KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 519 of over 621 reviews

3.7
Lennox International CEO and Director Todd M. Bluedorn
Todd M. Bluedorn
Pros
  • "Benefits and the work life balance(in 49 reviews)

• "Great Company, Good benefits and culture(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Little to no transparency from Senior Management down to the individual contributors(in 9 reviews)

• "Upper Management ONLY carees about investors, you are a number to them and the company will get rid of you without notice(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lennox International and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Good work environment , talented and helpful colleagues

Jan 14, 2021 - Solutions Architect in Chennai
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment , talented and helpful colleagues

Cons

none at the moment. All good.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

AWESOME COMPANY CULTURE

Jun 14, 2021 - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

All work together to serve customers. Hard working individuals that live the core values. Integrity respect excellence. Leadership has a true open door policy to employees and customers. Celebrates success at all levels

Cons

I have no complaints with Lennox

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Workplace

Jul 29, 2021 - Financial Analyst I in Richardson, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone understands that there is a balance between work and life. Time off is great, management is understanding.

Cons

Work can get slow and not challenging you to perform at your best

4. 1.0

Some Have Good Experiences, Most Don’t

May 1, 2021 - Former Corporate Employee in Richardson, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lennox is a good brand

Cons

The overall culture is toxic. There’s a culture, code of conduct, ethics policy that is on paper and spoken about and then there is the real culture in practice that happens behind closed doors. For example: Execs who yell at, belittle, and intimidate employees; actually abusive behavior, but if you want to keep you job, you deal with it. An exec who had an inappropriate affair with another leader. It was reported, everyone knew about it because they weren’t very discreet, but the company didn’t do anything about it because the Exec was valuable to the business. Meanwhile, others were fired for fair less. So, the code of ethics only applies to some employees. If you’re not that valuable to the bottom line, you need to toe the line. If you’re valuable, you can do anything you want and the company will turn a blind eye and let you keep your job. Very old school, work flexibility and work/life balance is nonexistent depending on your leader/business area. It’s considered a badge of honor to give your whole life to the company, but watch out because when someone decides you’re no longer useful, they have no problem throwing you out like yesterday’s garbage. I know some people have better experiences, but I had a terrible experience and know several others who did as well. So glad to have moved on!

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Awesome company to work for!

Jul 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is some hardworking teams that make the job fun! Work is great and leadership cares for your success.

Cons

As any place, there are people who are not as productive. A little old fashioned in regards to dress code.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lennox good

Jul 6, 2021 - Electrical Engineer I in Marshalltown, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience and people to work with

Cons

Marshalltown/iowa is a little boring

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company

May 28, 2021 - Director in Richardson, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Industry Experts- Manufacturing, Distribution and Sales Experienced and Proven Leaders Competitive Compensation Package Empowered Culture

Cons

As a publicly traded company, there is never enough sales growth or profit each year. It is exhausting to have to break records year after year to achieve same level of compensation.

8. 4.0

Good place to work

Apr 20, 2021 - Technical Support Manager in Carrollton, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people Flexible Fair salary Fair leadership Honest Transparent They actually apply their core values

Cons

Sales organization First; if not in sales most likely will not be recognized for your contributions Product tends to take a back seat Very segmented departments where communication is lost for one reason or another Can be long hours at times

9. 2.0

Sinking ship

Jan 10, 2021 - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Interview process was easy. I enjoyed most of the local people I worked with. I had a lot of respect for senior management.

Cons

Lennox has gone gradually downhill for employees over the last several years. Employee benefits have been chipped away more and more for the sake of the dollar. Engineering is increasingly moved away from the US and into India, again, all for the almighty dollar. The quality of the product is suffering as a result. The engineers in India were extremely difficult to work with, and were the main contributing factor in me leaving. I was constantly unfairly thrown under the bus by them. They would do things like leave me out of conversations, and then hold me accountable for information that was never shared with me. I was constantly overdue for promotions and eventually gave up on asking for them. I was given impossible expectations for promotion, such as mentoring junior engineers, when there wasn't a single engineer more junior than myself located in the US on our team. We were expected to submit patent ideas, and then were not given any work with room for invention. To top it off, compensation was very much just average with little room for improvement. Lennox is a sinking ship, weighed down by LITC. I'm very happy to have jumped off.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don’t get too comfortable! You’re only a number and a replaceable number at that!

Nov 21, 2020 - Credit Service Analyst in Alcoa, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lennox offers an awesome 401k package.

Cons

1. Too much middle management that do not support their analysts or demonstrate the leadership qualities a supervisor should to lead a team. 2. Workload to pay ratio just isn’t sufficient. As a credit manager with lennox, new tasks were added to my job description every other week. 3. Favoritism was shown day in and day out. 4. No room to move up in the organization. I applied for a position that was offered to someone else outside of the organization... & it was a lateral move (which I was completely qualified for). 5. Little to no transparency from Senior Management down to the individual contributors. 6. Absolutely no training offered what so ever 7. Turnover is way too high (I’m sure it has to do with the lack of training offered) Lennox OVERALL is a good company. Lennox Customer Financial Services overall is a department filled with politics, favoritism, lack of leadership, with no room for growth. I was never officially trained at Lennox. I took my previous 15 years of knowledge from being a Credit Manager and applied it to my role at Lennox. However, if you don’t have the guidance and support to complete your job effectively, you will never be an asset to the organization and will be let go.

2 people found this review helpful