LesConcierges Reviews | Glassdoor

LesConcierges Reviews

Updated May 9, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • great location in downtown area near restaurants and such (in 15 reviews)

• LC has great people offering great services in an industry that is growing globally (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much of a communication between upper management and the floor (in 9 reviews)

• Too much favoritism in one particular call center (in 8 reviews)

"Corporate Concierge"

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LesConcierges (Less than a year)

Pros

Workload relatively light on low days

Cons

Fulfillment of multiple requests requires time at the same time remaining to intake more calls

Advice to Management

Nil

"Crashing"

Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

location is good, easy to be promoted for no reason.

Cons

Everyone good or that cared about people has left. Many accounts have left. The only senior leadership who cared about human beings, he left. Literally every manager since then has left, and probably half the accounts. They promoted the worst. person. ever. again. Blatant drunken harassment. She left. (dont tell clients!)

Somehow this is all a good thing, total BS

There seemed to be a shot for awhile, now I dont see how this company can make it to see 2016..the rich continue to get richer and everyone else is just a spreadsheet. Are you losing your company? Try flying first class around the globe a few times and see if it gets any better.

Advice to Management

You just react to everything, do the obvious before the obvious does you.

"Corporate Concierge"

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are awesome, and there are a lot of internal promotions. Clients were fun to talk to and provided some unique concierge challenges.

Cons

Management is very rigid in their ways and do not like any input about efficiency changes. Turnover is VERY high.

"A ways to go, but on the right path"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really good hourly employees - great camaraderie brought upon by daily highly stressful situations - health benefits are not horrible - location is great during the day, but arriving early means you have to deal with a lot of homeless people in the alley ways, scarier if you're a woman - finally have one CEO, one person in control, who seems to be well-intentioned and smart

Cons

Just really awful middle management.. The most poisonous thing to happen to this place was allowing the inept and lazy to convince ownership that they knew what they were doing, and were worthy of promotion. What this accomplished was to divide the company into little pieces, each defended by horrible bosses who were more interested in bringing each other down than building up the company. As a result, the good concierge left or were beaten down to a pulp. Luckily, we've gotten rid of most of those bosses because they either quit, were let go, or they were able to convince another stupid company that they were worth hiring. We have one of those bosses left, but hopefully she'll be seen for the loudmouth, know-nothing bully she really is, and will be let go.

Advice to Management

Think about the people that are taking up your time telling you how great they are and what awesome things they're going to do for the company. Those people are lying, and they've been lying for a long while. See the concierge taking calls? Go up to one of them and ask "What do you need from me to do your job?" Listen to that answer, and do it. I really think the company will do well again, but I'm truly glad I'm not around to go through it all again with you. Good luck.

"Concierge were hard working great people, Management not so much."

Former Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

Nice office, nice location, company provides a great service.

Cons

Outdated equipment, inadequate space for meetings. Not very transparent with clients. Cares more about gaining new clients than training the concierge's.

Advice to Management

START OVER!!!

"White Boys Club"

Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Concierge in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Location (if you work early enough to leave the building safely)

Insurance & a paycheck

Cons

Terrifying ineptness, intellectual thievery, cronyism run riot. The cliques, the bullying, the never ending pressure to do more with less. New CEO is disrespectful of employees,treats them like the little people with zero care for the product they deliver on the phone. Current training department is not up to the job. If you are a white man willing to put in long hours, smoke in the alley with your bosses boss, and destroy all hope of a personal life you have a good shot at promotion. Female? Not white? Work harder and longer for fewer offers, lower bonuses and less attention. Dealing with the Atlanta office is a never ending nightmare. If you take customer service or your sanity seriously do not work here.

Advice to Management

You've heard all the advice you need over and over. The reviews here tell a very consistent story that you reject out of hand. These bad reviews all sound the same because they are telling the truth. Stop complaining that they make you look bad and bullying those who write them in company-wide emails and address the clearly stated problems.

"Sweatshop Call Center - Do not work here!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Centrally located. Some of my colleagues were genuinely nice and easy to work with.

