Lemonade Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 28, 2020

4.7
Lemonade Co-Founder and CEO Daniel Schreiber
Daniel Schreiber
Pros
  • "Absolutely amazing company culture -- and not by accident(in 5 reviews)

• "And don't get me started with the social good and impact this company does(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing fast so hard to keep the closeness between employees but exciting nevertheless(in 3 reviews)

• "Work-life balance is challenging, but after all that is a startup(in 3 reviews)

"I’ve been at Lemonade for about 1.5 years and it’s been an amazing experience"

I have been working at Lemonade full-time for more than a year

Pros

-It’s untraditional in so many ways, but that allows for a lot of creative thinking that isn’t encouraged in your typical work place -Amazing, brilliant, inspiring and supportive people -Great benefits

Cons

No cons! Love Lemonade <3

Lemonade2020-02-10

"Pay more for top talent"

Former Employee - Claims in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Lemonade full-time for more than a year

Pros

Freedom to create, stock options, free food

Cons

No work from home option, core of the business is not built out, lack of leadership who have worked in insurance

Lemonade2020-02-28

"Keep your head low"

Former Employee - Claims Advocate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Lemonade full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun coworkers. Energetic team. Great mission

Cons

Terrible management. Unqualified team leads. Keep your job if you conform. Lose it if you stand out

Lemonade2019-11-23

"SIU Advocate, If asked to come back the answer would be a resounding NO."

I worked at Lemonade

Pros

- Cool office - free snacks

Cons

- Morally and Ethically unsound - subpar compensation - High turnover - No HR - Authoritarian leadership The company hired several people to found SIU at Lemonade. None of them are with the company via both voluntary or involuntary separation. The company will hire you with certain expectations like being an actual “fraud investigator”. Turns out, this is not what the company is looking for. Your morals and ethics may be challenged, and if you raise concerns, you will be involuntarily separated like the founding members of SIU.

Lemonade2019-12-05
  5. "Gets better and better - almost too good to be true"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Lemonade full-time for less than a year

Pros

-company listens to it's employees (ie: multiple people expressed interest in a 401K match program and within months, it was rolled out) -you don't feel the hierarchy, truly feels like we're all in this together -incredible company culture: exciting, inclusive, cozy, a great environment to be in day-to-day -so much autonomy, you are pushed to learn and grow but trusted to do your work without handholding. you make the role and the work your own. you're given that opportunity day one. -the mission, the brand: we are doing something big and we feel this every day

Cons

-the company is still evolving despite being unusually organized for a tech startup. Employees have be ready to be flexible and pivot on a dime in terms of processes, procedures, and new ideas. This is bad but could be something not many are used to. You have to be ready for that.

Lemonade2019-10-30
  6. "Amazing team, strong values, and inspiring place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Lemonade full-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely amazing company culture -- and not by accident! The leadership team at Lemonade takes great care to build and maintain a strong team and collaborative company culture, and it shows. Through little things like snacks and happy hours, and big things like transparency and taking a stance on important issues like climate change and gun control, Lemonade is focused on making your time in the office fun and meaningful. The team here is super-smart, hard-working, and focused on doing good. Working for a company that is transforming an entire industry for the better and that gives back to communities in real, impactful ways is truly inspiring. Having worked for other companies where culture is secondary to the bottom line (if even a consideration at all), and where giving back is a PR-move rather than a core value, I find Lemonade to be a breath of fresh air and an exciting place to work!

Cons

A lot is expected of all employees -- which is both a challenge and an incredible opportunity. No matter your role, you are able to make a meaningful impact. At first this can be somewhat intimidating, but you quickly realize that everyone within the company is rooting for your success and working towards a common goal.

Lemonade2019-09-30

"Best company ever!!!"

Current Employee - Claims Advocate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Lemonade full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company culture, health benefits, compensation, vacation time, sick day policy, work/life balance, awesome management, growth opportunities

Cons

No 401k matching, that’s all I can think of!

Lemonade2019-09-12

"Great Company, Amazing People, Fantastic Environment"

Current Employee - Underwriting Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Lemonade full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was originally hired as a temp to do normal customer service work and then was brought on permanently for Underwriting. I began in January, and waited to post a review because I was waiting for the other shoe to drop. There is no other shoe. I used to roll my eyes when I heard companies say "We are a family", but it truly feels that way at Lemonade. I have genuinely never worked in such a pleasant environment. All of my team members are sincerely nice, intelligent, and funny. Work-life balance is a huge priority, and managers are hands-on and check in to make sure we don't get burned out.

Cons

The office is cold. That's it.

Lemonade2019-07-19

"Good long term outlook"

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Lemonade full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast growth, overall well thought out strategic thinking. Good marketing and branding Potential to IPO

Cons

No training and moving early employees up in the firm, outside hires only. Politics

Lemonade2019-07-08

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Claims Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Lemonade full-time for less than a year

Pros

You are trusted to manage yourself and your work No micromanaging Free Food Relaxed atmosphere Your individual feedback is important and valued Individual employees are valued as part of a team

Cons

Lack of structure, however since the company is new this is being developed.

Lemonade2019-04-03