Lending Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Lee Kolquist

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I love the culture in the call center and I think it all starts from the top" (in 5 reviews)

• "Easy-ish work, casual dress, benefits are OK (but expensive)" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Need to relax rules on incentives for loans in call center" (in 7 reviews)

• "They don't have vacation, or sick time" (in 4 reviews)

"Great Place to start"

Former Employee - Financial Services Officer in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Financial Services Officer in Naperville, IL

I worked at Lending Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a springboard for a lot of other careers.
    You can start a long term career but are not pressured to.
    The work day always goes by fast due to the fast paced atmosphere.
    It is extremely easy to change to another skill set or move up in your department

Cons

Some of the customers are hard to cope with.
    There are no sick days and if you happen to be sick it takes up your PTO

Advice to Management

Let up on the sick days, and start upgrading hardware it is outdated and creates more problems than they're worth.

2. "LSI Review"

Former Employee - LSI in Elgin, IL
    Former Employee - LSI in Elgin, IL

I worked at Lending Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good start for entry-level employees. Good money to be made as an agent.
    The company does a lot for their employees such as giveaways, contest, random celebrations such as Kool-Aid day. LSI shows their employees appreciation more than most organizations.

Cons

Limited upward mobility after you reach Team Leader status, no clear road to move forward. No long-term growth opportunities, education, and longevity are not rewarded.

Advice to Management

Focus on your longterm employees, it is important that they see a path to growth and development beyond whats on their annual reviews.

3. "Loan specialist"

I have been working at Lending Solutions full-time

Pros

Incentives (Only good if you cross-trained

Cons

All the staff is FAKE! They will smile in your face and talk about you to others. Turn over rate is HIGH!

Advice to Management

Find new management

4. "Financial services"

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Lending Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely positive, motivational, non pushy morale. You are rewarded for the work you do. Low tolerance for negativity. Very great place. They only promote within and everyone from the bottom to the top treats each other with the same respect and care. It's amazing.

Cons

I can't think of one. Other than far from home.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

5. "Collections"

I worked at Lending Solutions full-time

Pros

Great pay and benefits for a small company

Cons

Lighten up the work atmosphere

Advice to Management

Recognize and acknowledge your dedicated employees

"It could be a lot worse"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Lending Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules. (Part time/full time options available, 4 10hr days)
    Full benefits, health, 401k, life insurance, PTO
    PAID out of production time along with 30-60 minute lunch OPTIONS and 30 minutes of PAID breaks per day.
    Shift differentials and double units per hours on weekend shifts
    Incentives based on productivity.
    Membership eligibility at several credit unions
    Tuition reimbursement
    PAID Volunteer Time Off
    Top tier training in loans, underwriting, mortgage processing, indirect lending, and member services
    Casual dress environment
    AT&T services discount

Imagine getting paid $40k- $50k+ a year to come to work in flip flops, sweat pants, see through booty leggings, showering is optional, so is brushing your teeth, unkempt hairdo's , start late every day, extend your PAID breaks and Out of Production time and actually be expected to do your job and receive a little constructive criticism every once in awhile. Imagine that. Fast food employees make minimum wage and have to wear a uniform and follow much stricter guidelines than, sit in your seat and take the calls at the call center job you applied and interviewed for.

NO job is perfect and every company comes with its own set of politics. Some of the complaints Ive seen in these reviews are an attitude issue. I don't understand how you walk into a call center every day not wanting to deal with calls and people. Im sorry, but I've worked in several call centers in several industries, and the culture does not change. If it doesn't work for you, please stop applying for call center jobs.

Understand the business side of things. You have a wrap up goal because SOMEbody has to pay for wrap up time. EVERY single second is either money spent or money made in a call center. Theres an app to call goal for a reason, the price of a no n-loan and the price of an application are grossly different. The numbers are calculated to keep LSI in business so that you can continue to have a job to complain about everyday.

Cons

As stated above, no job is perfect.
    Top performers are getting burnt out.
    The FS department has far more business than it can handle and the pressure is being placed on agents from other department to learn the skill almost to the point of some of us being bullied. Some are only learning the skill because they are in fear that their job will be in jeopardy if they don't and thats not right. Some are trying to find as many other skills to learn to avoid FS and plan to quit if and when FS will be forced on them.
    You should be focused on giving the skill only to ppl who are truly interested vs just trying to cover your business needs or having agents learn the skill just so they can get the pay increase.

The training department for FS is OVERworked. Idk if anyone is noticing but I notice. You can see it in their faces and God bless them for keeping their smiles on their faces despite the rigorous revolving door of training class after training class.

The amount of abandoned calls and offered /paid OT in FS is a clear indication that there are changes that need to be made. A brief study of sociology states that when there is a huge need for OT and your employees are actually taking advantage they're underpaid and youre beating the system by paying out OT vs increasing base pay. Increasing base pay also has a direct impact on employee morale.

Advice to Management

Communication is poor, and that is an understatement. We are not fought for or defended when there is client feedback or issues. Whatever the client says, goes and we are made to feel like scum for it. How about, "you did the job in the way we trained you to do it, but it looks like we have to make some adjustments as a team. So lets see what we can learn from
    this" instead of "you did this wrong and youre damaging our relationship with the client."
    Positive reinforcement goes a long way people!!

We are expected to take full accountability for our mistakes and errors but management never admits to their own mistakes. You never take a personal interest in agents and you only focus areas of improvement.

