Len Druskin Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Michael Druskin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Not great, not terrible."

Former Employee - Receiving Associate
    Former Employee - Receiving Associate

I worked at Len Druskin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They pay higher than average for starting wages.

Cons

The company never felt stable while I was working there. I was always afraid that the business was going to go under and I would lose my job.

Benefits weren't great. They were offered, but at a minimum. There's no 401k program.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to try something new. Utilize employees to their full potential. Many who work there have backgrounds and degrees in retail merchandising and may be able to offer new insights and/or ideas for the business.

2. "The Druskin's should be ashamed of themselves"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Key Holder
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Key Holder

I worked at Len Druskin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Higher pay than most retail jobs but at the cost of your insanity???

Cons

Complete disregard for employees. The owner would ignore employees when they spoke to him. Regional manager has no communication skills, was very gossipy, and downright mean (down talking/berating employees). The owners have closed their doors on loyal employees 2x without any notice and are currently holding employee paychecks for work completed and didn't even have the decency to tell former employees themselves.

Advice to Management

Get out of the retail business.

3. "Decent Job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Keyholder in Blooming Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Keyholder in Blooming Prairie, MN

I worked at Len Druskin part-time

Pros

decent pay, easy work, easy to request time off

Cons

so much drama in the workplace, lots of cliques

4. "Interesting Experience"

Former Employee - Management Consultant in Edina, MN
    Former Employee - Management Consultant in Edina, MN

I worked at Len Druskin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Since it is a smaller retail company, you are able to learn a lot more about the entire business. They pay pretty well for a retail company.

Cons

There is a lot of drama and cliques. Hard work doesn't pay off. You have to be in with the right people and good at brown nosing.

Advice to Management

Management needs to recognize hard work and not make it so political. It doesn't motivate employees to work hard.

5. "Overall a great retail company"

I worked at Len Druskin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company has a great customer following
    I received excellent pay
    Company offered an excellent benefits package
    I enjoyed being able to see and track my own personal sales - this was a great motivating tool as I enjoy friendly competition. It was very rewarding for me to see how much personal improvement I made over the 3 years I worked there.

Cons

Not enough opportunity for growth (at that time - things may be different now)
    Not enough focus on developing staff for additional responsibilities (at that time - things may be different now)
    Long hours (sometimes working 10-11 hours - over-time pay was great though - I think this varies depending on location).

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You're running a very successful business. My only suggestion would be - trust your employees to take on more responsibilities.

6. "When I started I loved the company, lately it has felt disorganized & there is very poor communication among management"

I have been working at Len Druskin part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starting pay is definitely better than most retail companies. It is local, so you know everyone in the company--it really does feel like a family. Great co-workers. Flexibility for part-time associates.

Cons

Lack of professionalism and respect for sales associates by management, as well as poor communication among workers and management. Lack of training and uniformity throughout stores.

Advice to Management

Len is very different from almost every other clothing retailer in the way that it is run, which isn't a bad thing in some aspects because employee morale is generally very high, but in other aspects it negatively impacts the stores, and therefore the company as a whole. Communication and organization needs to be better. And the professionalism of some management/higher-up employees needs attention.

7. "Good people, bad protocol"

Former Employee - Keyholder in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Keyholder in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Len Druskin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees are good people, the product is well-tailored to the customer, and the business is family owned and operated.

Cons

There is virtually no management structure and no protocol in place to deal with issues that arise at specific stores or across the company.

This often results in the lower management and even hourly employees handling operations that they aren't prepared to, only to be criticized for their performance later.

Ownership and operation management is currently being transferred from Len Druskin to Michael Druskin, his son. To say that employees feel the awkward nature and power struggle involved with the slow replacement is a drastic understatement.

Advice to Management

Bite the bullet and fully transfer ownership. The company and brand will change, but that's the name of the game.

Get some real protocols in place to assist your in-store management. No one, hourly employees especially, should constantly feel as though they've been left to deal with a situations outside of their training and designated responsibilities.

8. "best employer i've had"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Len Druskin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay is well. great team environment

Cons

days are slow. standard retail work hours

9. "Growth opportunities, fast past environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Len Druskin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, energetic atmosphere where all share the love for fashion.

Cons

Structure is lacking- small business growing pains as they begin the next level.

Advice to Management

Store managers need to be given tools and training so they can perform the way upper management intends them to. Training overall needs more attention.

10. "Former Employee"

I have been working at Len Druskin full-time

Pros

The company gives great discounts to employees and used to offer great benefits. The starting salaries and wages are pretty good compared to other retail companies.

Cons

The employees are clicky and owners are overly controlling. There are no Holiday's, overtime, bonuses or reviews. You are expected to work or be available to work 24/7. The company is very political. Information isn't shared across departments and the organization structure isn't clear. Job descriptions aren't properly defined. Salaries and wages are decent when starting, but no growth.