Lender Processing Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Lender Processing Services Reviews

Updated May 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Top tier management pays themselves while also doing mass lay offs (in 5 reviews)

• I fell ill during my time there and was abruptly let go (in 4 reviews)

1. "Typical large company filled with nothing but office politics and poor leadership"

Former Employee - Appraisals in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Appraisals in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large company with plenty of opportunity for advancement due in part to large turnover.

Cons

Management does not welcome independent thinkers, only want employees who follow the procedures without questioning anything or proposing other solutions.

Advice to Management

Promote people who care about the company and don't just settle for a paycheck.

2. "It was good at first, then things changed."

Former Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Mendota Heights, MN
    Former Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Mendota Heights, MN

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I liked being able to do my work and being left alone tyo do. I work better when people aren't always behind me looking at what I'm doind.

Cons

In the 11 years I was there, I only received a raise 1 time. That should change.

Advice to Management

Instead of just telling the emplyee they did a good job, I would reward them with something. Also, about days off, it should be first come first serve. Just because you had a certain day the year before should not matter. If you ask first, you should get it first.

3. "Not enough clients to provide the work needed to support the staff."

Former Employee - Reviewer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Reviewer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A nationwide company and quality driven.

Cons

Shortage of clients to provide the workload to support the staff so that can make adequate salary.

Advice to Management

Get more clients that have sufficient work for the staff.

5. "This place was awful"

Former Employee - Appraisal Management Team in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Appraisal Management Team in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overtime. 5 sick days 5 vacation days 1 personal day

Cons

EVERYTHING they micro managed. I had six bosses who told me what to do which was always the same. Management and upper level people did not care about employees.

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing

6. "Management"

Former Employee - Marketing Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Account Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management is very engaged with clients and make it a point to spend enough time with them to ensure the company understands their needs and requirements,

Cons

Sometimes senior management makes decisions with a short-term view in order to meet the pressure imposed by the quarterly reviews with the analysts.

Advice to Management

Remain focused on your clients

"Ok, if you are a total suck-up and don't mind working for a company without morals or ethics."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are desperate for employment, this would be an option. Last resort.

Cons

Cut throat business. It is all in how you suck up to management.
    Expected to shut up and do as you are told.
    Loss of independent freedom.

Advice to Management

Get management that walks the walk and not just talk the talk. Management flips on a dime. Don't expect for them to have your back, because they won't; those that have, are no longer working for the company. What does that tell you? No one stands up for anyone's rights here, it's all about doing exactly as your told to do and nothing else!

"Great way to start work career, but a career dead end"

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before the layoffs started, the environment was relaxed and a fun place to work. Supervisors were very encouraging and did their best to help out their workers. Work experience you gain is valuable because you interact with clients over the phone and via email. You also get office experience. It is very easy to get hired here. As long as you have a college degree, you are almost guaranteed to be hired if they like you. The potlucks we did were a lot of fun. Annual perks for employees include: free Pirates game, Thanksgiving dinner, and $100 gift card.

Cons

No pay raises whatsoever. Company had not given a pay raise for 5 years when I joined the company in 2013. You could see the effect this had on some people's motivation after a while. When work got busy, they would give out mandatory overtime. Company often seemed more concerned with numbers than quality of production. There is nowhere to move up the ladder in this company except for the few supervisor positions they have, and as a result, turnover was pretty high for an office job. When the layoffs started, the environment became tense and cliques formed among different groups of employees. Supervisors developed favorites but tried to fake that they appreciated everyone the same. (The only one who didn't do this was the document preparation team supervisor. He was probably the best manager/supervisor in the entire office because of how fair and genuine he was.) The manager of the escrow department would inform everyone during the layoffs in carefully worded emails that they were all safe while layoffs continued almost every week.

Advice to Management

Employees perform well when they are well compensated. As long as people know that they can earn a raise if they perform well, they will do so. I would advise giving out annual raises to all employees based on performance. Second, don't lie to the employees and tell them that their jobs are safe when if fact you have plans to lay people off.

9. "Review for LPS"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The benefits are wonderful and great

Cons

very good place to work

"Decent Base Pay, Growth and Future Unpredictable"

Former Employee - Curative Assistant in Coraopolis, PA
    Former Employee - Curative Assistant in Coraopolis, PA

I worked at Lender Processing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This was a good job for recent college graduates with decent base pay. Work is interesting for the first year, and the schedule is office hours with overtime occasionally available. Was very impressed with the training regimen.

Cons

LPS-LSI uses a lot of temporary workers, promising to take them on as permanent employees but then laying them off when business slows. Working with the time pressure of Mortgage Closings and SLAs is necessarily stressful, with quotas and managers applying pressure. It's easy to get lost in the crowd at LPS as far as promotions go.

Advice to Management

Point out clear paths for professional growth - and hire the temps you promised to hire!

"IT sweat shop!!!!"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Lender Processing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can really learn a lot here at least in the IT perspective. The company has a mixed environment of old and new equipment on the company network overall so you can literally go as far as you want to learn technology and practices. Depending on your department the people are very nice and supportive. There are a lot of people who have worked for the company for literally decades and throughout ALL of the times the company has changed names and owners. If you decide to pursue a position here be sure to negotiate for salary at least two years out because they will Low Ball.

Cons

The IT department takes pride in having people who work there for decades however, those same people feel like they cannot leave because they feel they're too old to move on and no one would hire them which is the real reason people tenure is so long. There is a lot of work to go around mainly because processes here in IT are the absolute WORST I have ever seen. These bad processes cause a lot of work to be done on Sunday's, constant morning changes and just plain chaos and confusion all day long!!! Every month there is some new process that makes work life unenjoyable and combined with well over 80 hours every two weeks with no extra pay makes the position not worth it. Schedules change very often leaving you to decide between your dependents or the job which isn't a good feeling especially when it constantly happens.

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES AND QUIT ACTIING LIKE MANAGEMENT IS THE END ALL BE ALL!!!!! Create some processes that are not so time consuming and dependent on WHO is requesting particular jobs. Processes are HORRIBLE at work and HORRIBLE for the employee home life.