LesConcierges Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

2.6
Ramesh Patel

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great location in downtown area near restaurants and such (in 15 reviews)

• Great work environment with amazing colleagues and managers supporting each other as a team (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much of a communication between upper management and the floor (in 9 reviews)

• Call center environment open 24 hours, so shifts can be funky (in 8 reviews)

1. "CFO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely dedicated team of people

Cons

still in transition phase from recent changes and merger

"The Bully Must Go"

Current Employee - Luxury Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Luxury Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The advantages and benefits I had when I joined have long been replaced with harassment and fear.

Cons

Our female leader in the SF office is an extreme bully. She leads by fear and intimidation. We just can't figure out how she has gotten away with this for so long? The office morale is at it's worst in the 3 years I have been here. We no longer have any HR team to assist us. Our new John Paul company has done nothing to improve our work situation.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership needs to be replaced. It's that simple. We've lost so many accounts and no new business has been targeted. A tragedy that could have been avoided with the proper leadership.

"Can Someone Explain The Chaos?"

Current Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've enjoyed the PTO and Benefits afforded me while working here. The employees I have worked with are pleasant and have good hearts and try to make this a good place to work.

Cons

When I was hired I was lead to believe there were career opportunities but that is NOT the case. The senior manager holds us back. The workforce here is stagnant. Our Managers are inept, but not totally to blame because they report to a terrifying person who uses her power to scare people into submission. Does she think we don't see this? I've worked 3 different accounts and they all took their business away to other companies. The Atlanta office was closed and we never understood why. All the effort now is to make the Miami office the way of the future. How do you think that makes us feel? We've lost so many members of our team to other companies because they cannot put up with the daily stressful environment. We no longer have an HR Team to develop and grow us, our last one left today, not sure if he quit or was terminated? That makes 2 HR people gone in 4 weeks. We thought the merger with John Paul would bring good opportunity but it's amazing how things have stayed the same and actually got worse because the new John Paul didn't get rid of bad management. Such a bad situation.

Advice to Management

Whoever is at the top needs to clean house of the current leaders and Managers. The company cannot progress with the same people who have dragged us under for so long.

4. "Getting there"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges (More than a year)

Pros

Location, decent pay, qualifications offered, some interesting work if you like travel.

Cons

Very busy and reactive, not always focused on the right things.

Advice to Management

Focus on staff and service.

"Watch out. HR is putting false reviews in here."

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Great location. Colleagues are great.

Cons

Pays extremely low. Everyone is looking to leave.

Advice to Management

Pay your people more and really get to know them and their needs.

6. "Corporate Concierge"

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LesConcierges (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits, free beverages
    Training is exceptional since they have changed the structure and there are a mix of personalities.
    Management takes the time to really hear your concerns and try to accommodate you the best they can. There have been a lot of complaints, but being here, I have realized that some people are not suited for the job. They really need more people with hospitality and travel experiences as well as people truly interested in luxury clients. You never really know what will happen when you answer the phone!! Be prepared. It's a rewarding and great learning experience.

Cons

They are in the process of transitioning and growing as a company so there are some problems. Some people do what they want or don't listen and it affects the company as a whole. Management is in the process of filtering out bad seeds and hiring and training better individuals. High profile clients can be stressful sometimes, but it's important not to take things personally and really go above and beyond for the clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to have a listening ear and crack down on the things that are important for the overall success of the company. Don't let a few bad apples discourage you and keep hiring and training.

7. "Great prospects"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges (Less than a year)

Pros

LC has great people offering great services in an industry that is growing globally.
    Great city center working locations.

Cons

Needs to improve internal communication and avoid creating silos.

"The Ship is Sinking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges (More than 5 years)

Pros

This used to be a wonderful place to work. It is in a great location in a beautiful office and was full of wonderful, talented people. Sadly, that is no longer the case as management has done nothing to make these people feel valued, and they all left. The only positive thing left is the fruit and free sodas we are given.

Cons

Employees are leaving at an exponential rate and the ones are still here have checked out. There is no respect from management and in return, there is no longer respect from employees. Everyone, including management comes in when they want and do the most minimal work required.

Booking tools are horrible and consistently get errors.

Advice to Management

You need to act fast to try to keep the employees whom you have. You cannot run a business without them. Everyone is looking to jump ship, unless you can make them feel valued and appreciated. Otherwise, you are months away from having no staff, and if you don't have staff, you won't have clients.

"White Boys Club"

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Location (if you work early enough to leave the building safely)

Insurance & a paycheck

Cons

Terrifying ineptness, intellectual thievery, cronyism run riot. The cliques, the bullying, the never ending pressure to do more with less. New CEO is disrespectful of employees,treats them like the little people with zero care for the product they deliver on the phone. Current training department is not up to the job. If you are a white man willing to put in long hours, smoke in the alley with your bosses boss, and destroy all hope of a personal life you have a good shot at promotion. Female? Not white? Work harder and longer for fewer offers, lower bonuses and less attention. Dealing with the Atlanta office is a never ending nightmare. If you take customer service or your sanity seriously do not work here.

Advice to Management

You've heard all the advice you need over and over. The reviews here tell a very consistent story that you reject out of hand. These bad reviews all sound the same because they are telling the truth. Stop complaining that they make you look bad and bullying those who write them in company-wide emails and address the clearly stated problems.

"Letter To Santa Part ll"

Current Employee - Shift Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The location is wonderful. It had so much culture around. Being in the heart of the financial district / Union square. I couldnt have picked a better one

Cons

I as well as 95 percent of my fellow co-workers can go on and on about what is wrong with this place. The constant deception, lies, bullying by co managing director (singular, thanks for the lovely email) is endless. We work in a place where we are not respected, valued, or truly cared about. In my first letter i address serious concerns but instead was attacked in a childish and egocentric long winded letter by a certain co manager that has no business in the position.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to stop ignoring all of the things being said. Take your employees seriously, hear us out. The reason no one comes fourth is because of the retaliation that comes after. HR isn't a safe place as it should, the "boys team" or "man cave" as we call it is full of employees who do nothing but flaunt their undeserving titles in people's face and make endless numbers of empty promises and smoke cigarettes all day long. They have taken away so much of our PTO no sick time, no paid vacations. It's getting worse by the second. When I first got hired there was almost no where to sit a call center full of people, now it's empty and whats left are a bunch of unhappy overworked employees who get nothing. The incentives that are given free coffee or a food tasting night which means nothing they don't care. And it's sad and it's heartbreaking to see that in the line of work that we do and that we "promise" to our clients are filled with people who are not meant to deal with people we have a lot of smart team members but none of them know how to manage. To manage you need someone who is looked upon and knows how to communicate and friendly and open. Instead we have egotistical prideful managers who like to intimidate. The email that was sent out to the company about "not hiding" behind glassdoor was to intimidate and it showed their weakness. Lesconcierges is falling and they will be to blame.