Lennox Reviews in Carrollton, TX | Glassdoor

5.0
Lennox CEO and Director Todd M. Bluedorn
Todd M. Bluedorn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • work life balance, flexiblity to work from home when needed, company has been around for over 100 years (in 16 reviews)

• Good company, pretty good benefits (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can get a little crazy especially in the summer, but its the nature of the business (in 4 reviews)

• Senior management has an agenda that doesn't always mesh with reality in the field (in 6 reviews)

1. "Mechanical Engineer I: great first job experience at Lennox"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very flexible hours, friendly coworkers and management

Cons

some foreign employees still struggle with english and it can lead to some communication issues.

Advice to Management

keep it up

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Metallurgical Engineer in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Metallurgical Engineer in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Management very knowledgeable and generous with their knowledge and time. Good benefits. Lots of opportunity to advance ones career. Lots of company sponsored activities. Most of the employees I've met are good people.

Cons

Some employees that have been here for a long time have adhered to bad habits and waste a lot of time.

Advice to Management

None. Keep up the good work

"Supports new product introduction."

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

New job challenges every day, be able to qualify new technologies, great engineering team, a learning center available and other resources to be able to increase knowledge on areas of interest. There are a lot on groups within Lennox that help employees know people from different areas of the company by organizing activities within and outside campus, promotes community service and also minorities, and many more.

Cons

One of the challenges and an opportunity for Lennox is to have a better training process, currently is it an on the job/mentor learning process, which could be improve. The company is already working on processes to make this easier for new employees and mentors.

Advice to Management

I love the engineering management team, they are very open and willing to receive and evaluate input from every single employee of the platform. Keep going that way and this will keep employees engaged and willing to bring new and more ideas to the table!

"Excellent company to work for"

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company with engineering and product focus. Good managment

Cons

Slow in promoting people. Slow in weeding out poor performers.

Advice to Management

Ensure a true merit based system

5. "As an Mechanical Intern at Lennox I have learned, gained, and experienced many things. Great company."

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer Intern in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer Intern in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Lennox part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work on your own schedule. Very easy going. Great people. Very nice. You will gain great experience. Pay for an intern is good. Everyone is very laid back.

Cons

Traffic driving here. Sometimes will get on to for things that are out of your control. Can be very picky at times and pushing you on completing things in an unrealistic times frame. There not much cons.

6. "Great Company for talented engineers and minorities"

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Carrollton, TX

Pros

1.Very lean organization! Waste of monetary asset not tolerated. Several key initiatives in play to ensure continued profittable in the face of continued margin squeeze.
    2. Product quality and reliability a key focus.
    3. Leadership in the PDR group is both strong mangerially and technically ( which is pleasantly refreshing).
    4. Best company in the HVAC market space to work for!

Cons

1. Too heavy a focus on creating premimum product in a commoditized market, need to have a better product mix to respond to market demand.
    2. Lots of high quality talent being underutilized.

Advice to Management

be more agile

"Glad to change at the top"

Former Employee - Sourcing Manager in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Sourcing Manager in Carrollton, TX

Pros

The management team that I worked under has mostly been replaced, which is a good thing. Overall it was not a bad company, somewhat of a good ole boys network, but that is mostly tied to the industry. The company seems to have above average pay, and the bonuses are top notch

Cons

I had left the company prior to the new leadership taking over. The management that I worked under was not employee (or human being) friendly and for the most part they have been replaced. It was a very difficult work environment, and the expectations were unreasonable. More troublesome is that the management focused on the wrong things, which were largely irrelevant to our larger metrics.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees

8. "LennoX is a pretty cool place to work"

Current Employee - Design Engineer5 in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Design Engineer5 in Carrollton, TX

Pros

Lennox has lots of opportunities to learn all different aspects of the HVAC industry. There is enough work to keep you busy, but not so much that you cannot learn a new skill set in the process. Management was always willing to work with everyone and was always encouraging attending school, classes or seminars. They always tried to be fair in their assements of employees. Everyone seemed to get along very well, not a lot of small groups plotting against one another or back stabbing going on. Overall it was a really pleasant place to work. I kick myself for leaving.

Cons

The work can be a bit predictable and some of the processes are slow

Advice to Management

Contiune to support and help your employees grow and develop their skills.

"LENNOX SUCKS"

Current Employee - Junior Marketing Executive in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Junior Marketing Executive in Carrollton, TX

Pros

I don't want to change jobs. Comfortable here, for now, close to home.

Cons

No employee support
    You have no leader if you swim it is because of your "great" department head
    If you sink it is because you didn't pay attention or do your job

Advice to Management

Let your employees in on their job future. Make realistic goals for projects. Handing me a 125 page report and telling me to summerize it and have it done by 5, when it is already 3. Allow people to grow within the commpany, allow them to fail, allow them to experience what it is that is needed.
    Give recognition when due.
    Respect ALL workers, from the copy room to the pres. Let eveyone know they are an important part of the LENNOX family
    Don't have us lie to clients of your family members when you suddenly disappear for the afternoon.
    Give workers the same respect we are expected to give upper mgt.