing hundreds of thousands of dollars on easily preventable problems but refuses to pay their employees more than minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Make sure you have a solid base before trying to build something. Get your technology in order before selling your services to clients. Listen to your employees and what's not working and stop making the same mistakes over and over again. I have seen this company lose hundreds of thousands of dollars. Give bonuses and pay your employees what they are worth and treat them better.

"Best company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at LeisureLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been in the Vacation Rental industry for several years, and in sales my entire career. This is the most supportive team of people I have had the privilege to work for. I am consistently encouraged, given the support I need, given help to find productive solutions, and find everyone positive and pleasant to work with. This is the first company I can say I have worked for where I genuinely like every single person I work with and consider them not just colleagues but friends, and trust their integrity as people.

In my position (Account Executive/ Sales) I am also able to work remotely from home, which works really well for me. I travel a lot and enjoy a healthy work/ life balance.

Cons

There are a lot of changes as we are constantly updating and integrating with new systems. This requires a being able to adjust to constant change, and roll with the punches, as well as deal with managing customer expectations. I don't necessarily find this a negative, but it takes the right type of person to be able to deal with constant change and not be frustrated by it.

Advice to Management

Continue to implement processes to streamline customer experiences and enable sales, account management and onboarding to work together effectively. Keep up the good work :)

LeisureLink Response

Jun 22, 2016 – COO

Thank you for the positive review!

8. "Growing Fast. Plenty of Opportunities."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at LeisureLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company cares about growing and growing in the right ways. For technology, we try to stay ahead of the industry where it makes sense. We focus on quality and try to build processes and tools to help us succeed and go as fast as we can while maintaining that quality. We put an emphasis on services and APIs. We move fast and believe in our product.

Cons

There are growing pains. Some individuals can't keep up with a fast moving company and I'm not sure who's to blame for that. We need to stay focused on the long term and what will provide the best value to us and our customers. Sometimes our processes and tools slow us down; this is usually fixed after a few sprints.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the competition in terms of culture & compensation. We have so much to offer prospective employees, let's not let something so small stop them from improving our team and products.

9. "An exciting company in an even more exciting industry!"

Current Employee - Vice President Partner Program in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Vice President Partner Program in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Perfect Business School case. Exciting industry. Fragmented Market. Fun and motivated people. A supportive culture. An exciting place to come to work every day.

Cons

The industry of many Acronyms!

Advice to Management

Carpe Diem!

10. "Excellent Company with Great Opportunities and Culture"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at LeisureLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at LeisureLink is sometimes like not working at all. The culture of the company is so open and friendly that days go by quickly. As a quickly growing company, there are always new opportunities available to all employees to learn about different fields and expand their roles in the company. Each employee is truly valued for his or her hard work and it shows through company sponsored parties, events, and treat days. LeisureLink is almost like a home away from home and a great company to work for.

Cons

The only con is that the Salt Lake office is in such a beautiful place it makes staying indoors hard!

11. "Senior Account Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

Great Work Environment! I have never been happier. I honestly cant give enough praise about the improvement of customer service, staff and management. They take care of the associates and it engages us to take care of the customer even better. It doesn't matter your title, this company is one of the most fast growing, innovative, and respectable companies I have ever worked for. Your opinion counts! Feels like family, instead of a team.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything bad. If you are not prepared for change and a fast pace growing company. Then this company isn't for you. Change is good in my eyes.

Advice to Management

You all are doing a great job. Thank you for picking me to join this Elite Team.