LesConcierges Reviews | Glassdoor

LesConcierges Reviews

Updated July 19, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great location in downtown area near restaurants and such (in 15 reviews)

• Great work environment with amazing colleagues and managers supporting each other as a team (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Not much of a communication between upper management and the floor (in 9 reviews)

• Call center environment open 24 hours, so shifts can be funky (in 8 reviews)

"Great employee environment"

I worked at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

- Excellent employee benefits. - Very friendly staff and atmosphere. - Many perks for employees. -San Francisco office has good location and very bright, open environment.

Cons

- Not much of a communication between upper management and the floor. - Very hierarchical business structure.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of how things are going on the floor and pay more attention to employee reviews. Do more to motivate employees to improve employee retention.

"A Case Study in Dysfunctionality"

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many talented and passionately creative individuals (sadly, many have left or been forced out) all of them working far too hard out of sheer dedication with little reward and even less thanks; the company's vision of high-touch, personalized service is an attractive one, and it attracts a wide range of applicant background and skills; the multiple global offices are undoubtedly visually impressive; the benefits and compensation (dependent on which location you are working in) can be decent for a call centre. There are opportunities for those who are willing to sell their souls and play the game.

Cons

A complete lack of leadership and accountability permeates all facets of the organization. In such a people-focused business, the arrogance, lack of empathy and emotional intelligence is mind-boggling. Executives with nebulous titles come and go, and often cronyism and cliques determine who's promoted and who's not. The smart, dedicated worker bees (including middle management) are treated like cannon fodder. The company website and recruitment process paint one very rosy picture, once new employees begin, the reality is vastly different. Because of all of this, the company culture is toxic and undermining is rampant. Please beware wary of recent glowing reviews posted here.

Advice to Management

Going "global" so quickly, before you had established a true company culture and a true vision that you could adhere to was a towering mistake. You've spent far too much time acquiescing to your clients' demands (often ridiculous and unreasonable) and far too little time listening to those who were really helping you build your empire. The dysfunction starts at the top, it's time for serious soul-searching and letting others take command, individuals who actually listen, are empathetic and have a soul. Your company has so much potential, but you need to stop flying around the globe like rock stars, staying in 5 star hotels and get back to basics. Hopefully it's not too late to save it.

3. "Overall a great company to work for!"

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

- Excellent benefits (including free healthcare, dental, and vision).
    - Nice PTO package!
    - Employee Perks (discounts to purchase electronics & more)
    - Great staff of working professionals.
    - Free soda/drink machine which is great!
    - Office has a spectacular view of Atlanta

Cons

It would be nice if there was more offered in terms of office events/sales contests etc..

Advice to Management

I am thankful to have this career opportunity with Lesconcierge. There are many plus's as mentioned above. My only advice to management would be to put some focus into motivating employees (office events/sales contests) which goes a long way in terms of employee engagement.

4. "Great benefits"

Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Corporate Concierge in Atlanta, GA

I worked at LesConcierges full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits! traveling on companies expense, meeting great people on and off the phone.

Cons

management, give some people a little piece of power and everything goes left...

Advice to Management

really do your research on who you deicide to promote. some people don't deserve the power their are given.

5. "Outstanding Company to Work!"

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love it here. I have truly enjoyed my time working for LC. When I first went back to work I was looking for something that could help me do what I love and yet manage my family as well. LC provided me the opportunity to continue in the customer service industry while having the flexibility to be a mom and deal with the demands of having a family. It is not often that someone can say they truly enjoy their jobs however I definitely can! I have also seen them work to provide opportunities for advancement and growth in positions across the company. The company takes time to really listen to employee ideas and implements those which are a good fit for the employees throughout the company. In the past year they have started several new initiatives for the employees based on employee feedback. I am looking forward to many more fulfilling and productive years with LC.

Cons

Nothing to note at this time

Advice to Management

Keep on providing awesome opportunities for growth while empowering your employees to succeed

"Greek Tragedy"

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

* Free fruit and sodas
    * Nice location
    * Clean bathrooms

Cons

* Drunk and abusive management
    * Horrible technology
    * Lies Lies Lies

Advice to Management

Fire senior management, stop lying to clients, stop lying to employees, stop lying to yourselves - the company is teetering on oblivion and will be gone soon if things don't change.

"so much potential"

I have been working at LesConcierges full-time

Pros

-great people
    -great location
    -good opportunities to grow for the right individuals

Cons

-lack of accountability
    -lack of direction
    -lack of technology

"The Ship is Sinking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at LesConcierges (More than 5 years)

Pros

This used to be a wonderful place to work. It is in a great location in a beautiful office and was full of wonderful, talented people. Sadly, that is no longer the case as management has done nothing to make these people feel valued, and they all left. The only positive thing left is the fruit and free sodas we are given.

Cons

Employees are leaving at an exponential rate and the ones are still here have checked out. There is no respect from management and in return, there is no longer respect from employees. Everyone, including management comes in when they want and do the most minimal work required.

Booking tools are horrible and consistently get errors.

Advice to Management

You need to act fast to try to keep the employees whom you have. You cannot run a business without them. Everyone is looking to jump ship, unless you can make them feel valued and appreciated. Otherwise, you are months away from having no staff, and if you don't have staff, you won't have clients.

"Upper Management"

Former Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Concierge in San Francisco, CA

I worked at LesConcierges (More than a year)

Pros

The concierges are for the most part good, hardworking and passionate people--if the company hasn't crushed their spirit yet.

Cons

Toxic environment. The Co. will not invest in the culture of the work environment or working conditions. Did not pay bonuses to employees that left the company even though they were earned during employment. Everyone there knows it is a bad situation. It is felt in the air.

10. "Corporate Concierge"

Pros

The company has great benefits

Cons

The company has great co workers

Advice to Management

n/a