LesConcierges Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ramesh Patel

Pros
  • great location in downtown area near restaurants and such (in 15 reviews)

• LC has great people offering great services in an industry that is growing globally (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much of a communication between upper management and the floor (in 9 reviews)

• Too much favoritism in one particular call center (in 8 reviews)

"The Bully Must Go"

Current Employee - Luxury Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Luxury Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The advantages and benefits I had when I joined have long been replaced with harassment and fear.

Cons

Our female leader in the SF office is an extreme bully. She leads by fear and intimidation. We just can't figure out how she has gotten away with this for so long? The office morale is at it's worst in the 3 years I have been here. We no longer have any HR team to assist us. Our new John Paul company has done nothing to improve our work situation.

Advice to Management

Senior leadership needs to be replaced. It's that simple. We've lost so many accounts and no new business has been targeted. A tragedy that could have been avoided with the proper leadership.

"Can Someone Explain The Chaos?"

Current Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've enjoyed the PTO and Benefits afforded me while working here. The employees I have worked with are pleasant and have good hearts and try to make this a good place to work.

Cons

When I was hired I was lead to believe there were career opportunities but that is NOT the case. The senior manager holds us back. The workforce here is stagnant. Our Managers are inept, but not totally to blame because they report to a terrifying person who uses her power to scare people into submission. Does she think we don't see this? I've worked 3 different accounts and they all took their business away to other companies. The Atlanta office was closed and we never understood why. All the effort now is to make the Miami office the way of the future. How do you think that makes us feel? We've lost so many members of our team to other companies because they cannot put up with the daily stressful environment. We no longer have an HR Team to develop and grow us, our last one left today, not sure if he quit or was terminated? That makes 2 HR people gone in 4 weeks. We thought the merger with John Paul would bring good opportunity but it's amazing how things have stayed the same and actually got worse because the new John Paul didn't get rid of bad management. Such a bad situation.

Advice to Management

Whoever is at the top needs to clean house of the current leaders and Managers. The company cannot progress with the same people who have dragged us under for so long.

"Beware of fake 'positive' reviews"

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can't think of many... core concierges are generally great, but undertrained and unsupported by management. Benefits were better before the merge. The free water and soft drinks are good

Cons

Management sucks. Elitist, unqualified, unprofessional.
    No transparency. No communication.
    Unachievable, ambiguous bonus structure. No accountability. No vertical career growth opportunities. And now it looks like someone is posting fake reviews, because the ratings just spiked upwards.

Advice to Management

Resign. You've done enough damage.

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

best part about this company is that the benefits started day 1. Also, the pay rate was pretty good to start out in a call center environment.

Cons

the structure is horrible. very unprofessional co workers. upper management does not communicate until they are under the gun to make changes. very unstable.

"Improvement For 2017"

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Miami, FL

Pros

Benefits, interesting colleagues, challenging work.

Cons

Lack of transparency, credibility, wage increase, performance review, commission, bonus and morale.

Advice to Management

Overqualified, educated personnel are frustrated and eventually leave. Please nurture, train and provide opportunities for your staff - you are only as strong as your weakest link.

"We may not be the worst company on the planet but, we're here working at it every day!"

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge

Pros

It's a onday through Friday job.

Cons

Salary, no raises, no 401k match,, horrible unethical management, no growth-dead end job, treated like we're in elementary school,

Advice to Management

When one of your EL companies gives you money to give to your concierges because they know we never get raises from you, for God sake give it to the concierge! They use the money we make for this company to fund non profitable sectors of the company instead of Giving those people raises. Then you cry saying there's no money to give us! There is money! We make you a ton in commissions! Give it to those who earned it for you and get rid of the unprofitable sectors!

8. "lifestyle consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The working environment of the company is good. Everyone is vert friendly and kind

Cons

I cannot see the clear promotion path.

"Truly awful"

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My direct teammates are great!
    My (now former) manager was amazing
    Plenty of time off

Cons

We have not gotten a pay increase in years, despite exceeding every goal set for us. Last year we were actually told by upper management "oh we forgot to put your pay increases in the budget for this year, so we'll try to remember to do that for this upcoming year" and then she laughed! Who does that?!

There is no communication between management and those of us in the field, and then they have a nasty attitude when we ask questions or try to give constructive criticisms.

There is a real problem with favoritism, going so far as to fire good long term employees to free up a position for people who lost their accounts due to poor management skills. Everything about this company looks amazing on the outside, but is incredibly shady and disappointing when you look closer.

Advice to Management

Give us the pay increases we not only deserve, but have been promised over and over.
    Learn to communicate and behave like adults.

"Concierge"

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge

Pros

Good co-workers, many of become real friends. Pleasant work environment. great location in downtown area near restaurants and such. Easy commute for most people.

Cons

Company has changed hands twice in 2016. We were bought and months later the company that bought us was bought by a bigger company. Very little communication with employees about changes. We get mixed messages from management about what is going on. Most managers are not well equipped to be managers. Ongoing training nonexistent. Very little room for advancement from Concierge level. No employee incentives or employee relation programs to boost morale.

Advice to Management

More direct human communication with your employees will better serve you. Institute some kind of employee relations program. That will help employees feel like a team.

11. "bad management"

Former Employee - Lifestyle Consultant
    Former Employee - Lifestyle Consultant

I worked at LesConcierges (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues are friendly, nice working environment. Great location.

Cons

-Managerial team do not care people, which leads to bad quality of customer service.
    -Many troubles within the management team.
    -No growth opportunity.
    -Just get paid monthly, no other benefits.
    -The company just invest in the office, but not people.