LendingClub Reviews

Updated May 2, 2021

3.6
LendingClub President and CEO Scott Sanborn
Scott Sanborn
Pros
  • "Also, did I mentioned FREE SNACKS(in 57 reviews)

• "Great benefits for full time employees(in 48 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Here is the story that many at LC now are piecing together - the way(in 24 reviews)

• "Upper management doesn't care about operations(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of LendingClub and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great Workplace

Sep 30, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent environment to cultivate collaboration and innovation. I've never met a more excited group of people, so passionate about the company's mission. I'd recommend 100%

Cons

Work from home has been a change, but I wouldn't say it's a con.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great job

Nov 10, 2020 - Treasury Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great job, good benefits, company attitude

Cons

Where to go from here

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Maturing fintech firm has a very bright future

Mar 16, 2021 - Senior Manager, Technology in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bank acquisition is complete, pandemic is behind us. This paves the way for better profitability and growth. Having been here for almost 3 years, I've never felt more positive about LC's future. Exec leadership is top notch, and are very transparent about where the company is in its path. The combination of marketplace lender + bank really opens up all kinds of possibilities that didn't exist before. Workplace is pretty laid back, but most folks are pretty smart, hard working. I rarely work more than 40-50 hours in a week, and the comp is really competititve -- especially with the stock price on the rise.

Cons

Company is in the process of becoming a grown-up bank, and is learning hard lessons about the importance of documented and followed processes, a culture of compliance. The upside: if you're someone who is given to implementing processes, and can execute effectively, you'll find a welcome home here. If you're a lone wolf or a cowboy, you're probably not going to be happy with the direction the company is going right now.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great People. Some great teams left. Little Innovation.

Feb 22, 2021 - Lead Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm rating this from the perspective of an engineer that left LC back in 2020. Great people, you'll love everyone. They really are great. Decent Pay, def not top of market but decent for Sr, Lead, Principal, Architect + levels. Company perks were nice pre covid. Managers were, maybe still are spectacular. I liked almost every engineering manager I've met. They are, were, really great.

Cons

Unfortunately, most of the talented engineers & leaders have already left the company. Seriously, not exaggerating, my tenure was peppered with monthly goodbyes from great people. Since I started, I counted 73 of my working piers leaving the company since starting. Not because of dire situations but because they could be doing more elsewhere... And that leads me to my next point: If you join as an engineer, you'll most likely join a team with little documentation with no seniority on the project. Be prepared if you do you'll be managing the plumbing more than writing new features. Vertically, engineering leadership is now lacking (although there are still great managers). At the C & VP level, engineering leadership in building a great engineering culture does not exist anymore. It's really in maintenance mode since covid started and I hope that now as a bank, LC sees the inevitable and either does what other banks do and hires all engineering offshore to do the core lifting (super unlikelyy)... or 2... actually innovate. Innovation at LC was becoming a bank when I was there because honestly, peer to peer lending failed. What will the next evolution at LC bring? I think unless leadership is serious about innovation, of which all evidence suggests otherwise, I wouldn't recommend joining the company anytime soon.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I've enjoyed my time there

Mar 2, 2021 - Payment Solutions in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid Time Off is pretty competitive compared to other companies I've worked at in the state. I'm empowered to speak my mind when a new task is brought to my dock. Compensation is competitive for the area. Work is extremely fulfilling if you're into problem solving and troubleshooting. There are new challenges daily that feel rewarding when they've been tackled. When a tough issue is fixed, your coworkers will celebrate with you. Management does seem to care about employee wellbeing. Employee safety is a huge priority. There is a diverse company culture that is supported and celebrated.

Cons

Management will play favorites. Little to no upward movement. Company activities/ events/ meetings are not geared toward operations teams. Information can be difficult to locate. Although there has been great progress in accessibility of company policies, there is still a heavy dependency on tribal knowledge. With the current work from home environment, this can make obtaining and retaining updated information difficult. Sometimes changes happen to a process and you have to hunt for information on how to proceed.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0

Hourly pay

Apr 29, 2021 - Consumer Analyst in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people and good benefits

Cons

Management isn't always on the same page

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Nice place to work

Apr 24, 2021 - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome people, great culture, values hard work

Cons

None that I can think of

8. 5.0

Really great job!

Apr 18, 2021 - Payment Solutions Specialist in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay Great time off policies Great incentives

Cons

Only full time available right now

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

CSA Role Review

Apr 16, 2021 - Customer Service Advisor in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, lots of down time, great for career growth

Cons

A lot of angry customers

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome

Apr 16, 2021 - Payment Solutions Specialist in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is well organized and I learned a lot.

Cons

Nothing! They handle everything really well.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 662 Reviews