Leon Medical Centers Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Benjamín León, III

"Good company to work if you are willing to learn and live with the internals."

Current Employee - MIS Department in Doral, FL
    Current Employee - MIS Department in Doral, FL

I have been working at Leon Medical Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They do invest in people. They have decent, not great, benefits over all and depends where you work at you are surrender by great people with great values, willing to help.

Cons

They do not care about how management is. No one trust the open door policy to go and talk because they manage by fear. Bonuses and increases are a joke and an insult to common sense when you see that managers don't value what you do for the company and step on you making your professional life more stressed if apply.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of good people working hard for company best interests. Train management and help them to appreciate what their have in theirs teams. This is a good company with good intentions, so fine tuning the approach on how things are done and you would have a really great place to work for and benefit not only employees but patients. We are ladies and gentlemen with higher commitments to humanity. Do not fail to keep them for arrogance and personal interests.

Leon Medical Centers Response

Jun 21, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you have a concern with the management but would be happy to discuss it with you further. Please feel free to contact me. Walfredo Leiva, HR Manager ... More

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Miami, FL

I worked at Leon Medical Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are not a lot of pros to working in this company only paid vacation, sick days, and personal days, that's it.

Cons

Difficult to grow within the company the paid is not good and not enough for what you have to do. The working environment is very bad. People live with constant fear of loosing their job, the fear is often inflicted by the department supervisor. They expect you to work weekends and leave a day early or come to work late during the weekday. So you ended having no day off. For the pay that they offer working in this company under fear and stress is not worth it. I have worked in many other places and this was indeed the worst job experience I ever had. Very good service for their patients but employee treatment is horrible. There is a lot of favoritism.

Advice to Management

Employees should be treated with importance and the work environment should be positive this should start with the supervisors, don't think that by inflicting fear on employees about loosing their job, they are going to work better . Since the empoyees are the ones doing the job for the company to grow they should be treated with kindness and respect.

3. "Solid Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Leon Medical Centers (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good company and very decent benefits

Cons

Not much room for advancement in certain positions

"Good company to work for if you want a salary increase of $.25 hr/year"

Current Employee - PC-Tech in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - PC-Tech in Miami, FL

I have been working at Leon Medical Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job is good. A lot of OT

Cons

People get to be promoted no because they deserve it. Promotions are base of who you know. Reason why most managers do not know what are they doing and do not know how to deal with the employees. They use fear to handle people. Official language is Spanish.Yes we are in US but this Leon. You better learn spanish. No a friendly environment to work since you cannot trust any body. People seen to be your friend, turn around and they will backstab you. Salaries are under pay

Advice to Management

Management do not care. They will tell you that they receive more than 2000 aplicacions a month.

6. "Great Values but lacking corporate structure."

Current Employee - Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Leon Medical Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive Environment, Focused on improving senior care in Miami-Dade.

Cons

Not many opportunities for growth.

Advice to Management

Create growth paths for current and prospective employees.

7. "Xray tech"

Former Employee - X-Ray Technologist in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - X-Ray Technologist in Miami, FL

I worked at Leon Medical Centers (More than a year)

Pros

Great team work, fast paced, appreciate your hard work

Cons

None. I have no complains

8. "X ray"

Current Employee - X Ray in Doral, FL
    Current Employee - X Ray in Doral, FL

I have been working at Leon Medical Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with patients is very good and it makes my job great. I love the environment and the service I offer to the patients.

Cons

Pay is below average. We are required to be CRT or certified radiologic technologists yet get paid as if we were limited scope x-ray technicians. Limited scope x-ray techs do not give oral contrast. We are required to administer oral contrast when the CT tech is not in the center. Limited scope is not allowed to do.

Advice to Management

Please pay an average radiologic technologist salary as we are CRT not limited scope x ray technicians. You hire only CRT, certified radiologic technologists, yet we don't earn CRT salary. The average CRT salary is $22.00. Our salary is below average at only $15.00 hr. That is a high school diploma salary. We earned an associate's degree that deserves better pay. Please pay your employees real average salaries and not below average

"Sr Application Analyst"

Former Employee - Applications Analyst in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Applications Analyst in Miami, FL

I worked at Leon Medical Centers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You come across of a variety of challenges that push you to learn more and give your best.

Cons

Unnecessary overtime. A lot of waste and redundancy in the work/processes. Poor management. Very unstable environment in general. They just fire you if you do not do what you are told. Only a few are that are "friends"with the owners are treated like very specials individuals, they get more benefits like a great salary, and promotions despite their qualification etc. The rest of us honest/ loyal employees are treated very badly and when they get tired of you they just fire you and the excuses are just unbelievable . I do not recommend this company. I worked there for more than 5 years. It was hard to maintain my job for so long and it was affecting my health for the constant stress and pressure out things that shouldn't matter when you are a professional giving your best to the company you are working with/for.

Leon Medical Centers Response

Mar 24, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for the candid feedback. Leon Medical Centers is an institution based on hard work and commitment to excellence where the individual (patient or employee) matters. I am happy that you ... More

"Medical Records"

Current Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Hialeah, FL
    Current Employee - Medical Records Clerk in Hialeah, FL

I have been working at Leon Medical Centers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leon Medical Centers includes benefits, bonuses, paid holidays, vacation, sick days, & etc.

Cons

There are no cons of working in Leon Medical Centers.

"The Best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

I have been working at Leon Medical Centers full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being part of a community of professional employees that seek to serve geriatric patients with clinical excellence, compassion, pride and empathy. Great work environment and great benefits!

Cons

Wish we could do more

Advice to Management

Continue the quest for excellence