LendingTree Reviews | Glassdoor

LendingTree Reviews

Pros
  • Work-life balance is great with the unlimited vacation (in 8 reviews)

• It's a "take the ball and run with it" company where you really drive your won career progression (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • LT is growing quickly so there is always work to be done (in 4 reviews)

1. "Things"

I have been working at LendingTree full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great facility, benefits, and people.

Cons

A large gap in salary and wages from upper management

Advice to Management

Value the people working day in and out to up hold the companies day to day. Hierarchy is something to value with a strong base, give too much away to the top and the whole structure can fall.

"All in all, a great place to work"

I have been working at LendingTree full-time

Pros

Of course everything, ultimately, depends on your direct manager. I have had some better, some worse, but ultimately the expectation on you is to execute and you are given license to get where you need to be, HOW you want to get there. I have found this freedom to be the most rewarding thing about the job.

The company, too, is very employee and family-centric. This is a very valuable trait. From renting out a movie theater for families to bring their kids to watch a Christmas movie, to renting out the outfield picnic area at Knights baseball game, any time a company shows that it values its employees by creating opportunities to spend time with your family is going to be a big winner in my book. No place is perfect, but the upside, here, is very good.

Cons

Bottom line is you are likely going to get paid more elsewhere. This company leverages its brand name, and the fact that experience on your resume is going to look great WITH this brand name to act as value in lieu of pay comparable to other companies in the industry.

Advice to Management

My advice to the executive management would be on leadership. In my experience, I have found the greatest leaders to be the ones who surrounded themselves with a diverse group of opinions. I have found that often times the focus here seems to be on hiring people who all think the same way. I believe there is a tremendous benefit in people who will challenge conventional thought. A true leader, in my opinion, will allow themselves to be challenged, then make a decision based on those diverse opinions rather than simply looking for people with whom they are always in agreement.

3. "May be my favorite place to have worked, wish I was still there."

I worked at LendingTree full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the culture there! as many stated before me, they have a work hard play hard culture that I really enjoyed. I was employed when the economy wasn't that great and a lot of long time employee's were at their breaking points and complained a lot.

As a new hire, I enjoyed what they tried to do and even though a lot things were cut out and put on hold, the perks that were still in effect made the place enjoyable. I can only imagine how much enjoyment I wouldve gotten from Lendingtree in a good economy!

Also there were lots of opportunities to gain experience in areas beyond your position if you put in the effort.

Cons

Pay was a little low and there was a pay increase freeze when I was there. Also people were getting laid off almost daily (more due to the economy than the company) which made things scary every day.

Advice to Management

I had no problems with management...Hire me again I guess I would say