Cons

I worked at Les Concierges for 4 years while attending college to further my education. It was the worst 4 years of my life, and I cringe when I see Les Concierges on my resume. The atmosphere of Les Concierges is like working in a sweatshop factory with a bunch of chain smokers. The managers practice on a daily basis to be condescending, to cut concierge and travel team bonuses for their personal gain, and to take credit of your hard work whenever given the opportunity. Upper management only lies when their lips move. The company paints a pretty picture of service beyond expectations. They demand that their employees pull rabbits out of their hat, call after call, with no tools or resources to leverage from except for Google. The turnover is high, and your team will always be short staffed. Enjoy taking never-ending calls, working nights, weekends, and holidays. To make all matters worse with this sweatshop, the technology provided is lacking by about 10 years. Do yourself a favor and go get educated. Know your self-worth and do not work here. My experience with Les Concierges has been validated by many employees before me. Just read the reviews.

Advice to Management

Quit promoting the worst of the worst, I guess you have to with all the lies. Git rid of the boys club (the 4-5 boys who were all promoted to be managers at once for no good reason). It's evident that there is sexism being practiced. Make all managers do random drug test!

"High School Bullies Rule"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great location, owners are in need of qualified people but they are lied and are not able to distinguish what is the lie and what is the truth. So the people who are capable to tell them the most credible lie, rule. The company had some talented and decent employees but they all were let go. It is so sad. So the best pro that one has to add here is that at some point they had some decent people - educated and passionate about the work. Owners are throwing money at the people who don't have any idea what they are doing. And once the money is spend those people will leave (check on those with high school diplomas who scream 'we the company'. They are absolutely not qualified to lead the company and do any serious business. Once they spend the money (error and trial) they will move and try somewhere else. Some of concierges are very nice and fine educated people. Some of the management, whom the company let go were fine people with good understanding of the business and respect for the knowledge and good work.

Cons

New management and lies. Everybody lies there to everyone and especially to the owners of the company. They would scream 'we the company' - we against all of you. Pretending that they do care when they basically are there just for their own benefits. All possible form of bullying are used.

Advice to Management

Don't lie = if you are not capable to do the job - sooner or later it will show up. So you will be up and down. But this doesn't mean you should destroy the company. If you do need to invest several days to fix the problems (but don't know this), don't invest millions in the system that would not work anyway (this I say after I tested your application at another work place ) and unfortunately am quite confident that it will not work at Les Concierges.

"DO NOT WORK HERE!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a few, but really, for what you have to deal with, you should take your resume elsewhere.

Cons

If you would like a lesson in how NOT to run a business, please, by all means, accept a position here. Afterall, it could be a valuable lesson. The people that lead this company are incompetent to say the least. I would seriously like to know which business schools they've graduated from, if any. Somehow they managed to gain some clients willing to sign over some cash but, alas, they've constantly screwed it up and failed at basic money management. When layoffs (and more layoffs) came around, they decided to get rid of all the wrong people. Basically, what I am trying to say is DO NOT WORK HERE. EVER, EVER, EVER!!!

Advice to Management

Go home!

"Letter To Santa Part ll"

Current Employee - Shift Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Shift Lead in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The location is wonderful. It had so much culture around. Being in the heart of the financial district / Union square. I couldnt have picked a better one

Cons

I as well as 95 percent of my fellow co-workers can go on and on about what is wrong with this place. The constant deception, lies, bullying by co managing director (singular, thanks for the lovely email) is endless. We work in a place where we are not respected, valued, or truly cared about. In my first letter i address serious concerns but instead was attacked in a childish and egocentric long winded letter by a certain co manager that has no business in the position.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to stop ignoring all of the things being said. Take your employees seriously, hear us out. The reason no one comes fourth is because of the retaliation that comes after. HR isn't a safe place as it should, the "boys team" or "man cave" as we call it is full of employees who do nothing but flaunt their undeserving titles in people's face and make endless numbers of empty promises and smoke cigarettes all day long. They have taken away so much of our PTO no sick time, no paid vacations. It's getting worse by the second. When I first got hired there was almost no where to sit a call center full of people, now it's empty and whats left are a bunch of unhappy overworked employees who get nothing. The incentives that are given free coffee or a food tasting night which means nothing they don't care. And it's sad and it's heartbreaking to see that in the line of work that we do and that we "promise" to our clients are filled with people who are not meant to deal with people we have a lot of smart team members but none of them know how to manage. To manage you need someone who is looked upon and knows how to communicate and friendly and open. Instead we have egotistical prideful managers who like to intimidate. The email that was sent out to the company about "not hiding" behind glassdoor was to intimidate and it showed their weakness. Lesconcierges is falling and they will be to blame.