LetterLogic Reviews | Glassdoor

Elizabeth Geist
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great people"

Pros

Great people and good pay

Cons

Needs a better performance management system, and needs a better way to perpetuate the employees-first culture within the organization

2. "LetterLogic Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at LetterLogic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co Workers are a melting pot of wonderful people

Cons

Executive creates a hostile & uninviting working environment. No room for advancement with new ownership

3. "Employees Make this company great"

Pros

I can't say enough good things about the employees of this company. They really make the culture what it is, and encourage a sense of ownership.

Cons

Can be a dramatic company where passions can lead to a hostile environment and give employees a fear of being terminated. Have lost many great employees due to this.

"Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at LetterLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is profitable, growing, treats employees like family members, openly communicates plans and financial results, has good benefits and shares 10% of its profits evenly with all employees who have worked there more than six months.The company also gives generously to local charities and supports many causes.

Cons

Some employees take advantage of an overly nice management team and "employee-first" culture.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

5. "Great culture"

Pros

Great culture, love the people I work with, good review/raise process.

Cons

Location (I live in Murfreesboro!!

Advice to Management

More shifts in production to deal with overflow.

"Fun place to work"

Pros

Fun place to work. We get listened to a lot and I think most managers have an open door policy. It’s a relaxed environment. It’s also a casual dress place and jeans, t’s are fine.
    The main benefits are good - 100% paid health benefits. I go to the doc a few times year, might have one prescription, and it’s perfect for me. Also have an HSA card. There’s profit sharing at 10% of net profit. We also have a 401k, but the company doesn’t match.

There’s some other benefits that are cool, though not everyone can take advantage – pets and kids are welcome, but if you work on the production floor that probably isn’t as easy to accomplish.

Salaries are good and I have no problem supporting myself and my family. Also been promoted and given generous raises, so that’s a huge plus. They don’t just focus on the fluffy-sound bite stuff like a lot of “Best places to work” winners do.

Cons

The building is kind of loud. Lots of open air workspaces - that’s how all of IT and CS is, so if people are talking or laughing it’s kind of distracting.

Upstairs is production and the offices up there can get loud because of all of the machines running.

Advice to Management

Find additional office space for quiet time.

7. "Flexible work environment"

Pros

Flexible work environment. I manage my own time as long as my projects are done on time and clients are happy. No micro-managing.

100% paid health and dental insurance. Coverage is good for a healthy person.
    Cool people. Company attracts good talent and despite being a pretty small company, a lot of people I know have heard about it b/c of press, etc.

I can bring my dog to work occasionally and sometimes I see people bring kids in when school closes.

Have an education program where you can get some of your school/training paid for.

Cons

Currently don’t have prescription drug coverage for health insurance.

Not every department has a clear career plan. You kind of have to make your own way and take on additional responsibilities and build yourself new positions if you want to rise in the ranks. But they’re not stingy with performance reviews

Advice to Management

Find ways for employees who have health problems to “buy up” and get a little more insurance coverage

Food truck?

8. "From the moment I started, LL has been my home away from home and has allowed me to be full time LL family member and"

Pros

From the moment I started, LL has been my home away from home and has allowed me to be full time LL family member and a very present full time mother and wife outside of LetterLogic. I work with some of the most amazing and talented people I have ever met and I am thankful every day to be part of this company. I consider some of them my best friends, my family.

I know that my ideas are heard and I know if I feel strongly about making a change, I am given the autonomy to do so. We all try very hard to make decisions that positively affect not only our employees, their families, our clients, our clients customers, and our community in a positive way.

The environment is casual. I meet people all the time that wish they were working here with me.

Cons

My commute is kind of gross, but that is my choice. LL is located by the Sounds stadium and I live in LaVergne. Up until last week, it was a con to not have food within walking distance, but a sandwich shop/pub opened up.

The parking lot isn’t paved and it’s getting fuller every day. If you leave at lunch it’s hard to get a spot when you come back.

Advice to Management

Keep on, keeping on and know that it is not lost on me, that we know you care about us. We know that you put us first. We also know that you expect us to do the same for our client, our products and our involvement in the community.

I have watched my direct leader grow into a role that is so fitting and so well deserved that it makes me want to work harder so our team gets better every day. I know that if I wanted or needed a change, a path would be set of me. LL is a special place and much like a beautiful flower, when you feed it what it needs, it transforms into something amazing. I am thankful every day to be here and will be here for many years to come.

"Be warned"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at LetterLogic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer nothing that any other company doesn't offer, except you can take your dog to work. Otherwise, you can find it all, and in better form, somewhere else.

Cons

If you're the type of person who stands up for genuine business ethics and right/wrong, this isn't the place for you. Unless you undertake the LetterLogic brainwashing, you will not last. Plus, their health plan is horrible. Sure, it's paid, but you pretty much have to kill over to meet the deductible. Profit sharing is great, but you have to be there 6 months (and LetterLogic is known in Nashville for very high turnover for such a small company, so I wouldn't bank on that profit share). If you are looking for a career, I would advise you to keep looking. This place is more like a stepping stone to something much better if you're lucky.

Advice to Management

Learn to get along, learn to be logical, learn to act like adults. Build morale, especially if you want your "culture" to be all you portray it to be. Treat everyone with respect and common courtesy, it will get you better results that just using your "title" alone.

"I have to agree with some of what was written before..."

I have been working at LetterLogic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people that work there, company is stable, and pay is above average.

Cons

Five of the seven positive review written above were false, and written by the same person...The harsh review might be a little over the top, but everyone's experience here is different.

Advice to Management

Let the truth come out - ten people have left in the last five months because of shady management...and that's 20% OF YOUR ENTIRE COMPANY.
    It's not high school anymore - backbiting, paranoia, and dishonesty will not earn you a reputation as a good employer, no many how many fake reviews you manufacture.
    There are many others that feel this way - and when their checks hit the bank, they will share their own stories.
    You started this company with good intentions...but somewhere along the way...it just went WRONG.
    LetterLogic has peaked...and no amount of spin can erase the truth....which is that if you want to get this company back on track and truly be a top employer in Nashville, you need a leadership change. A serious one.