Some team leads and supervisors do a good job of being complimentary but what about you? Do you know which agents are pulling the best numbers consistently? Do you make a personal effort to stop by our desks or shoot an email to commend us, and not one thats a reply to some accolade that was sent out to the whole department?

Yes we love the free pizza and the snack cart and the taco trucks, but personal acknowledgement goes a long way as well being fairly compensated for your work.

And to the Elgin management, get to know us at Naperville. We only know you as the decision makers and shot callers. It would be nice to be able to put faces to the names, especially when we get emails. We have to answer to you but have no idea who you are. It would be nice if you showed your face around the call center when or if you come to our branch.

"Trust me don’t work here"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Elgin, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Elgin, IL

I worked at Lending Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

The other agents were nice.

Cons

The trainers had no idea what they were doing. You would get an answer from one of them and get a completely different answer from another. When you take calls from so many different credit unions and you can’t help them and tell them someone will give them a call back it is very frustrating. I have never been cussed at so many times in one day at a job than I have here. If I was a member of one of the credit unions that had to call here I would leave that credit union. This company hurts customer service and shouldn’t even exist. The hours are awful and you will either work your whole day or until really late. The trainer will fail your review because of a minor detail and hold you back even though you took 90 calls that day. The trainers have been there a couple years and are not qualified to train anyone. I got talked to about using the bathroom too much and got threatened to get written up if I didn’t stop. I saw the trainers go outside to smoke atleast 10 times a day but I couldn’t go to the bathroom. The starting pay shouldn’t be atleast 18 an hour not minuscule amount that they do.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified employees and actually train them properly. Drop the credit unions that you can’t do anything for because the employees can’t keepimg the abuse from the members. Get a trainer that has been there several years not 3 like some of them. Keep better track of your supervisors and have them be accountable for their actions.

"Educational."

Current Employee - Loan Specialist in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Loan Specialist in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Lending Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free training on credit. Monthly activities to keep morale high. Advancement opportunities. Monthly incentives. Casual dress code.

Cons

Favoritism. Nepotism. Base pay doesn't match workload. Must work at least one weekend day. 24/7 call center.

Advice to Management

Cut the activities & increase base pay

"FSR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

I have been working at Lending Solutions full-time

Pros

Company does care about its employees. Nice incentive. Work hard and it pays off!

Cons

24/7. The position sometimes reflects the duties of a secretary. There are a lot of Credit Unions that allow limited access to LSI employees and at certain times, it is pointless to even answer the phone. Working holidays shouldn't be mandatory as we are suppose to remain "transparent" so why be open when its a federal holiday? The company is getting money hungry and are taking on a work load that doesn't fit its staff size. Extremely high turn over as the job itself will burn you out quickly. It is really hard to good great in a company that does focus alot on what you could have done better one call when easily you will take 90 to 100 calls in one shift. It is becoming too much and they will see this when its too late and they lose all the good employees! Base pay should easily be $18-$20/hour as the job duties are intense

Advice to Management

For the most part the staff are friendly and easily approachable. However, some are completely fake and you can see right through that! A couple Teams Leads are amazing in Elgin and luckily one of the fake ones left the company a month ago!

"FS"

I have been working at Lending Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is working hard to rebrand itself and update the look. I like where is going. There is an opportunity to make good money and learn lot. Management and admin are friendly and always willing to help.I think many people complain about the company because they dont want to take responsibility for their own performance. Ive worked for many companies before LSI and there are very few that offer as many options to advance and learn as LSi. When they hire new people in they are very excited about working for lsi. Its once they get on the floor they have a lot of bad apples that tend to influence these other people negatively. I've seen it myself. I've heard people complain on the floor because they get upset because their team leader comes down on them for manipulating the system, avoiding calls, quoting the incorrect rates, or making mistakes. I'm not sure what they think but if you are doing stuff like this aren't you costing the company money? Why would they be okay with that? Also as far as not having "sick time", this is not true. The company offers a minimum of 15 days PTO. You earn more PTO time with the years of service. It makes no sense how this is not enough time. The PTO is used for both scheduled and unscheduled time. Many companies don't even offer PTO let alone the other benefits that this company offers. I think the biggest problem here are the people that have been here the longest amount of time. There are a lot of people that are not open to change. They're quick to complain about new admin staff or new trainers that have the lack of experience but the same people that are complaining are not stepping up to the plate. In my opinion if you don't like working here then go somewhere else but don't poison everyone else with your own personal perspective because not everyone situation is the same as yours. Some people like myself enjoy coming to work here everyday and interacting with the people that we do. I enjoy taking financial service calls and talking to people even when I can't help them. I come here to do a job and earn money happily.

Cons

The negative people are the worst. They're constantly complaining on the floor but nobody ever has the guts to tell the supervisors are management about it. I can tell because the conversations usually only happen when there is no supervision on the floor. The only thing that I would recommend changing is the pay structure for the trainers and team leaders. This company pays really good incentives to the people that take the interactions. That can have a negative impact on people that want to advance because from what I've heard they can take a pay cut based on incentives only. I can't say for sure because I've never been in this position but this is what I've heard.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you're doing! Not everyone's going to be happy but that's with any company you're always going to have those kinds of people. I would recommend paying closer attention to your admin staff though. They work the hardest and have to deal with the most challenging people, they should be compensated just as much if not more than the people that they are training or coaching.