Lenda Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Jason van den Brand

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fast Pace Work Environment and HUGE Growth Opportunities"

I have been working at Lenda full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team is passionate and selfless. CEO is mission driven and surrounds himself with likeminded individuals which truly want to build a better wat to get a mortgage.

Cons

Can have longer hours. Sometimes there are "all hands on deck" situations which require working odd hours, though that's the nature of a startup.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring energetic and passionate people

"Dont Believe the HYPE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lenda full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

"Some" of the people here are great. Startup idea is grand.

Cons

Took remote working after it was perk to accept job, unlimited pto is in question, doesn't stick to word, not transparent as they "say"

Advice to Management

Management is one sided, some managers are only in it for the title and position "status quo",
    Management should really manage and with the understanding that they are managing adults not adolescents.
    Talk to employee not at employee.
    Please Follow all labor laws.
    Management should not be NONE sympathetic to others

"Chaos"

I worked at Lenda full-time

Pros

Innovate, pushing boundries, some nice people.

Cons

Disorganized, clueless about the industries macro trends and how to execute.

4. "CREATIVE VISION from a GREAT COMPANY with an AMAZING TEAM"

I have been working at Lenda full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like the open-door policy and transparency here. Everyone has the same goal and works hard to get there. There are no egos with an amazing team-first environment. There is unlimited potential for growth with many opportunities to expand your role and impact.

Cons

Parking is horrible in downtown San Francisco

5. "Operations"

I have been working at Lenda full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Once I learned the company is trying to fix the soooo-broker mortgage industry, I decided to give it a try~~ . Just like every Start-up company, it's very challenging and a bit chaotic but it never lacks great ideas, and solutions....
    Lenda will fix the broken mortgage finance industry.

Cons

None other than .....I sit in the corner.

Advice to Management

keep the culture, and work on better benefits once the circumstance allows.

6. "Fun, hard-working, industry-changing, so much potential!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lenda (Less than a year)

Pros

Phenomenal people. We have people who are both great people and great at their jobs. The most supportive, all-in-this-together work environment I've had.
    Clear vision for the company and industry the whole team has adopted. Everyone takes ownership for their work and making the company the best it can be.
    LOs who are there for their Operations team. Most banks don't have that.
    Well-funded with a path to additional VC investment.
    Impressively skilled management team in their areas of expertise.
    Good benefits, including unlimited PTO!

Cons

Unclear work streams across the team.
    Clear vision for the company, but little planning on how to get from "today" to "there"
    Too many meetings & distracting office environment.

Advice to Management

Not nimble enough for our size. Focus on firefighting small issues instead of focus on the mission-critical is making us slow to adapt.

7. "Let's Change the Industry"

I have been working at Lenda full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the primary reasons you jump into a startup is to build something awesome. You are empowered at Lenda to think beyond your role and are given the support, education, and opportunity to develop and execute your ideas. Everyone's opinion matters here. No one is beyond criticism and we are all willing to dish it out with the understanding that we care about our mission and its success. THAT is why working here is awesome. No, it's not easy. You don't come here for a job. You come here to hustle. You reap what you sow and that's the way it should always be.

Cons

It's a grind, for sure. That can be a pro for a lot folks. There are no guarantees. How many startups are successful? You can't help but keep that near in your mind. At times, we can be a bit conservative with our decision-making. The mission is clear but the path isn't.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower your employees. Delegate, trust, and charge forward. This industry is a rapidly changing beast and there are already so many out there trying to evolve. We need to remain aggressive and constantly work to flesh out big ideas. As you guys are already aware, we are in the center of SF tech. Let's get to a point where we are all able to live within proximity of our HQ.

"Ambitious company with an excellent team"

Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lenda full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Company is seeking a new approach to a traditional financial industry- this is a good place to work if you're excited about changing the way things are done and seeking escape from stagnation.
    - Ambitious and competent co-workers. Everyone pulls their weight and pitches in wherever and however needed.
    - Positive work environment- co-workers support one another in myriad ways. Very little negativity in the office and in daily operations. Focus is always on "What can we do to fix it" rather than "Who's to blame?"
    - Company encourages growth and ambition in those who are driven to seek out and pursue their personal/career development.
    - Startup culture. Not only is the company itself a startup, but currently the office is located in a startup "incubator" alongside several other startups.
    - Management always tries to keep "the big picture" in mind, both financially and culturally, in order to not lose our identity as a company in our growth

Cons

- People who are not able to self-start, and who are not able to take control of and be accountable for their own role at a company tend not to perform well here. Those who want to sit back be told what to do and how to do it at all times, and don't advocate for themselves and/or seek out guidance tend not to do well.
    - As a young startup there is still a lot of movement in determining management/internal structure, and we sometimes experience the confusion that can result from that. Internal organization and procedure have progressed dramatically over the past 6+ months and are an ongoing process.

Advice to Management

Continue to establish a flexible and adaptable internal structure without losing the company's culture of egalitarianism and employee self-accountability.

Strive to focus on promoting internal growth and career progress for performing employees in order to keep the best employees invested in the company.

"Amazing People, Great Company, Bright Future"

Current Employee - Marketer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lenda full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really like the open door & transparent vibe here at Lenda, everyone is approachable and easy going yet hardworking and focused.

Cons

parking is hard in SF

Advice to Management

Keep-up the great work

"Amazing culture and quality of life"

Current Employee - Full Stack Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Full Stack Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lenda full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible-yet-professional environment, emphasis on transparency (internal and external) fosters positive attitudes, amazing office space and location.

Cons

I'm ruined for all other places of employment?