LendingClub Reviews

Join the conversation on

Finance

48K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=LendingClub~349061
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Management is bad.(in 37 reviews)
  • "Managers can be good but are overworked so they tend to provide minimal input and I often don’t hear from mine for more than a week.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Connection with senior leadership was really the only piece missing from my initial experience with Lending Club.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Hardly any communication between upper management, other departments and member support.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Low salaries for anyone not at management levels.(in 10 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of LendingClub and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Finally found my best place to work

Feb 28, 2022 - Technical Writer in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

LendingClub trusts me to get my job done and they provide some great benefits and initiatives to keep me doing my best. Open communication from leadership Competitive pay and bonuses Cool office space with game room, free snack bar, freestyle soda machine, coffee bar, catered meals (some days) I feel valued as an employee by my manager and by higher leadership Hybrid office/home work schedule 401k matching Collaborative environment (even from home) Concerned about making the company a diverse workforce

Cons

I haven't found any significant cons yet.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Decent Company to work at

May 23, 2022 - Customer Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get what you work for

Cons

Almost like a call center

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best career move I've ever made

Apr 1, 2022 - Director, Communications in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- LendingClub attracts amazing people - whip smart, supportive, down-to-earth, awesome teammates - and everyone takes a lot of pride in doing great work. - Collaborative, team-oriented community. - Impressive perks and benefits - the SF office is INCREDIBLE. On-site gym and locker room (with towels!), cafe with barista, catered lunches on days we're in-office, cold brew/kombucha on tap, fully-stocked pantries, ice cream freezer... I think I eat better at work than I do at home. - Unlimited PTO has given me real work/life balance for the first time in my career - Generous parental leave and very supportive People Success team - Tons of opportunities to learn and grow - certainly helps if you're willing to push and take initiative - High expectations lead to high performance org-wide. Don't really run into too many unmotivated colleagues.

Cons

- I actually don't think this is really a con, but it's a very fast-paced environment, so get ready to hit the ground running on Day 1!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wonderful Place to spend the day

May 18, 2022 - Operations Analyst in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are respectful. Work is engaging. The company is invested in its people.

Cons

Needs to give out better swag.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Overall good for new grad or less-experienced DS

May 12, 2022 - Associate Data Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team members are collaborative and nice. Working hours are pretty flexible.

Cons

Sometimes project goals are not clear. Low diversity - all Chinese and Indian in DS

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great company but needs work on people skills

May 4, 2022 - Collections Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, bonuses, benefits, Monday through Friday schedule.

Cons

Management only cares about money, no consideration for customer service

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Its good

May 8, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's great and very fulfilling

Cons

none it is great and fine

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall Job Review.

Apr 29, 2022 - Loan Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Room for growth. Full time schedule.

Cons

Only con would be required to answer phone calls all day constantly and being tracked by an internal system for amount of calls taken.

Continue reading
  9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Job is cool but pay too low

May 20, 2022 - Credit Specialist in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Environment is good and chill.

Cons

The pay is too low in operations.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Dope

May 5, 2022 - Relationship Manager in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture Fun Friends Work Pay

Cons

Salary No commission no benefits

Viewing 1 - 10 of 765 Reviews

LendingClub Reviews FAQs

LendingClub has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 781 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at LendingClub to a friend and 65% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, LendingClub employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at LendingClub. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

67% of LendingClub employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated LendingClub 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at LendingClub to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with LendingClub Job Seekers