KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 127 of over 130 reviews

4.2
LendingHome President and CEO Michael Bourque
Michael Bourque
Pros
  • "Employees are encouraged to maintain a healthy work/life balance(in 6 reviews)

• "Interesting tech and free lunch everyday(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company is going through growing pains(in 9 reviews)

• "No 401k matching (expect to happen this year - when we are profitable)(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

83 Comments

Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome company place to work in tech

Aug 13, 2021 - Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Lots of ownership over the product and business opportunity - Big enough to have resources to get work done but not so big that it's bureaucratic - Strong leadership team

Cons

- Tech team and sales team sometimes see approaches differently so some healthy tension. - Like any startup, priorities can shift quickly depending on how the business is going, but that's to be expected.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Surprised it's lasted this long...

Jul 2, 2021 - Customer Engagement
      Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO -- but the trade off is that you donate time by working more than the 8hours your paid for. Which, depending on how you look at it, balances things out in the long run. Health Benefits are decent -- not the best, but not bad. Office is nice & centrally located.

Cons

Lack of professional maturity with in the office. It's gotten better, but its a bunch of kids trying to be managers with no prior experience. There are relationships that appear inappropriate. Even if they aren't, manager should not put themselves in the position to have employees question if there is something more than a professional relationship going on. Favortism. Blatent favortism. Sr Manager/Site Director openly voices dislike for WFH, does not have progressive thinking. Especially in these trying times, you need a site lead with an open mind. Zero confidentiality. NONE

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Exciting Work, Great Culture, & Minimum Politics

May 5, 2021 - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are the best thing that LH has going for it. The culture is very much a work hard / play hard environment. The company is growing and making exciting progress on multiple fronts - not the least of which is our market share. For those that have worked in the lending business for some time, you may appreciate how the company is constantly challenging norms that have been in place in the industry for decades that don't make sense anymore. All perspectives and ideas are welcomed and there is real opportunity to grow your career and work on exciting problems with great people.

Cons

Due to the mission of the company and the norms that we are trying to change, progress can seem slow at times. We constantly use the expression "we are building the car while we are driving it" and if you come to LH from a mature company this can be both exciting and frustrating. Having been at the company for five years now, I can say that looking back we have made significant progress but in the day-to-day it doesn't always feel that way. So to this point, LH isn't a company for everyone; there can be lots of hours and you can probably find higher base pay elsewhere, but if you believe in the vision of the company your stock options should help balance that equation as long as you aren't shy about putting in some hard work to help the company get there.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee

LH Review

Sep 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for early on

Cons

The turn over within the company changed it's direction

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I traded working for myself, to work here because it is such a great company.

May 4, 2021 - Customer Experience Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

LendingHome is the best national hard cash lender. Our tech and processes allow for a quick funding and really helps our borrowers scale and grow. I paused being a full time real estate investor to work here because it has helped me grow professionally and I believe that much in this company and the products that we offer.

Cons

I got a full tattoo sleeve a couple years ago to stick it to "the man" (big companies that I had worked for who had showed me little value despite my pouring my heart and soul into their brand/growth). And I thought I would never work for anyone else again. Obviously, I gave up being my own boss when I was recruited but the leadership/my bosses have been exceptional so the con for me is losing some autonomy but like I said, this company is comprised of superstars and so the trade that I made is well worth it.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good

May 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at LH for a few years now, and overall have a very positive view of it. They have a good track record of promoting from within, addressing toxic work behavior promptly, and being transparent with company strategy/financials. Since it's a mid-sized and relatively young company, you get the best of both worlds -- not too corporate/bureaucratic but still established, not a crazy startup culture but still fast paced.

Cons

There have been a decent number of restructuring/layoffs in this company (every 2.5 years so far?) . Maybe that is to be expected for a younger company and maybe that's been necessary for the company to survive/thrive, but also maybe some of them were avoidable. The layoffs, from what I can tell, were respectfully afa lead time and severance packages go.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for.

May 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for very supportive teams and leadership, lots of great hard working people here. Company is growing fast. We offer a lot of great perks that I never got working with big companies. Sure there's some hiccups along the way but if you've worked for a startup or small business you're going to encounter that but I can say I've seen our leadership own up when they drop the ball and promise to do better.

Cons

It's a fast growing start up so you will have very busy days but if you've been in the mortgage industry you already have and know what busy days are like. The not so con is everyone's understanding and when you need to take time off you get to take your PTO.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company and great place to work

May 5, 2021 - Closing Team in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great leadership and management that cares about their employees all the way from the top down - teammates and team lead always willing to help out and get me up to speed even while being fully remote - excellent company culture and outstanding people - transparency in company meetings/town halls so you really feel invested in the company and where we are going

Cons

- still no 401k match which would be an awesome benefit as we now become more established and grow - a lot of new faces recently, would be nice to figure out ways for people to get to knew people better while we are still remote

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Remote flexibility and exciting culture

May 4, 2021 - Strategic Account Analyst in Redmond, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's an exciting time to be at LendingHome as we are growing our lead in the market and setting month-over-month records. More than that, there is a supportive culture and most people genuinely like to work here. Very transparent leadership and company information flow.

Cons

It can be hard to start a new role during a pandemic when everyone is remote. It can be challenging to get up to speed quickly if you're not already familiar with the mortgage or investing world.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great for Entry Level Employees!

Jun 24, 2021 - Post Closing Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive working environment, good training, flexible time off policy, ability to progress somewhat quickly

Cons

Depends on your interests - specific focus on mortgage lending, potentially repetitive work

Viewing 1 - 10 of 127 Reviews