Lennox Reviews | Glassdoor

Lennox Reviews

Updated August 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • work life balance, flexiblity to work from home when needed, company has been around for over 100 years (in 16 reviews)

• Good company, pretty good benefits (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can get a little crazy especially in the summer, but its the nature of the business (in 4 reviews)

• Senior management has an agenda that doesn't always mesh with reality in the field (in 6 reviews)

"Do not believe everything"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Richardson, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay, great benefits, Weekends off, great time

Cons

slow to make permanent, high turn over, horrible training.

Advice to Management

Improve your training program.

"Counter Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Counter Sales Associate in Roanoke, VA
    Current Employee - Counter Sales Associate in Roanoke, VA

I have been working at Lennox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work!!!!! The company desires to see employees excel in their positions and encourage advancement of desires. Very family friendly company to work for.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about this company. I have recommended several positions to friends. I can say enough how wonderful this company is to their employees.

3. "Awesome company!"

Current Employee - Store Manager of LPP in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Store Manager of LPP in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Lennox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, compensation, associates, management, business model, OEM,

Cons

N O N E !

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

4. "Disappointed"

I have been working at Lennox full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

it is a great place to work when its a good working team

Cons

I have been working for Lennox for 13 years I started back in 1999 work as a Counter Sales associate for 4 years than the offer me a management position for a new store I took it was a great opportunity work in that position for 4 more years than I wanted to move to another state I asked for a transfer they did not gave it to me I even said that I will do something else I'm bilingual but no they did not gave me nothing. I move I gave them 3 months’ notice because I wanted to come back. I did got rehired 3 years ago but the manager that hire me back started me at the lowest pay rate like if I had no experience at all I just find out that the new people that are getting hire now are getting pay a 25% more than me. I don't want to say this but I feel discriminated I have being passed 2 times for management position instead they bring people that don't know what they are doing and guess what I'm the one that have to train them I'm just getting tire of this they just keep promising and I don't get promoted and don't get an raise. I don't think I deserve this I get pay almost the same as back in 1999 when I first got hired

"Lennox IT role"

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Richardson, TX

I worked at Lennox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay if you can negotiate that upfront
    Good people & quite a positive environment
    Trying to change with the winds of change in IT technologies (Agile, Cloud, Biz-IT vs IT standalone)

Cons

Long tenures of people resistant to change
    Promotions mostly based of merit but heavily leaning on longer tenures
    Lots of islands of knowledge/single man skill sets; hard to get it out of them for benefit of the company

Advice to Management

Look into the PROS & CONS and do something about it

6. "Logistics CO-op"

Pros

Stable company with not many day to day challenges. Co-op program great for people who want to work while going to school

Cons

People with interest in HVAC industry would enjoy working at Lennox

7. "Territory Manager"

I have been working at Lennox full-time

Pros

Awesome support and continued learning

Cons

I can't think of any

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing

"Bad Manager,Not a leader"

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Lennox full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Better compensation plan than most territory manager positions out there.

Cons

Lennox better wake up and take care of its existing dealers instead of having an overwhelming interest in signing up new business. Current dealers are getting fed up with Lennox signing new dealers that Lennox shouldn't even being doing business with as these new dealers don't have any loyalty, they just buy from whom ever is lowest price and in the meantime, long time Lennox dealers are starting to realize that Lennox doesn't care about the partnership and helping them compete-in other words its all about Lennox and their stock price. These dealers are starting to offer 2 or more lines to compete because Lennnox is the most expensive equipment on the street and long time dealers have been losing jobs to lower priced competitors with good names like Trane, Carrier, Bryant, Am Std, Rheem...Forget about a long term career at Lennox if you don't make new customer goal. Avg time for TM's at Lennox is only 3 years, because the yearly increase to sales goal is unrealistic and ultimately you will make less after hitting your sales goals for one year.... Also, District manager does nothing to help you if you are up against some major obstacles- uses negative conference calls and emails-doesn't take your phone calls, return VM's , emails or texts. Truly unfit to lead a district-always talks about making his bonus and makes TM's feel bad because he isn't making any money- all about him and nothing else..

Advice to Management

Instead of looking at the TM's and why sales are down, look at the policies and their DM;s and ask them what they are doing to help the district hit sales goal and helping their TM's succeed...Set up more realistic new customer goals based on the territory and the demographics and populous instead of taking a yearly district new customer goals and dividing equally among the number of territories in the district. just not fare at all.

9. "Mechanical Engineer I: great first job experience at Lennox"

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Carrollton, TX
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Carrollton, TX

I have been working at Lennox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

very flexible hours, friendly coworkers and management

Cons

some foreign employees still struggle with english and it can lead to some communication issues.

Advice to Management

keep it up

"New Employee Perspective"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Lennox (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company culture. Friendly and aggressive toward healthy living.

Cons

Same as all of America. The company is managed for Wallstreet. This causes organizations to lose sight on long term sustained growth and employee relations.

Advice to Management

Although Wall street focuses on constant growth don't forget businesses experience ups and downs. Down times are great opportunities to attract key people from competitors. Staff your support team to service your sales.