LesConcierges Reviews | Glassdoor

LesConcierges Reviews

Updated July 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great location in downtown area near restaurants and such (in 15 reviews)

• Great work environment with amazing colleagues and managers supporting each other as a team (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much of a communication between upper management and the floor (in 9 reviews)

• Call center environment open 24 hours, so shifts can be funky (in 8 reviews)

"Below Standards"

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid Time Off, Location to Bart/Muni, Holiday Pay, Insurance Benefits,

Cons

Terrible Management who over micro manages employees to the point where they can only take so much, and end up leaving bitter. Extreme favoritism is obvious to which promotions are based on whose most liked, and not the individuals work achievements. Basically the wrong people always seemed to get ahead. Unclear expectations upon hire. You think your getting hired to provide concierge assistance in a call center environment, however; in reality your either providing concierge assistance to a demanding high net worth account, or servicing a penny pinching clientele who thinks the concierge works to research travel discounts. Sometimes the types of requests you service make you feel like your someones personal secretary and not a concierge, again were required to service any request, literally anything.

"Needs help..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location is nice (Union Square SF), concierges staff are some of the most wonderful people you'll meet, hospitality industry perks if you know how to network (free events, etc.), decent benefits (medical, dental)

Cons

Any position above concierge is underpaid, management is overwhelmed and inadequately equipped, executives are invisible and out of touch, concierges staff are consistently and reliably overworked and understaffed.

Advice to Management

Could be a great place to work if things were just sorted out on the executive level, and the labor budget was enough to allow proper staffing, and manager compensation upped to draw more talented managers/properly compensate existing managers.

"dont do it"

Pros

good office location in SF

Cons

everything else: the hours, the pay, the work itself, the lack of vacation time, the list goes on

4. "I feel like I own my own business with a huge support system!"

Former Employee - Off Site Virtual Concierge in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Off Site Virtual Concierge in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at LesConcierges part-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a virtual concierge, I feel that I am a giver of time. People utilize our service to give them more time to be with family, friends, and enjoy their time off. Not many people can say they give people time for a living! (I also get paid well to play with the cutest animals! ) The support team, management and staff alike are proficient and helpful. I love this job! It will be 2 years in June and I'm proud to tell people who I work for!

Cons

Organization and being on time are the two important links in creating a solid relationship with the clients. My only con so far is the traffic around here during rush hour.....no cons in working for this company so far...

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do. You are appreciated!

5. "Getting there"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges (More than a year)

Pros

Location, decent pay, qualifications offered, some interesting work if you like travel.

Cons

Very busy and reactive, not always focused on the right things.

Advice to Management

Focus on staff and service.

"Watch out. HR is putting false reviews in here."

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Great location. Colleagues are great.

Cons

Pays extremely low. Everyone is looking to leave.

Advice to Management

Pay your people more and really get to know them and their needs.

"On the Right Track"

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

I joined LC as part of a business acquisition, and there were a series of management changes for a few years that seemed to lack strategy and prevented the company from focusing on priorities.
    LC’s focus has greatly improved with the current senior management--the company appears to have a much clearer strategy and mission. The company takes their core values to heart—their priorities are to employees and to clients. Client focus and excellence in service delivery is clearly a priority. I feel valued and respected as an employee—our input, issues, and suggestions for improvements matter and are addressed. Management is very fair and is committed to their employees’ growth and satisfaction.

Cons

Insufficient communication to employees from senior company leaders.

Advice to Management

Increase communications to employees regarding company changes and hold more frequent "Town Hall" meetings to keeps emps informed of changes, mission, strategies, growth opportunities, new clients, etc.

8. "Corporate Concierge"

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LesConcierges (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits, free beverages
    Training is exceptional since they have changed the structure and there are a mix of personalities.
    Management takes the time to really hear your concerns and try to accommodate you the best they can. There have been a lot of complaints, but being here, I have realized that some people are not suited for the job. They really need more people with hospitality and travel experiences as well as people truly interested in luxury clients. You never really know what will happen when you answer the phone!! Be prepared. It's a rewarding and great learning experience.

Cons

They are in the process of transitioning and growing as a company so there are some problems. Some people do what they want or don't listen and it affects the company as a whole. Management is in the process of filtering out bad seeds and hiring and training better individuals. High profile clients can be stressful sometimes, but it's important not to take things personally and really go above and beyond for the clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to have a listening ear and crack down on the things that are important for the overall success of the company. Don't let a few bad apples discourage you and keep hiring and training.

9. "Great prospects"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges (Less than a year)

Pros

LC has great people offering great services in an industry that is growing globally.
    Great city center working locations.

Cons

Needs to improve internal communication and avoid creating silos.

"Trending Down"

Former Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Co-workers are all great people

Cons

Management - Drunks, Drug Users, Power Trippers, just to name a few
    Ownership- Has been trying to farm off company for years

Advice to Management

Sell off the company to someone who cares about providing service.