LendingTree Reviews | Glassdoor

LendingTree Reviews

Updated May 12, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Work-life balance is great with the unlimited vacation (in 8 reviews)

• It's a "take the ball and run with it" company where you really drive your won career progression (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • LT is growing quickly so there is always work to be done (in 4 reviews)

"Great"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Burlingame, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Burlingame, CA

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the holiday season, the company handed each employee $200 in cash to give to any person or charity in need. That is so cool! No other company I've worked for has done that. Makes me proud to be an employee of LendingTree.

Plenty of independence and opportunities to take charge.

Awesome CEO who is a hard core entrepreneur.

Great emphasis on health and wellness.

Quarterly bonuses.

Cons

Too many meetings is the biggest drawback.

Also- more a comment on the financial world in general not this company specifically, but there are some people who act like they understand things when they actually don't. Too many people are reluctant to admit things they don't know because they're worried they are going to look stupid.

Advice to Management

Continue treating your employees like adults and showing them respect. Keep the right people on the bus. Continue to show passion and discipline.

"Recruiters Behaving Badly -- Don't Waste People's Time"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a current employee, I wonder if recommending this environment to others is really a good idea after all. Leaning towards definitely not.

Cons

I suggested a colleauge apply. That was followed by a recruiter with applicable times for interview. Next, date/time was scheduled and confirmed. On the day in question, the recruiter was a "no-show" and still weeks late no explanation or response when queried.

People, candidate, and companies alike have one first impression, make it count.

This made LendingTree look like a joke.

Advice to Management

Spend some time on recruitment process, onboarding, etc. Since you're looking for the best, act like it. Waste your time, if you must, but not others.

"It's Cool"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open, fast paced, lots to do, company perks like beer bar and snacks.

Cons

Too much going on and not enough people to do the work.

"I cannot imagine a better employer"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Meaningful work. Feels like a startup, but with a very recognizable brand. Encouraged to take the ball and run. Lunch is provided daily. Personal trainer and gym onsite. Very lean company with no "fat."

Cons

Feels like you're moving at 500 mph and often spread thin.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"NA"

Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Salisbury, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Salisbury, NC

I worked at LendingTree (More than a year)

Pros

They love to eat and through parties. They care about the community.

Cons

They will lay lay off without notice. Well not hire you on permanent. Departments look down on other departments. Noone speaks.

Advice to Management

NA

"9 years an employee and I love my job and employer"

Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a true throwback to the Dot Com days. I wear flip flops and shorts 5 days/week when the weather permits. There are constant opportunities to be involved in projects outside of your personal role/bubble. In a sales role, it's great that I'm not just punching a clock but am looked at to just get my job done, exceed my goals and excel.

Cons

Meetings about previous meetings and meetings to plan the next meetings. It is what it is, I guess.

7. "The Best of Both!"

Current Employee - Relationship & Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Relationship & Operations Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not your typical company, but with all the perks! We work hard and have a fun time while doing it. Wear what you would like to work and no one minds so long as work continues in an efficient manner. Benefits are great and VERY flexible with vacation time. Management maintains clear visibility on all company initiatives and helps in whatever they can. Opportunity for growth and achievement and an overall relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Limited resources on IT efforts can make projects and meeting deadlines an issue. Unless you push to make it known you would like more to do or learn new things you will stay where you are at.

"Awesome place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

LendingTree really is a great place to work. Employees are empowered and given freedom to work on their own initiatives. Everyone's opinion is heard and valued, and there aren't a ton of office politics to stand in the way of advancing your career. It's a "take the ball and run with it" company where you really drive your won career progression.

There are a ton of perks at LendingTree, including a full gym and personal trainer on-site, free bagel Fridays, daily catered lunches, fully stocked beer fridge with loads of craft beer and two kegs, and popcorn every day at 3. These perks aren't there for show. Employees are encouraged to and actually do use them regularly. It is a casual atmosphere but remains fast-paced and focused on growth and driving results. Employees here have a great work-life balance and despite all the fun and beer, it is a company that really includes employees' families and hosts after-hours events where significant others and kids are very welcome.

Cons

The company has two offices, one in Charlotte and one in California, along with many remote employees. This is a both a pro, since it is great that the company is so flexible, and a con, since it can be difficult to schedule meetings and calls when spanning many time zones.

Also, a few years ago the company had struggled a lot, but it seems to have changed completely since then. When reading reviews, keep in mind when they were written. The older ones are referring to a company that was completely different from what it is today.

9. "Overall, LendingTree has been a fabulous place to work that has empowered me to do great things!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Great work-life balance
    * Very well known brand
    * Entrepreneurial environment
    * No PTO policy, gym and full time trainer on staff, lunch supplied every day at low cost to employees, laid back dress code, etc.
    * Direct contact with senior management & CEO

Cons

* Compensation
    * Heavy reliance on mortgage business; however, they are really making it a top priority to diversify the brand into other areas beyond mortgage

10. "Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Manager, Marketing in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager, Marketing in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with LendingTree for over 3 years now and have loved every minute of my experience here! My mangers have been in tune with my career development and what I am looking to do in the future and have helped me achieve that. HR seems very focused on making sure the employees are enjoying their time at work and have provided employees with great perks such as a personal trainer and workout room on site, free bagels, catered lunches, and the ability to have a beer with coworkers out of their two kegs. The company, while having a big brand name, is not a place where you're "just a number" and you're going to get lost. Upper management takes time to listen to you and cares about what you're doing and who you are. Overall, a great place to further your career with a group of hardworking and intelligent people! Wonderful Culture!

Cons

We do run very lean and there can be times when things are stressful, however the amount of productivity that comes out of LendingTree and it's employees is astounding!