Let's Go Publications Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Let's Go Travel"

Former Employee - Researcher-writer in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Researcher-writer in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Let's Go Publications (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Let's Go is an amazing experience. You are payed to travel and review restaurants, sights, and hotels, and at the end you are a published travel writer.

Cons

If you are traveling on your own and moving from place to place every few days, the experience can be very solitary.

Advice to Management

Management, including editors, were excellent - very helpful whenever I had a problem, provided excellent training for the job. I have no suggestions for improvement.

2. "Not rewarding."

Former Employee - Ad Associate in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Ad Associate in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Let's Go paid me a decent hourly wage, and I was allowed time off when I needed it at short notice.

Cons

The work was tedious, and the job I ended up doing was much different from what I signed up for. Management also put me in charge of cold calling a number of countries to solicit sales, but because of different time zones, I would have had to shift my hours around to accommodate the open hours of these international businesses. This meant I couldn't make sales because I wasn't able to work during those hours (often late at night), which Let's Go knew because I had indicated my specific available hours (I was a student).

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management other than to say that more organization and communication would be beneficial to your fellow employees.

3. "A decent summer job for Harvard students"

Former Employee - Associate Editor
    Former Employee - Associate Editor

Pros

The pay is decent, the work culture is pretty laid back, it's a nice location, and the work is not difficult.

Cons

Some books seemed to find it almost impossible to finish their workloads while I was there, although they've since changed around the structure. I was also was disatisfied with the communication with some of the management - while some I really respected, others bothered me.

Advice to Management

It's hard for me to offer advice now since the company is changed. I did feel that the workload was unevenly split while I was there, and the high rate of company turnover is definitely an issue.