KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Lemonade Co-Founders and CEOs Daniel Schreiber and Shai Wininger
Daniel Schreiber and Shai Wininger

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Also the pay is low but they will try to convince you it’s not.(in 11 reviews)
  • "No training and moving early employees up in the firm, outside hires only.(in 7 reviews)
  • "management is absent, expected to do things outside of job responsibilities and label it “teamwork”(in 7 reviews)
  • "Outright and mentioned favoritism to create “healthy” competition when in reality, creates a toxic work environment making many feel less than.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Insurance isn't always sexy, and learning the legal / financial ins and outs of this industry can be frustrating and time(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lemonade and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Lemonade for the win!

Aug 4, 2022 - Operations in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great working experience and supportive leads

Cons

Unfortunately not the best compensation

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fast, Fun and getting better

Jul 8, 2022 - Customer Experience Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast pace, awesome benefits, remote/wfh! This is such a more satisfying job than I have had in my past. Leadership and the company actually cares about you. I have only been with the company a little over a year and it was rocky for the first couple of months but things are like that in the beginning. Lately work is busier than usual but that is because of the moving season. Our teams are working better across other lines of business and I am getting to connect more with other team members and leaders that I didn’t even know before.

Cons

We use slack a lot here and it is really hard to keep up with all of the different channels. In the past we didn’t have as much leadership attention to the people who were just choosing not to work as hard as everyone else and some of our leaders “liked” them so they got a way with it. That has changed and those people are gone.

3. 4.0

Feedback

Jul 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and they hire some amazing, smart and lovely people. Really do believe they are trying to turn insurance from a necessary evil to a social good and they really do try to prioritize employee and customer happiness.

Cons

Only con is they seem to care about employee happiness with more trivial things (alcohol, food, happy hours, ect). I would love to see more professional/ serious investment in amazing employees. We have lost some amazing people recently because a lot of folks do not feel appreciated, especially in these company support roles. We bust our butts and then have to wait 2 years for a raise and have unclear feedback from managers, and always too many cooks in this kitchen/unclear goals on things asked of us. I have been here a while and in a constant state of hoping all the "we will be better and get you guys support, all this hard work will pay off" speeches will come true but I am losing faith!

4. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The funny thing about getting promoted is...

Jul 31, 2022 - Pet Claims in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Free health care

Cons

I used to agree with many reviews here about the lack of growth potential, the ironic thing is recently learning how understaffed, micromanaged and overwhelming the next step of a "promotion" would be, I honeslty do not want one anymore. I would rather leave the company than be promoted to the BS I've witnessed people with that promotion go through. I also used to think we were short staffed "temporarily" but over the year that I've been here I see that being short staffed IS the business model. They don't plan to ever fix that, they somehow think it is maybe cheaper or better for the company to have a revolving door of employees? Make it make sense. I have retracted all conversations with management about growing within the company, moving to another team etc because I would be jumping from the frying pan into the fire honestly. I am just floating by riding out the free health insurance as long as I can, but as soon as a better opportunity comes up at another company I'm out of here.

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Really disappointing

Jul 26, 2022 - Customer Experience Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some great people, fun events and parties, company swag.

Cons

Really poor hiring choices, especially in management, has really poisoned the well and ruined a good thing. Pay is not where it needs to be. They'll tell you we are competitive but far too many people work 2nd or even 3rd jobs to make ends meet. There's now a culture run by "yes men" who get ahead by towing the line and maintaining the status quo. As a result the company is no longer the agile disrupter it once was. The quality of employees hired really dropped and I don't know if they'll ever fully recover from the damage it caused. They layed off 52 customer service people, many of whom honestly should not have been hired in the first place, but the morale hit will take a long time to heal. Week after week more and more of the really inspiring and talented people put in their notice because unless you suck up to the right people you have no hope of advancing. The name of the game is now sit down and shut up, creating a tragically passionless team.

6 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Mismanaged with too many cooks in the kitchen!

Jun 19, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits and perks such as free rewards such as Ubereats and Doordash. You also have the option to work remotely.

Cons

They have several managers and leads that don't know much about anything. You should not be in a leadership position if you cannot lead. That is very frustrating to employees who have their act together. Plus, they're a lot of people who work there that have their own ulterior motives and it affects the whole team with their actions. If you ask for help or something you may need to make your position a bit easier, you get false promises. I think the CEO has good intentions and okayish vision for the company but if you really read between the lines and look at the fine print of things you will see that it is just lip service and then it comes down to the saying "Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see" I left this company overall because it seemed as if the blind was leading the blind and my time is valuable and I didn't want to waste it any further. The overall training sucked as well.

10 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0
    Current Employee

So Much Wasted Potential

Jul 17, 2022 - Team Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Give Back Program, Company Events, Benefits

Cons

Favoritism, Lack of Diversity in Leadership, Inexperienced Leadership, Manual Processes, Systems that don't work correctly, overworked customer service staff

10 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Well that changed fast

Jun 4, 2022 - CX Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They pay for your license The benefit package Little gifts and gift cards Some team leads are great Easy to contact anyone in the company The customers

Cons

The leadership style of Lemonade has done a complete 180. The transparency I experienced when I first started is totally gone. The empathy for employees, gone. I can’t believe how they treated the 52 employees they laid off and I can’t believe how they treated the rest of that got to keep our jobs. Doubled our workload and no pay change. We are understaffed in a lot of departments. It’s not a horrible place to work just not as good as when I first started. You’ll need to watch your back because they will fire you with no notice. Also the pay is low but they will try to convince you it’s not.

19 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Delightful place to work

Aug 3, 2022 - Underwriting Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom to take on new projects and build new processes. Wonderful people to work with. Great benefits.

Cons

Currently I don't have any.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Great company

Jul 20, 2022 - Pet Claims Advocate in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health benefits are amazing, work from home is the best thing to ever happen, teammates are great, and I get recognized for my hard work often. They send lots of random gifts throughout the year as well.

Cons

Pay might be a little lower than other companies. Kind if overwhelming with all the new updates and all of the channels on slack to keep up with.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 333 Reviews

Lemonade Reviews FAQs

Lemonade has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 352 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Lemonade to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Lemonade employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Lemonade. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

73% of Lemonade employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Lemonade 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Lemonade to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Lemonade Job Seekers