LesConcierges Reviews | Glassdoor

LesConcierges Reviews

Updated July 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great location in downtown area near restaurants and such (in 15 reviews)

• Great work environment with amazing colleagues and managers supporting each other as a team (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much of a communication between upper management and the floor (in 9 reviews)

• Call center environment open 24 hours, so shifts can be funky (in 8 reviews)

"We may not be the worst company on the planet but, we're here working at it every day!"

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge

Pros

It's a onday through Friday job.

Cons

Salary, no raises, no 401k match,, horrible unethical management, no growth-dead end job, treated like we're in elementary school,

Advice to Management

When one of your EL companies gives you money to give to your concierges because they know we never get raises from you, for God sake give it to the concierge! They use the money we make for this company to fund non profitable sectors of the company instead of Giving those people raises. Then you cry saying there's no money to give us! There is money! We make you a ton in commissions! Give it to those who earned it for you and get rid of the unprofitable sectors!

"Truly awful"

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My direct teammates are great!
    My (now former) manager was amazing
    Plenty of time off

Cons

We have not gotten a pay increase in years, despite exceeding every goal set for us. Last year we were actually told by upper management "oh we forgot to put your pay increases in the budget for this year, so we'll try to remember to do that for this upcoming year" and then she laughed! Who does that?!

There is no communication between management and those of us in the field, and then they have a nasty attitude when we ask questions or try to give constructive criticisms.

There is a real problem with favoritism, going so far as to fire good long term employees to free up a position for people who lost their accounts due to poor management skills. Everything about this company looks amazing on the outside, but is incredibly shady and disappointing when you look closer.

Advice to Management

Give us the pay increases we not only deserve, but have been promised over and over.
    Learn to communicate and behave like adults.

"I'd pass"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun people with lots of team outings to events in the city and sometimes up to Napa and other areas.

Cons

Call center environment open 24 hours, so shifts can be funky. Pay is low for the area. Especially for a company right in the heart of the most expensive city in the US.

"Concierge"

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge

Pros

Good co-workers, many of become real friends. Pleasant work environment. great location in downtown area near restaurants and such. Easy commute for most people.

Cons

Company has changed hands twice in 2016. We were bought and months later the company that bought us was bought by a bigger company. Very little communication with employees about changes. We get mixed messages from management about what is going on. Most managers are not well equipped to be managers. Ongoing training nonexistent. Very little room for advancement from Concierge level. No employee incentives or employee relation programs to boost morale.

Advice to Management

More direct human communication with your employees will better serve you. Institute some kind of employee relations program. That will help employees feel like a team.

5. "Executive Team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely smart people, world-class customers, and significant growth. Excellent opportunities for career development and advancement.

Cons

Rapid growth and global expansion always bring challenges. That said, growth was well-managed, and LC had the best people (and customers) in the industry.

"It's gone downhill so fast"

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PTO/incentive time, good co-workers, nice location

Cons

Where to begin. Senior management as everyone had mentioned below is absolutely abysmal. They do not care about their employees at all. Many people have not gotten well-deserved raises in years, after consistently exceeding goals, due to the fact they are so cheap. Communication? Forget about it. Senior management makes working here so unbearable because they do not want to listen to any type of critique or care, leaving the employees no choice but to quit. That is the hope for Senior management so that they can hire people who don't have any experience and bring them on for well-below market industry raises. Therefore LC is willing to lose accounts because of their lack of caring for employees, which is insane but they are so short sighted they don't see the repercussions of their actions long term.

Do yourself a giant favor- do not work here even in the most dire of circumstances.

Advice to Management

Resign.

"The worst place I have ever worked!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, NJ

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Decent benefits and awarded PTO

Cons

Since your management is an absolute joke!! The lack of professionalism, communication, the basic rules of management! They treat their employees like crap and they continue to get away with it. It's a toxic work environment that is only going to continue to get worse!

Advice to Management

Learn how to train communicate and treat your employees with dignity and respect!

"Needs to be for their people and provide stability"

Pros

Great Coworkers
    Great pay and benefits

Cons

Not for the employees
    No sense of security

Advice to Management

Please Please Please learn how to be more for your employees and provide them a sense of security

"Potential to Improve"

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location. Interesting subject matter (hospitality & travel.)
    Overtime & holiday pay
    Great training

Cons

High employee turnover. We were consistently pulling extra weight since people were coming and going.
    Some offerings were entirely miscommunicated to customers, which concierges had to them defend and clarify (hostilities at time.)

Advice to Management

Clarity.

"Get out of the boat!"

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

Pros

location, location, location. - Walking distance to BART.
    There was once upon a time when Quarterly bonuses existed. Not sure if they still do offer bonuses.
    Receiving "KUDOS" from your customers

Cons

There is a very serious lack of real structured training, high turnover (there's been 4 members of the HR team in & out in the past 2 years that have now abandoned ship), city parking prices are ridiculously overpriced and because it's a 24 hour call center park your car at your own risk, the office itself and the employees have a mentality of "to each his own", meaning when work is passed on to the next shift, expect to have to piece together a puzzle before you can work on it. There is certainly more to be concerned about than there are on the pros list.
    daytime commute is busy.

Advice to Management

pay the employees what they deserve, after all many of them still employed with the company now have come through a lot with so little in return. All people matter. What happened you the core values?