LesConcierges Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ramesh Patel

Pros
  • great location in downtown area near restaurants and such (in 15 reviews)

• LC has great people offering great services in an industry that is growing globally (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much of a communication between upper management and the floor (in 9 reviews)

• Too much favoritism in one particular call center (in 8 reviews)

"I'd pass"

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun people with lots of team outings to events in the city and sometimes up to Napa and other areas.

Cons

Call center environment open 24 hours, so shifts can be funky. Pay is low for the area. Especially for a company right in the heart of the most expensive city in the US.

"The Bully Must Go"

Current Employee - Luxury Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Luxury Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The advantages and benefits I had when I joined have long been replaced with harassment and fear.

Cons

Our female leader in the SF office is an extreme bully. She leads by fear and intimidation. We just can't figure out how she has gotten away with this for so long? The office morale is at it's worst in the 3 years I have been here. We no longer have any HR team to assist us. Our new John Paul company has done nothing to improve our work situation.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership needs to be replaced. It's that simple. We've lost so many accounts and no new business has been targeted. A tragedy that could have been avoided with the proper leadership.

"Can Someone Explain The Chaos?"

Current Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've enjoyed the PTO and Benefits afforded me while working here. The employees I have worked with are pleasant and have good hearts and try to make this a good place to work.

Cons

When I was hired I was lead to believe there were career opportunities but that is NOT the case. The senior manager holds us back. The workforce here is stagnant. Our Managers are inept, but not totally to blame because they report to a terrifying person who uses her power to scare people into submission. Does she think we don't see this? I've worked 3 different accounts and they all took their business away to other companies. The Atlanta office was closed and we never understood why. All the effort now is to make the Miami office the way of the future. How do you think that makes us feel? We've lost so many members of our team to other companies because they cannot put up with the daily stressful environment. We no longer have an HR Team to develop and grow us, our last one left today, not sure if he quit or was terminated? That makes 2 HR people gone in 4 weeks. We thought the merger with John Paul would bring good opportunity but it's amazing how things have stayed the same and actually got worse because the new John Paul didn't get rid of bad management. Such a bad situation.

Advice to Management

Whoever is at the top needs to clean house of the current leaders and Managers. The company cannot progress with the same people who have dragged us under for so long.

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

best part about this company is that the benefits started day 1. Also, the pay rate was pretty good to start out in a call center environment.

Cons

the structure is horrible. very unprofessional co workers. upper management does not communicate until they are under the gun to make changes. very unstable.

"Improvement For 2017"

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Miami, FL

Pros

Benefits, interesting colleagues, challenging work.

Cons

Lack of transparency, credibility, wage increase, performance review, commission, bonus and morale.

Advice to Management

Overqualified, educated personnel are frustrated and eventually leave. Please nurture, train and provide opportunities for your staff - you are only as strong as your weakest link.

7. "Executive Team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely smart people, world-class customers, and significant growth. Excellent opportunities for career development and advancement.

Cons

Rapid growth and global expansion always bring challenges. That said, growth was well-managed, and LC had the best people (and customers) in the industry.

"The worst place I have ever worked!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, NJ

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Decent benefits and awarded PTO

Cons

Since your management is an absolute joke!! The lack of professionalism, communication, the basic rules of management! They treat their employees like crap and they continue to get away with it. It's a toxic work environment that is only going to continue to get worse!

Advice to Management

Learn how to train communicate and treat your employees with dignity and respect!

"Potential to Improve"

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location. Interesting subject matter (hospitality & travel.)
    Overtime & holiday pay
    Great training

Cons

High employee turnover. We were consistently pulling extra weight since people were coming and going.
    Some offerings were entirely miscommunicated to customers, which concierges had to them defend and clarify (hostilities at time.)

Advice to Management

Clarity.

"Get out of the boat!"

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

Pros

location, location, location. - Walking distance to BART.
    There was once upon a time when Quarterly bonuses existed. Not sure if they still do offer bonuses.
    Receiving "KUDOS" from your customers

Cons

There is a very serious lack of real structured training, high turnover (there's been 4 members of the HR team in & out in the past 2 years that have now abandoned ship), city parking prices are ridiculously overpriced and because it's a 24 hour call center park your car at your own risk, the office itself and the employees have a mentality of "to each his own", meaning when work is passed on to the next shift, expect to have to piece together a puzzle before you can work on it. There is certainly more to be concerned about than there are on the pros list.
    daytime commute is busy.

Advice to Management

pay the employees what they deserve, after all many of them still employed with the company now have come through a lot with so little in return. All people matter. What happened you the core values?

11. "CFO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely dedicated team of people

Cons

still in transition phase from recent changes and merger