Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2019

Found 364 reviews

3.4
Louis J. DeGennaro
Pros
  • "great mission and positive people(in 32 reviews)

• "I fully believe that this organization will fund the cure for cancer(in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "No salary, but that's to obvious when you volunteer with a non-profit(in 31 reviews)

• "Low pay and low work life balance(in 29 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Focused and committed"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part about LLS is that the work is totally mission driven. You feel good about the work that you do every day and you are inspired by all of the advances in treatments that are resulting directly from the research being completed by LLS.

Cons

There are a few evening and weekend events. All of them are mission driven and volunteer focused, so this isn't really a negative If you are looking for a straight 9-5 job this might be troublesome for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to inspire employees by always sharing the advances and progress of the mission.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society2019-03-21

"Built on mission, run like a business"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working at LLS allows you to utilize so many skills including fundraising and sales, relationship building, management, and strategic planning all while working with a collaborative team to fight cancer

Cons

Not a con but LLS is run like a business and we are held accountable to our goals.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society2019-08-13
  3. "Focused nonprofit accomplishing their mission"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Washington, DC

I have been working at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been at LLS for several years and am constantly inspired by the results of the dollars we raise. The research team at LLS is choosing the right scientists and therapies to fund and as a result, we're seeing new cancer treatments come to market left and right. The staff and volunteers are some of the most passionate people I've ever had the pleasure to work with and their tenacity is infectious.

Cons

As with any nonprofit, the work can be grueling and employees have to keep an eye on maintaining work / life balance.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society2019-08-06
  4. "Rewarding organization with staff retention opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Campaign Director

I have been working at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quality, trustworthy organization with a powerful objective and good intentions. Opportunities in networking, relationship building, and strategic planning are abundant. Benefits and paid time off for full time employees are excellent. Very rewarding experiences interacting with patients, caregivers, and volunteers.

Cons

LLS is primarily a fundraising organization which is not a con itself, but... There is a heavy sales culture without the benefits of corresponding incentive based salaries or career growth within the organization. It is possible to achieve an annual performance based bonus when very specific KPI standards are met. High expectations bring high stress and low work-life balance for low(er) pay when compared to similar...

Advice to Management

Invest in employees by investing time and resources in local chapter culture.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society2019-08-15
  5. "Great Mission Driven Company"

Current Employee - Director in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

The culture is amazing at LLS. Each day you wake up feeling that you are making a difference in patients' lives and arrive at an office full of individuals who are just as passionate as you are. The collaboration has come a long way between chapters and campaign staff. It is amazing to see our hard work on the forefront and nothing can compare to the survivor circle ceremony at Light The Night. This is the first place...

Cons

It can be a good amount of weekends and night events. They are all for a cause and moving experiences but may not be for all.

Advice to Management

Keep up the wonderful work :)

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society2019-07-30
  6. "Great place to work & incredible organization to be a part of"

Current Employee - Executive Director in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Mission, Culture & Talent Development

Cons

Medical Insurance is not great, but there are so many wonderful perks that LLS gives .

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society2019-07-28
  7. "Overall great"

Current Employee - Senior Campaign Manager in New Orleans, LA

Pros

Salary, Benefits, Management, support, advancement

Cons

Technology, Bureaucracy, Unrealistic Expectations, Unrealistic goals

Advice to Management

Steamline everything.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society2019-07-26
  8. "Wonderful and Fulfilling Place to Work"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love my time at LLS. It is a wonderful organization that truly gives meaning to coming to work everyday, knowing that we are doing our part to cure cancer. I work in the Contact Center, so there are pros to speaking with our donors, patients, and volunteers each and every day.

Cons

It is a non-profit, and like most nonprofits salary are not usually in line with what you would imagine yourself making, unless you are high management. There is a lot on your plate due to not enough budget resources.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society2019-07-23
  9. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Campaign Manager in Norfolk, VA

Pros

Care about employees and the work

Cons

There are no real cons for this job

Advice to Management

none

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society2019-06-12
  10. "Great Mission"

Current Employee - Campaign Director

Pros

LLS is on the cutting edge of finding a cure for blood cancer.

Cons

The national office does not research specific areas to determine if LLS is in line with other charities in the area with respect to sponsorship levels.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society2019-06-21