Lender Processing Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Lender Processing Services Reviews

Updated August 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Able to work from home, flexible hours, agile environment (in 12 reviews)

• Good Benefits, Great People, Great Pay (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • No raises, particularly for promotions (in 14 reviews)

• Top tier management pays themselves while also doing mass lay offs (in 5 reviews)

1. "Asset Mangement"

Former Employee - Asset Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Asset Manager in Denver, CO

Pros

Marketing teams for selling assets were great! My manager was my favorite boss ever.

Cons

These guys over staffed and over hired early on so there were many tense days and layoffs

2. "Overworked"

Pros

A paycheck to pay bills

Cons

everything an urgency, due yesterday or critical fix because mistakes made because everyone always rushing.

Advice to Management

a work week is 40 hours

"Plenty of opportunities. . . until there weren't."

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Mendota Heights, MN
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Mendota Heights, MN

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I joined the company during its massive expansion when the housing bubble burst. Because I excelled above my peers - and also, partly, because I was in the right place at the right time - my career took off.

Cons

As time went on, the company became so mired in politics and bureaucracy that it was next to impossible to effect any real change. When I started working there, the entire company embraced creativity and fully believed in recognizing people for outstanding work - and they put their money behind that culture. At the end, I was paying out of pocket to reward my staff for exceeding expectations.

Managers lived in constant fear of employees resigning or, heaven forbid, having to be fired. They tightened staffing action control so high up the executive management chain that it very nearly took an act of God to make a change.

If I inherited a poorly - or, in some cases, disastrously - performing employee, I would be stuck taking unnecessary disciplinary steps repeatedly while waiting 60 to 90 days for the busy executive of the week to give me permission to terminate their employment.

Once a position was vacated, I'd have to wait another three months to get permission to start searching for a replacement - even when executive management routinely called for managers to justify their current staffing levels. Finding a good candidate to fill a vacant slot was the easy part. Once I chose someone, I'd have to ask for approval to hire them and justify the salary I wanted to pay them. THAT review invariably took a minimum of six months.

For new hires coming on board through a staffing agency, I could work with that. When I made the decision to hire them, I'd tell them up front that the red tape would take a certain amount of time to be cut. The majority of my temp-to-hire employees were content to wait. But an unemployed job seeker looking for direct hire? Forget about it.

Executive management complained to us routinely about why we didn't bother to interview referrals and cold calls. And when we told them, loudly and often, that no one who is currently unemployed is going to wait six months to get low-balled for an entry level job, our responses fell on deaf ears.

Lastly, when the company went through a period of mass layoffs, they handled the entire process horribly. As a manager, I knew which employees in each of my business units were getting the axe months in advance, because I'd had to choose those people. While many of us in management practically begged the execs to let us tell those employees ahead of time so they could get a jump start on finding a new job, we were told, very forcefully, that if we tried it we'd be the next ones out the door. Instead, they waited until the day of the layoff, walked around the floor cubicle by cubicle, singling people out and telling them to go to an empty suite downstairs. None of them knew what was up, and while they were given small severance packages, the way they were told they were being let go was absolutely heartless.

Advice to Management

I have one piece of advice, and it applies equally across all areas of normal, daily business functioning: stop micromanaging. Honestly, you act like it's a big deal when you promote people into management, and then show absolutely zero trust in their ability to do anything other than stare at their employees all day. If a manager is approved for ten employees and loses one, just let her replace them! There is absolutely no need for a senior vice president to have to sign off on every single aspect of the company's functioning.

4. "Overtime"

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Full responsibility
    - Good benefits
    - Good pay
    - Work from home opportunities

Cons

- Not many people to get help from on your team
    - You're waiting on documentation to proceed with your project which may be cut funding at any time
    - Top tier management pays themselves while also doing mass lay offs
    - 60+ hour weeks

"Awful"

Former Employee - Operations Management in Mendota Heights, MN
    Former Employee - Operations Management in Mendota Heights, MN

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There were no pros at this company...maybe the lower level people who were there. Oh and leaving. That was the best.

Cons

Everything
    Management
    Benefits
    Pay
    Politics
    Did I say everything? It doesn't come close enough to how it felt to come in every day.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect. The management here needs to go!

6. "Not happy working there"

Pros

I thought a lot, but unfortunately there is nothing, maybe benefits.

Cons

Over here you should know everything; co-workers barely helping each other; if you work there and you have questions, ask them, for sure they say that they don't have time, but keep asking, maybe finally someone answer you. The management don't know about these things; I am very happy to left left the company; they gave me a lot stress that I am still dealing with it.

7. "Sr. Application Developer"

Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, good training for employs new to the system, good working conditions, most employs are good hard working people and there is a good all around working atmosphere

Cons

Some water cooler politics that creates tension between some employs.

8. "Loan Level Specialist"

Former Employee - Loan Level Specialist in Mendota Heights, MN
    Former Employee - Loan Level Specialist in Mendota Heights, MN

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the managers in my department were very nice and down to earth. I think they were inclined to promote from within which is good. They held some fun team events during the year.

Cons

No employee development or training. There were massive layoffs happening while I was there. Honestly I was hoping they would lay me off because I was so unhappy there. Since they were a third party company I felt like I was working for the red-headed step child of the mortgage industry. I ended up getting carpal tunnel syndrome because of the nature of my job (copy paste, copy paste).

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. I think the company has since gone under or was bought out by another mortgage processing company so I think any advice I'd have would fall on deaf ears.

9. "Decent Company"

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time

Pros

Able to increase your value by cross-training in many departments.
    Friendly staff.
    Longevity.

Cons

Limited room for promotions.
    Small incremental raises.
    Increased work loads. Compensation not adjusted.

10. "great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

work house. lots of exposure to many opportunities

Cons

work house. too many options to choose from to further progress in your career.

Advice to Management

create a more personal relationship with your employees. not just for major holidays