Lendmark Financial Services Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bobby Aiken

1. "Awesome company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, GA

I have been working at Lendmark Financial Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment for me

Cons

Sometimes I don't feel appreciated

Advice to Management

None

2. "Entry-level opportunity"

I worked at Lendmark Financial Services full-time

Pros

Good entry-level opportunity to pick up necessary skills to help propel your career.

Cons

Truly operates as a 'mom and pop' loan company, hopefully as they expand they will come into the digital age

Advice to Management

Too many unrealistic goals to meet. Branch managers are rewarded waaay to often for doing nothing. Also, where are the programs to help you succeed and extend you training, how do grow within the company if the opportunity isn't given?

"Poor Managment Equals Miserable Employees"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager

I worked at Lendmark Financial Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starting pay rate, holidays off.

Cons

Unreasonable goals, incompetent management from the branch level up to the micro-managing AVPs & VPs, insufficient training, archaic computer programs that make doing the job extremely time consuming & frustrating, vacation requests denied, management that only care about making their bonuses to the detriment of their branch level employees, no time for bathroom breaks during the day, often no lunch breaks, hiring from outside with no internal promotion opportunities and if being told you have to work late because you didn't collect enough after working yourself to death all day then this is a job for you.

Advice to Management

Look into areas with frequent turnover, better work life balance for those in the field.

5. "Best place ever!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, GA

I have been working at Lendmark Financial Services (More than a year)

Pros

Really unique company culture that supports you personally and professionally. Senior management in corporate really care about their employees. Great programs to keep up employee morale. Opportunities abound during a time of growth.

Cons

I can't think of any--really.

Advice to Management

Make sure you maintain that company culture as you grow.

"Fast growing company filled with opportunity for people who want it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, GA

I have been working at Lendmark Financial Services (More than 3 years)

Pros

Executive management team is rock solid, the company treats you like family, they appreciate work-life balance and, due to the current high-growth the company is experiencing, there are tons of opportunities for advancement. It is a solid company that has been in business for 20 years and are proven as leaders in the industry. The company promotes work life balance - I was asked about it in each of the interviews I went on - and they back it up. Anytime something personal has come up, they have been more than accommodating with my schedule so I could work through it. Of course, I still had a job to do but I had flexibility to get it done. The culture is laid back, fun and I laugh at work every day. It is a short commute outside of the city but I gladly make the drive to be a part of such an awesome team.

Cons

The company could focus more on health/wellness initiatives in order to get better health benefits. To me, this isn't a con but Lendmark is in a high-growth phase so are a lot of big projects going on and it can get hectic. If you aren't a self-starter or if you don't enjoy rolling up your sleeves and working a full, diligent day, then Lendmark isn't for you. You have to be a go-getter and take full ownership of your responsibilities to fit in here.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster the same "like family" culture that makes Lendmark unique.

7. "Branch manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Lendmark Financial Services (More than 8 years)

Pros

Small family group, sometimes fun, nice clients great bonus ( for mangers) great long term client base. Great being able to help other when in need.

Cons

Bious, promise of promotion never followed through, very very bious toward women and think it's funny even when it comes to clients

Advice to Management

Listen to employees, follow up checks on complaint, long hours for staff while head manger takes off for day. Does not backup team in any way and makes major treats

"It is an okay company."

Former Employee - Senior Loan Counselor in Covington, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Loan Counselor in Covington, GA

I worked at Lendmark Financial Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stability, friendly co-workers, community involvement.

Cons

No room for growth, management is unprofessional, promotions granted on friend bases vs. knowledge, education, and experience.

Advice to Management

Seek to promote from within first.

"Listen To Your People"

Former Employee - VP-Training and Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - VP-Training and Sales Consultant

I worked at Lendmark Financial Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and bonus structure was okay. I have been paid more and worked less, but it was what I chose to do as I missed the branch environment.

Cons

Not enough training for new employees on system, policies, program and procedures. Highly understaffed with 3 people per branch. Bonus program goes off of branch net growth which wouldn't be a big deal if you are a new branch only, after that your bonus plan can tank quickly. Managers and staff made to do dealer calls when they have never been trained to do a dealer call. Upper management pretty bad except for a few.

Advice to Management

If you hire good people pay them well if you want them to stay in the environment you have. Ease off the micro-management style with your people that have been in the business for 20 years. LISTEN to your people in the branch locations and implement their ideas. There is a reason you hired them, use them and listen to them. They know what they are doing or you wouldn't have hired them.

10. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Lendmark Financial Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am new to the Lendmark team and one of the reasons why I chose to work here was because I had a great interview experience and people were so upbeat and positive. People love to work here and that makes it a great place to work! The company is growing and there are also many opportunities to advance within the organization.

Cons

I haven't experienced any cons.

11. "Loan Counselor II"

Former Employee - Loan Counselor in Covington, GA
    Former Employee - Loan Counselor in Covington, GA

I worked at Lendmark Financial Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is great compared to other finance company's. Benefits are ok, but they do offer quartly bonuses.

Cons

Management isn't great at the Corp Office, they only care about the numbers and money. They watch your every move and being in a call center, everything is recorded. They won't let you give good customer service, they just want you to transfer the customer all around without things getting resolved for the customer, not something I'm ok with.