KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

LendingClub

Engaged Employer

LendingClub

Add a Review

LendingClub Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Aug 17, 2021

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Management is bad.(in 39 reviews)
  • "Managers can be good but are overworked so they tend to provide minimal input and I often don’t hear from mine for more than a week.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Connection with senior leadership was really the only piece missing from my initial experience with Lending Club.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Hardly any communication between upper management, other departments and member support.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Low salaries for anyone not at management levels.(in 10 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of LendingClub and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company and culture

Sep 22, 2019 - Credit Manager in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay with uncapped commissions. Superb culture and environment. Excellent company structure, products and services. Great benefits.

Cons

Hate that we had to let go of so many of our SF office / staff, but the show must go on.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee

no room for growth

Aug 17, 2021 - Customer Care Representative in Westborough, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits and time off

Cons

no room to grow or increase salary

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 4.0

Great company

Mar 24, 2021 - Fraud Prevention Specialist in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay Equal opportunity Good management Great benefits

Cons

Understaffed, busy, advancement opportunities, managers.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Job

Dec 23, 2020 - Senior QA Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly work environment, great benefits

Cons

Still growing and way to grow more

5. 4.0

Good place to work

Sep 2, 2020 - Senior Manager, Credit Risk in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and a promising culture

Cons

Some departments are not well managed

6. 1.0
    Former Employee

Horrible Management

Mar 4, 2020 - Operations Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great start up environment, great benefits, nice work space.

Cons

Management was horrible my time being there

8 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Payment Solution Specialist

Nov 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay for responsibilities of the role. Definitely can grow within the company if you work at it. Great benefits and perks that include massages, a gym, free snacks, coffee, happy hour. There are always has company wide events that make boosts employee moral and to show appreciation for the employees. Overall, this is a great company to work for.

Cons

The role is a high call volume role, basically a call center, and you talk to customers for 8 hours a day. This role in particular is a customer service role where you deal with delinquent loans and try to collect from people -- so you can imagine how the conversations can go south pretty quickly. The role gets old quick, as with any customer service role, and you just want to get out the department as fast as possible. There's a metrics system where you're graded on the calls like it's a report card and can get written up for low grades.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Loan Sales Inbound - CD Department

Sep 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great company events, if you get the right supervisor and into the right circle you will go far! Great company culture. Upper management is fully devoted to make this a well rounded company.

Cons

It's an entry level role with the risk to stay entry level for a long time if you don't work like a robot 24/7. Schedule is not flexible, you are managed down to each minute. High pressure to work overtime to meet goals.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company!

May 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at a few "bigger" tech companies in the area and I can honestly say LendingClub in the best so far! I have only been here a few weeks, but even in that time, it is obviously that this company truly lives their values and does everything they can to establish a great environment full of talented people. Everyone really knows their stuff and it is exciting to be able to learn so much from your coworkers. On top of a great environment, they also have those sweet perks such as free food, great benefits, competitive compensation, and being rewarded for exercising and doing charitable work. Great place!

Cons

Being headquartered in San Fran. makes things a little tricky with communication and training, since they are usually out there, but they do a pretty good job at keeping us involved in Lehi through webex, etc. so not much of a con, just something to note.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

I recommend to run from this company, particularly the Treasury department

Apr 2, 2019 - Lead Treasury Analyst in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The redeeming parts of working at this company are that they do provide great benefits, have a decent business model, and I did work with quite a few great people inside and outside of my department.

Cons

Personally, I would recommend running from this company because of the management group. On the surface it looks and sounds great, but it will eventually disappoint you. My experience inside my department was a series of broken promises and petty power plays by management. In my time there, management displayed a lack of morals and very little intelligence. If you do pursue employment with LendingClub, please be warned that it is a prime example of a company that will do their best to follow legal constraints, but not necessarily do the right thing. I would recommend caution to anyone who is not a protected class and is qualified for the job. They are a company that will promote and reward those who don’t work hard and aren’t qualified.

2 people found this review helpful