LesConcierges Reviews | Glassdoor

LesConcierges Reviews

Updated May 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • great location in downtown area near restaurants and such (in 15 reviews)

• LC has great people offering great services in an industry that is growing globally (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much of a communication between upper management and the floor (in 9 reviews)

• Too much favoritism in one particular call center (in 8 reviews)

"Watch out. HR is putting false reviews in here."

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Great location. Colleagues are great.

Cons

Pays extremely low. Everyone is looking to leave.

Advice to Management

Pay your people more and really get to know them and their needs.

2. "Corporate Concierge"

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LesConcierges (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits, free beverages
    Training is exceptional since they have changed the structure and there are a mix of personalities.
    Management takes the time to really hear your concerns and try to accommodate you the best they can. There have been a lot of complaints, but being here, I have realized that some people are not suited for the job. They really need more people with hospitality and travel experiences as well as people truly interested in luxury clients. You never really know what will happen when you answer the phone!! Be prepared. It's a rewarding and great learning experience.

Cons

They are in the process of transitioning and growing as a company so there are some problems. Some people do what they want or don't listen and it affects the company as a whole. Management is in the process of filtering out bad seeds and hiring and training better individuals. High profile clients can be stressful sometimes, but it's important not to take things personally and really go above and beyond for the clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to have a listening ear and crack down on the things that are important for the overall success of the company. Don't let a few bad apples discourage you and keep hiring and training.

3. "Great prospects"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges (Less than a year)

Pros

LC has great people offering great services in an industry that is growing globally.
    Great city center working locations.

Cons

Needs to improve internal communication and avoid creating silos.

"Trending Down"

Former Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Co-workers are all great people

Cons

Management - Drunks, Drug Users, Power Trippers, just to name a few
    Ownership- Has been trying to farm off company for years

Advice to Management

Sell off the company to someone who cares about providing service.

6. "Great benefits"

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits! traveling on companies expense, meeting great people on and off the phone.

Cons

management, give some people a little piece of power and everything goes left...

Advice to Management

really do your research on who you deicide to promote. some people don't deserve the power their are given.

"The Ship is Sinking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges (More than 5 years)

Pros

This used to be a wonderful place to work. It is in a great location in a beautiful office and was full of wonderful, talented people. Sadly, that is no longer the case as management has done nothing to make these people feel valued, and they all left. The only positive thing left is the fruit and free sodas we are given.

Cons

Employees are leaving at an exponential rate and the ones are still here have checked out. There is no respect from management and in return, there is no longer respect from employees. Everyone, including management comes in when they want and do the most minimal work required.

Booking tools are horrible and consistently get errors.

Advice to Management

You need to act fast to try to keep the employees whom you have. You cannot run a business without them. Everyone is looking to jump ship, unless you can make them feel valued and appreciated. Otherwise, you are months away from having no staff, and if you don't have staff, you won't have clients.

"Upper Management"

Former Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges (More than a year)

Pros

The concierges are for the most part good, hardworking and passionate people--if the company hasn't crushed their spirit yet.

Cons

Toxic environment. The Co. will not invest in the culture of the work environment or working conditions. Did not pay bonuses to employees that left the company even though they were earned during employment. Everyone there knows it is a bad situation. It is felt in the air.

"Stressful, unprofessional, and disorganized environment"

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyed meeting great people on my team. Benefits and pay are not too bad either.

Cons

Training is HORRIBLE! Some managers are unprofessional and lack knowledge of the account. They are quick to mention all the bad and never encourage their teams or acknowledge when they excel. Clients are always frustrated because they are mislead with information. There is no organization, accountability, and clear directives. New employees are thrown on the floor expected to know the processes though they have barely received proper training. Also, managers are never available to assist during escalations. Micromanaging (whenever they want) only makes it worse. Turn over in this company is ridiculously high! It may seem appealing due to benefits and pay but they stress level is not worth it at all!!!

Advice to Management

Properly train your employees and prepare them for success. Acknowledge and appreciate good work ethic. Stop focusing so much on the "quality" of the calls and focus more on the quality of service provided! Clients are more concerned with having great experiences rather than the words that are used over the telephones. Appoint managers that are truly interested in knowing about the account and providing guidance and solutions....provide support to concierge, and use technology that actually works in the concierge's favor rather than against!

10. "Kudos To Everyone on My Team!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great learning experience in my department, love my colleagues, flexible schedule when needed. My direct managers understand and care for me as a team member. Trust, honesty, respect and integrity exist in my department. My direct managers will keep the company going. Keep up the good work! Overall, the company treated me well (two promotions).

Cons

No performance reviews, employee engagement measurments are not available and management training is not available. Salary is not consistent with my experience. Saving money for labor should not be a priority in my department. Keeping clients requires the correct FTE support.

Advice to Management

Train managers/executive team about engagement measurements. It's important to measure annual engagement for employees and management team. Happy employees will create happy clients. Also, measure customer satisfaction and how the company can improve on an annual basis. When doing an RFP, they need to sell the product on engagement scores rather than white glove service standards. White glove service can only be done once they begin to measure employee engagement scores. Many clients want to see employee engagement standards as this is proof of a happy environment. Start engagement measurement today! Invest in this ASAP. Create a QA department to measure management with their team. Gallup will assist LC with this. They need to contact the Gallup organization ASAP! Also, I suggest CEO/CFO should be separate positions, (money shouldn't mix with CEO) my opinion. I suggest everyone in management read Jack Welch's "Winning". Great training tool in a 911 situation. My four stars are for the leaders in mid-management. Management team have a lot to balance. Although, I was treated well, it is obvious that change needs to happen overall.

Please know that these are meaningful comments and I care for those that are trying to make this company a success. Great things are to come for this company if organized and restructured again.

All the negative comments are sad to read so I thought I give a little input on my ideas. However, I'm not an expert. There's a little bit of change required at LC and I do know these are easy fixes. The formula is easy to create.........Good Luck.

"Broken Beyond Repair!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PEOPLE who do the actual work are/were an incredible, talented group of individuals.
    Employee Loyalty division is efficient and successful with an approachable business-minded leader.

Cons

Pompous, overpaid CEO thinks he knows everything but it is clear he does not. His people skills are dismal. The company has run through scores of brilliant professionals whose contributions were under appreciated or under utilized, or both.

Advice to Management

Turn business over to Employee Loyalty and call it a day!