LesConcierges Reviews | Glassdoor

LesConcierges Reviews

Updated March 18, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • great location in downtown area near restaurants and such (in 15 reviews)

• LC has great people offering great services in an industry that is growing globally (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much of a communication between upper management and the floor (in 9 reviews)

• Too much favoritism in one particular call center (in 8 reviews)

"Watch out. HR is putting false reviews in here."

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Great location. Colleagues are great.

Cons

Pays extremely low. Everyone is looking to leave.

Advice to Management

Pay your people more and really get to know them and their needs.

"On the Right Track"

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

I joined LC as part of a business acquisition, and there were a series of management changes for a few years that seemed to lack strategy and prevented the company from focusing on priorities.
    LC’s focus has greatly improved with the current senior management--the company appears to have a much clearer strategy and mission. The company takes their core values to heart—their priorities are to employees and to clients. Client focus and excellence in service delivery is clearly a priority. I feel valued and respected as an employee—our input, issues, and suggestions for improvements matter and are addressed. Management is very fair and is committed to their employees’ growth and satisfaction.

Cons

Insufficient communication to employees from senior company leaders.

Advice to Management

Increase communications to employees regarding company changes and hold more frequent "Town Hall" meetings to keeps emps informed of changes, mission, strategies, growth opportunities, new clients, etc.

3. "Corporate Concierge"

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at LesConcierges (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Pay and Benefits, free beverages
    Training is exceptional since they have changed the structure and there are a mix of personalities.
    Management takes the time to really hear your concerns and try to accommodate you the best they can. There have been a lot of complaints, but being here, I have realized that some people are not suited for the job. They really need more people with hospitality and travel experiences as well as people truly interested in luxury clients. You never really know what will happen when you answer the phone!! Be prepared. It's a rewarding and great learning experience.

Cons

They are in the process of transitioning and growing as a company so there are some problems. Some people do what they want or don't listen and it affects the company as a whole. Management is in the process of filtering out bad seeds and hiring and training better individuals. High profile clients can be stressful sometimes, but it's important not to take things personally and really go above and beyond for the clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to have a listening ear and crack down on the things that are important for the overall success of the company. Don't let a few bad apples discourage you and keep hiring and training.

5. "Great prospects"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges (Less than a year)

Pros

LC has great people offering great services in an industry that is growing globally.
    Great city center working locations.

Cons

Needs to improve internal communication and avoid creating silos.

"Trending Down"

Former Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Co-workers are all great people

Cons

Management - Drunks, Drug Users, Power Trippers, just to name a few
    Ownership- Has been trying to farm off company for years

Advice to Management

Sell off the company to someone who cares about providing service.

"Great employee environment"

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

- Excellent employee benefits. - Very friendly staff and atmosphere. - Many perks for employees. -San Francisco office has good location and very bright, open environment.

Cons

- Not much of a communication between upper management and the floor. - Very hierarchical business structure.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of how things are going on the floor and pay more attention to employee reviews. Do more to motivate employees to improve employee retention.

"A Case Study in Dysfunctionality"

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many talented and passionately creative individuals (sadly, many have left or been forced out) all of them working far too hard out of sheer dedication with little reward and even less thanks; the company's vision of high-touch, personalized service is an attractive one, and it attracts a wide range of applicant background and skills; the multiple global offices are undoubtedly visually impressive; the benefits and compensation (dependent on which location you are working in) can be decent for a call centre. There are opportunities for those who are willing to sell their souls and play the game.

Cons

A complete lack of leadership and accountability permeates all facets of the organization. In such a people-focused business, the arrogance, lack of empathy and emotional intelligence is mind-boggling. Executives with nebulous titles come and go, and often cronyism and cliques determine who's promoted and who's not. The smart, dedicated worker bees (including middle management) are treated like cannon fodder. The company website and recruitment process paint one very rosy picture, once new employees begin, the reality is vastly different. Because of all of this, the company culture is toxic and undermining is rampant. Please beware wary of recent glowing reviews posted here.

Advice to Management

Going "global" so quickly, before you had established a true company culture and a true vision that you could adhere to was a towering mistake. You've spent far too much time acquiescing to your clients' demands (often ridiculous and unreasonable) and far too little time listening to those who were really helping you build your empire. The dysfunction starts at the top, it's time for serious soul-searching and letting others take command, individuals who actually listen, are empathetic and have a soul. Your company has so much potential, but you need to stop flying around the globe like rock stars, staying in 5 star hotels and get back to basics. Hopefully it's not too late to save it.

9. "Overall a great company to work for!"

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

- Excellent benefits (including free healthcare, dental, and vision).
    - Nice PTO package!
    - Employee Perks (discounts to purchase electronics & more)
    - Great staff of working professionals.
    - Free soda/drink machine which is great!
    - Office has a spectacular view of Atlanta

Cons

It would be nice if there was more offered in terms of office events/sales contests etc..

Advice to Management

I am thankful to have this career opportunity with Lesconcierge. There are many plus's as mentioned above. My only advice to management would be to put some focus into motivating employees (office events/sales contests) which goes a long way in terms of employee engagement.

10. "Great benefits"

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits! traveling on companies expense, meeting great people on and off the phone.

Cons

management, give some people a little piece of power and everything goes left...

Advice to Management

really do your research on who you deicide to promote. some people don't deserve the power their are given.

11. "Outstanding Company to Work!"

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love it here. I have truly enjoyed my time working for LC. When I first went back to work I was looking for something that could help me do what I love and yet manage my family as well. LC provided me the opportunity to continue in the customer service industry while having the flexibility to be a mom and deal with the demands of having a family. It is not often that someone can say they truly enjoy their jobs however I definitely can! I have also seen them work to provide opportunities for advancement and growth in positions across the company. The company takes time to really listen to employee ideas and implements those which are a good fit for the employees throughout the company. In the past year they have started several new initiatives for the employees based on employee feedback. I am looking forward to many more fulfilling and productive years with LC.

Cons

Nothing to note at this time

Advice to Management

Keep on providing awesome opportunities for growth while empowering your employees to succeed